Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abdelhachim View Post
    It's Ok... I finally got them...
    It takes me many hours to figure out how to build them without external help...
    ... but it's really worth the effort...
    Now I can enjoy my video library from a NAS using KODI and my favorite external video player : MX Player.
    and the experience is really better...
    if some interested, I'll share a how to.
    kindly.
    Please give me some hints to compile cifs.ko module for s912?

Actually I compiled cifs.ko from kernel source, but it didn't work.(I cannot load it. (insmod))

Maybe I made some mistakes....

Comment

It's Ok... I finally got them...
      It takes me many hours to figure out how to build them without external help...
      ... but it's really worth the effort...
      Now I can enjoy my video library from a NAS using KODI and my favorite external video player : MX Player.
      and the experience is really better...
      if some interested, I'll share a how to.
      kindly.
      Please can you explain how to build them from entire kernel???
      I have the Beelink GT king android TV box and cifs suppport is missing so I need to get the cifs module but i dont know how make them....
      can you help me??
      Thanks
      David

Comment

Originally posted by davidthecloner View Post

Please can you explain how to build them from entire kernel???
        I have the Beelink GT king android TV box and cifs suppport is missing so I need to get the cifs module but i dont know how make them....
        can you help me??
        Thanks
        David
        Hello,

I'll save you some time by sharing those modules built for GT-King...
        There is also a sample script for installing those modules and mounting cifs shares...

The script must be executed under root privilege...
        For me to work, I had to install the Super SU patch from ALVATECH (in this thread)...

You may also need to mount your shares automatically at boot : I recommand this app : Script Manager

Modules and Script : GT-King-cifs_modules.zip

Kindly
        Abdel
        Last edited by abdelhachim; 02-04-2020, 23:02.

Comment

Hello,

There is also a sample script for installing those modules and mounting cifs shares...

For me to work, I had to install the Super SU patch from ALVATECH (in this thread)...

You may also need to mount your shares automatically at boot : I recommand this app : Script Manager

Modules and Script : [ATTACH]n797251[/ATTACH]

Kindly
          Abdel
          Thank you very much Abdel,
          I really appreciate you share this modules for GT-King
          I will follow your nice instructions. I will install the Super SU patch from ALVATECH and I will mount your shares automatically at boot with scriptmanager.
          For me is crucial to have cifs support so again thanks a lot for your kind help and share the modules....
          Just let me know how much time do you need to compile these modules??
          I would like to learn how to do it because everytimr thay I update to a new ATV box it is frequent that CIFs support is missing....
          Can you give me some hints, tips to know how to do it myself??? Do you knoe if there is a good tutorial or video to follow on internet??
          Thanks again
          David

Comment

Hello,

Modules and Script : [ATTACH]n797251[/ATTACH]

Kindly
            Abdel
            Hi Abdel,
            I have the new GTKing Wifi 6 ( with rthe new Amlogic S922X) and I have tried the Cifs modules you shared me in 2020 but they did not work. Do you have Cifs modules for this new GTKing???
            The firmware installed is the 917P0_wol_bt
            Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
            X