Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] MECOOL M8S PLUS DVB T2/T/C TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed. TV-box launches, select the language, connect to the network, there is an inscription "Check for Updates..." circle in the middle of the screen rotates and all - nothing happens. It’s impossible to skip the network connection: we click the “Skip” button, a blank screen opens - no labels, no buttons. What to do?

Comment

I am having the exact same issue. After installing, I get the language menu, then the "do you have an android phone/tablet" menu to expedite the configuration process, and then the wifi connection menu. After all those (and no matter what options I selected) I always get to the "Checking for updates" screen with the infinite loop.

Is there any solution?

*One thing to note is that the box is not unresponsive while in the "Checking for updates" screen: it goes into screensaver mode after a few minutes, and I can go back to the previous menus.

**Another interesting fact is that I can ALWAYS go in to the TV tuner app by pressing the DTV button in the remote, and out of it by pressing the exit button. On the TV app, I can search for channels, but I only get audio (and not video) until I restart the box.

Comment

Hi, do you can share img file DVB-T2 for USB_burning_tool ? I have in M8S PLUS DVB T2 box flashed with DVB S img. Android work, but donot detect T2 tuner. And if will try OTA update, write about canot flash DVB T2 firmware to DVB S box :-( .I canot find any M8S PLUS DVB T2 firmware in img format for burn with usb burning tool.

Or if is possible disable detection box/image.

Thank you.

Originally posted by orefkov View Post
        Hi all!
        I create AndroidTV ROM for this device, based on that ROM.
        It was modified to support our device and added app for DTV view from stock ROM at March 2019.
        Also added:
        - Support for init.d scripts.
        - Some tweaks for net, UI, GPU and other.
        - Android UI at 1920x1080.
        - Youtube support to 4K.
        - AFRD (auto frame rate demon)
        - ES File Explorer and SPMC mod witch closed player on exit.
        - Fix "NO LICENSE" issue on DTV view on some devices.
        - OTA Update app from stock ROM.
        - Used stock recovery, not TWRP.

To flash ROM use stock "Update" app to local update, or enter to recovery by toothpick.

Downloads:
        YandexDisk
        GoogleDrive

If you wish switch Android UI resolution back to 1280x720, flash this patch - resolution_change_for_mecool_m8s_dvb.zip.
        When flashing, it switches the resolution between HD and FHD and vice versa.

solved: rewrited in recovery startup box
        Last edited by mtechzal; 12-18-2019, 04:46.

Comment

Not work right. I write android fw (in recovery startup) for box Tesla, but tuner not work right maybe. Have low tuner signal level and donot write station name.

If anybody have img file for usb_burning_tool for M8S PLUS DVB T2, will be good for test.

Comment

Thank you orefkov for making the ROM!
            Although I have several problems: I can't add Google account and DTV app turns black on me.

My situation is my first rom when I bought the box ran fine. It was just DTV app freezes ocasionally. So I flashed this rom from https://androidpctv.com/firmware-mec...-plus-dvb-rom/ And DTV stoped working, it said "can not detect any demod/tuner".

Hope you still working on this rom. In the meanwhile, does anybody have any other roms I can try?

And Happy New Year to everybody!

Comment

Update: I've just found a Russian forum https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=917018 and I'm downloading as many roms as I can. I hope I won't brick my box.

Comment

@orefkov Thanks for the firmware but "Check for Updates..." is continuous as noted by others. It is in a loop rendering the set unuseable.

Comment

Originally posted by edragon View Post
                  @orefkov Thanks for the firmware but "Check for Updates..." is continuous as noted by others. It is in a loop rendering the set unuseable.
                  I follow orefkov's advice post #7 and boot to the system finally. There is still some bugs but generally is a workable system. ATV v.7.1

Comment

There is still problems with the DTV at times show black only (no video but have sound) so need to reboot and it will be OK until switch channels and it may happen again and need to reboot yet again.

Comment

Same problem. Have you fixed it?

Comment

Originally posted by maicol07 View Post

Same problem. Have you fixed it?
                        No.

Comment

No.
                          Actually, I managed to go after setup it with this method:
                          1. Go to recovery (press the button in the AV hole, before starting the M8S. Then start the M8S holding the button).
                          2. Open TWRP from Apply from EXT
                          3. Do a full wipe within TWRP
                          4. Reinstall the ROM
                          5. Set English (first option) as language, skip Wifi connection and wait some minutes

There is one more problem, though... Every app that goes fullscreen, including the DTV, has the black screen bug.
                          For newcomers, do not install this ROM until this bug is fixed

Comment

Originally posted by orefkov View Post
                            Hi all!
                            I create AndroidTV ROM for this device, based on that ROM.
                            It was modified to support our device and added app for DTV view from stock ROM at March 2019.
                            Also added:
                            - Support for init.d scripts.
                            - Some tweaks for net, UI, GPU and other.
                            - Android UI at 1920x1080.
                            - Youtube support to 4K.
                            - AFRD (auto frame rate demon)
                            - ES File Explorer and SPMC mod witch closed player on exit.
                            - Fix "NO LICENSE" issue on DTV view on some devices.
                            - OTA Update app from stock ROM.
                            - Used stock recovery, not TWRP.

To flash ROM use stock "Update" app to local update, or enter to recovery by toothpick.

Downloads:
                            YandexDisk
                            GoogleDrive

If you wish switch Android UI resolution back to 1280x720, flash this patch - resolution_change_for_mecool_m8s_dvb.zip.
                            When flashing, it switches the resolution between HD and FHD and vice versa.
                            Hi.
                            i can't flash it using "USB_Burning_Tool" because the file is separated. can you send it in one file .img Thanks!

Comment

Hello, please do not know where to download the ROM, the links cannot be opened for me. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X