No announcement yet.

Q-Box updated firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have a Qbox S905 2GB/8GB. I am wondering if any new firmware has come out for this? I am still on 5.1.1 and was hoping to update the firmware to next build.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by jbond View Post

Yes....can anyone confirm if this legit?
      http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160614/ Uploaded on 20170121

This q-box (16g/2g) firmware runs like perfect, but the Generic.kl (KeyMap) for external keyboard (via Bluetooth or usb) is on the button "Enter" wrong. You should change it manually.
      key 28 should be "key 28 ENTER".

Comment

Originally posted by Stahldroid View Post

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160614/ Uploaded on 20170121

This q-box (16g/2g) firmware runs like perfect, but the Generic.kl (KeyMap) for external keyboard (via Bluetooth or usb) is on the button "Enter" wrong. You should change it manually.
        key 28 should be "key 28 ENTER".
        Check out this Post, I fixed the Enter Key on my Q-Box and my M8S Pro with "External Keyboard Help Demo"

Comment

As Found: QBOX_905_216_QB0006

Not sure of Version not tested

Q-BOX 4K KODI AMLOGIC S905 2GB/16GB TV BOX FIRMWARE UPDATE 20170915
          2GB/16GB PC Flash Firmware

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Source Blog.geekbuying

treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hello, First-time poster. I would like to update my firmware, but everything I've read tells me to use the zip file on my sd card or usb stick. The problem is that the new firmwares are .img files. How do I get the box to read the .img file after a hard reset with my sd card in the slot or the usb stick in the usb slot?

Comment

Originally posted by caseythebeagle View Post
              Hello, First-time poster. I would like to update my firmware, but everything I've read tells me to use the zip file on my sd card or usb stick. The problem is that the new firmwares are .img files. How do I get the box to read the .img file after a hard reset with my sd card in the slot or the usb stick in the usb slot?
              Hi and welcome to freaktab,

You will need to flash it with a pc using the USB burning tool,
              Flash guide, please refer to

http://blog.geekbuying.com/2016/02/a...utorials-tool/

Edit: Iv just made a quick video to show you the pc flashing using the USB burning tool

Last edited by blinkone; 11-19-2017, 13:45.
              Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Blinkone, thanks for your quick reply. I've read the tutorial. I will need to create/buy a male to male usb. However the video you posted seems to be an m8s pro review, not a tutorial to flash the box using pc and the burning tool.

would you please post again or post the link.

thanks
                Last edited by caseythebeagle; 11-19-2017, 13:58. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Blink bone, However the video you posted seems to be an ms8 review, not a tutorial to flash the box using pm and the burning tool.

would you please post again or post the link.

thanks
                  Yes sorry about that fixed now,Good luck

Comment

Thank you and again, thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Blinkone, I will need to create/buy a male to male usb.
                      A good guide can be found here to make one http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rk3688-devices-aa/nexbox-z68/knowledge-tutorials-ad/572407-male-to-male-usb-cable-pinout-diagram-for-flashing-tv-box

Keep it short
                      (0.5mtr or less) is supposedly better.

Comment

why after flashing qb006 would my device still not be compatible with apps in the google play store, namely Kodi? I thought that flashing the new firmware would fix the problem of compatibility.
                        Last edited by caseythebeagle; 11-20-2017, 03:52. Reason: added sentence

Comment

Hi .

is the new QBox Firmware still 5.1 LP ???

thanks / gefattern

Comment

Yes. Shows 5.1.1 under about in settings.

Another question please, did the KDPLAYER replace KODI in the previous firmwares as well?

Comment

Working...
                            X