Extracting Firmware from Q Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extracting Firmware from Q Box

Hello I have 2 Q boxes in my home. One of my boxes allows me to update Kodi and other apps to latest versions, the other does not. I have flashed the one that does not with the latest firmware available, but still no luck with updating apps. My question is can I extract the firmware from the one that works in order to flash it onto the other? Thanks

Is this a S905 or the S905X, The Q-Box Comes both Ways?

Either way TWRP would be a good way to backup the good one to put on the Other.

If it is a S905X I have a Version based on XTMOD_EX_3 that works rather well.

Comment

They are both S905.

TWRP? OK I'll do some reading of it. How would one extract the TWRP

Comment

There are at least 2 ports of Ugoos am1 and am2 firmware to T95M and the M8S S905 Boxes, I have one of them running on a A95X s905 6.0.1 for the S905 is good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tht View Post
          There are at least 2 ports of Ugoos am1 and am2 firmware to T95M and the M8S S905 Boxes, I have one of them running on a A95X s905 6.0.1 for the S905 is good stuff.
          Huh?

I'm a newbie to the flashing stuff. Your post I'm sure was extremely accurate and informative, but flew over my head so high I didn't even hear the jet engines.

I have 2 S905 sunvell Q boxes running 5.1.1. Can the T95M and M8S 6.0.1 firmware be used on my boxes?

I'll figure out Ugoos, am1 and am2 later.

Comment

Well yes and no the qbox I believe uses the bcm4335 chips for both wifi and bluetooth which that firmware don't have,
            Getting the wifi working is not hard but I have not been able to get bluetooth working at all.

Comment

Working...
            X