Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware that includes KODI 17.x as its media centre.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware that includes KODI 17.x as its media centre.

Hello all,

I've recently updated my firmware to QB0006 found at http://blog.geekbuying.com/2017/09/q...date-20170915/

The original firmware image came with KODI media center, this latest one comes with "KDPLAYER". I have a couple of questions please;

1. Is KDPLAYER supposed to replace KODI? I cannot seem to find it in the play store on my tv box.
    2. Is there another firmware that has an updated version (17.x) of KODI.

The original firmware that came with my Q Box will not allow me to update KODI beyond 16.x. The reason for buying this box was for it's 5.1.1 OS which was the newest at the time.

Funny enough, this box is the second Q box I purchased, the first one (also 5.1.1) allows the upgrade to KODI 17.x and I can also find KODI in the play store when searching. The second one, not at all.

Any thoughts as to why?

Thanks in advance

Goodmoning
    Have you tried uninstalling kdplayer?
    Then download/installing kodi apk from kodi website platform Android 32bit ?

cheers

Comment

I have not tried to uninstall. I thought of that, but wanted to see if I could find KDPLAYER in the play store first (in order to reinstall). I could not find either KDPLAYER nor KODI using the tv box. When searching for KDPLAYER on my android phone, it immediately takes me to the KODI app.

I am a little reluctant to uninstall only to find that I can not re-install. I guess I can always reflash the firmware....
      Last edited by caseythebeagle; 11-20-2017, 20:08. Reason: added

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        Goodmoning
        Have you tried uninstalling kdplayer?
        Then download/installing kodi apk from kodi website platform Android 32bit ?

cheers
        I have uninstalled KDPLAYER from the box and now I cannot get it back due to not available for me to download on play store.

Does anyone know if I can just re flash the firmware and that will put it back on?

Comment

Working...
        X