No announcement yet.

Bricked Box ... can it be revived?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, WorldCup was one of several entries in USBDeview. I uninstalled them all prior to rebooting and repeating the process, but no luck.
    I have since ordered a replacement QBox.
    To all those having stumbled on this post, don't let this setback discourage you from considering this box. It is of exceptional quality, worked like a charm and produced great videoand sound quality.In my case, it was a firmware issue, that if you avoid changing it, will work great as intended. There was something unique to my unit or setup which prevented successful flashing of new firmware.

Comment

Be interesting to see if pcb has changed and wifi or other things different from original or clone. If that is the case firmwarw wouldnt work as well if wifi different. Not that that issue hasnt been seen before...
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi MaxArk68 ,

did you tried the new QBox Firmware from Geekbying ???

good Luck

gefattern

Comment

Hi, gefattern!

Do you have a link to this firmware from Geekbuying?

regards
          obben1975

Comment

Hello,

I found this thread with same problems as i have with a Q-Box s905, i gave up to try to solve its troubles and i bought another tv box, but I wonder if MaxArk6 fixed the tv box or not.
            Or if somebody has any new idea how to fix it.

Same errors with the USB Burnning Tool for the normal firmwares (i tried the last one from January and other 2 older ones):

[0x10105002] Romcode / Initialize DDR / read initialize status/ USB Controller Setup Error

and for Superceleron firmware:

[0x10202003] Romcode / Lead UBOOT / Download UBOOT / Data transfer error

I used the USB Burnning Tool (different versions) method, the Boot Maker Card method and the SD card (the TF card, the microSD with adapter and the microSD card with the USB adapter at the USB port beside HDMI port) method, too.
            All of them failled. My Q-Box sits useless on a shelf, i still hope to fix it soon.

Comment

NextTime ... no, I gave up unfortunately and ended up with a new box.

Comment

Hi, perhaps somebody can help me with my hardbricked Q-Box. It's the 2GB/16GB version. Only blue light on start, no video signal, and no usb detection. So my last hope ist to short the pins on the NAND. But I don't find any infos for this type of box, which pins i have to use. :-(
                Any idea? I don't want to try all the pins, because of a possible damage of the NAND...

Comment

Hello cyfra,

Please tell me the type of the Nand Chip in your Box.
                  A Photo would also be good.

Neomode

Comment

Hi people - for anyone with a bricked box i have some advice - DO NOT GIVE UP - its only a bit of black Chinese plastic with a nice led, right all you need is patience, unless its a hardware problem.
                    Firstly thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.
                    It took me probably 15 hours over two nights to get my bricked OTT Qbox back to life.
                    First a little history, i bought my Qbox 2/16 last year and after a few days i installed Supercelerons rom via usb burning tool 2.0.6 with no problems and have been very happy with it.
                    So why am i here ?
                    Earlier this week i purchased a Beelink GT1 Ultimate [ i was drunk at the time, didn't know while i checked my email the morning after ] partly because i knew Superceleron had a rom for it, so the Qbox would go into the bedroom with the new release of the Qbox firmware [ i read somewhere the led button worked ] so SD card ready and guess what nothing but a nice blue led.
                    Using both Qbox and Supercelerons roms, four usb ports on my win10 laptop, usb burning tool 0.6 [ this worked last year ] 0.7 and 0.8, usbdeview, power to box, usb power only, same usb cable i used last year, so the process began - install, try to connect, delete, restart, intall, delete........................ sometimes the usb tool would connect and get to 2% but that was it, and with different variations of the above, nothing logical about it. I think it was Scooter who described the box as mental and he's fecking bang on.
                    So what worked for me - usb tool 2.0.8, power to the box and the new Qbox firmware.
                    Again thanks to all who contributed and sorry for the long post.
                    Last edited by tis; 05-26-2017, 11:33. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hello everyone,

I had the same Problem, because i broke my qbox when trying to install libreelec. Long story short, i was able to install the "SuperCeleron FW" with the same method as "tis":
                      I used :
                      Win10 with latest updates
                      usb tool 2.0.8(from here : https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...ol-v2-0-8.html)
                      attached power to the box
                      then used this special USB-Cable to attach it to the computer
                      Then several tries(just clicking to "write" several times)

I was able to revive it, and then was able to sucessfully flash libreelec.

Many thanks for your support, i was thinking that i bricked it forever.

Greatings
                      Elias

Comment

Did you try to uncheck the erase firmware and uncheck erase bootloader? Those are the first 2 options by default will be checked. It worked for me.

Comment

Oh, by the way, Max's problem is beyond just loading firmware through Burning Tool issue and that error message that he received. I have the same issue. First i had a bootloop problem and factory reset did not fix it. So i thought its necessary to install new firmware. I successfully loaded updated image firmware through USB Burning tool using USB A male/male, at least it says on the tool. But after that I get a "No Signal" Message from the TV (which never happened before recovering the firmware) even after i rebooted the device. I also rebooted from Recovery mode and guess what......the Recovery mode or screen is also gone now (which also didn't happen before I installed the firmware to recover my box). So i tried to install the firmware again through USB burning tool.......now it wont go beyond the 1% all the time (i tried probably 100 times even doing exactly what i did before) an d gave me that same error: "Initialize DDR / initialize the status Reader / USB Controller Setup Error)". So, it seems like everything in my previous firmware/os was erased including recovery and drivers of the tv box device and i think the new installed firmware did not work or corrupted or misplaced somewhere or did not install right. So it seems like the USB and HDMI of my device (i suspect the SD Card reader too) is not working anymore because drivers are erased that's why its acting strange now. So, first is what happened to my device that it only turns on now, but nothing else happens? Did my device drivers gone in the device? How can i get the recovery mode again since it is important to have to install from USB burning tool? How can i fix a brick device if non of my device's peripherals are working?

Comment

Working...
                          X