i need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need help

Good evening. my device froze for a while while watching a movie and shut itself off. Now all the colors of the LED at the opening is changing. the device does not start. I tried resetting and formatting, but it doesn't work at all. Is there anything like that that could help me? Or should I throw the device in the trash?

What device is it?
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Generically, I would suggest trying a suitable substitute power supply. Power supplies for these devices are known to not always be reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        What device is it?
        q-box 2/16 s905 amlogic

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
          Generically, I would suggest trying a suitable substitute power supply. Power supplies for these devices are known to not always be reliable.
          I don't think much. because I have been using the same cable for 2 years. I'm afraid the processor or ram will burn. I was just wondering if they were able to provide a solution for someone else.

Comment

Have you tried getting into the Android Recovery menu by depressing the reset button, while booting? If it boots into recovery, then the hardware is ok.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Electronics often fail just like that, they work until they don't. That the power supply has worked for two years is not an indication of present or future reliability.
              A power supply can check OK with a meter and still fail to deliver, under load, the required voltage and/or current.

While I have no knowledge of a power supply correcting problems on your specific TV box model, I have seen countless TV box problems corrected with a new power supply. Some problems, such as freezing, rebooting and failing to boot are all problems that can be caused by a faulty PS. Of course, those same problems can also have other causes.

If you try a substitute power supply, these rules must be followed to the letter,...
              1.) Identical output voltage as the original.
              2.) Equal or greater output current(amps,mA).
              3.) Identical Tip Polarity(tip positive or tip negative). Most likely tip positive.
              4.) Identical connector.
              Items 1,2 and 3 should be printed on the original power supply. Item 4, just compare to the original's connector.

If the above items 1,2,3 and 4 are followed, a suitable replacement power supply should pose no threat to your TV box, its RAM or processor.

It is known on these forums that TV box power supply quality varies wildly, many will not produce the current listed in their specifications when they are new.
              It is at least worth a try. That being said, I have no way of knowing if another power supply will fix your box.
              Good luck.
              Last edited by RISCy Dude; 07-11-2019, 03:49.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                Have you tried getting into the Android Recovery menu by depressing the reset button, while booting? If it boots into recovery, then the hardware is ok.
                Unfortunately, the recovery does not go into the boot menu. It does not work well with SD card pre-loading and USB burning tool.

Comment

Electronics often fail just like that, they work until they don't. That the power supply has worked for two years is not an indication of present or future reliability.
                  A power supply can check OK with a meter and still fail to deliver, under load, the required voltage and/or current.

While I have no knowledge of a power supply correcting problems on your specific TV box model, I have seen countless TV box problems corrected with a new power supply. Some problems, such as freezing, rebooting and failing to boot are all problems that can be caused by a faulty PS. Of course, those same problems can also have other causes.

If you try a substitute power supply, these rules must be followed to the letter,...
                  1.) Identical output voltage as the original.
                  2.) Equal or greater output current(amps,mA).
                  3.) Identical Tip Polarity(tip positive or tip negative). Most likely tip positive.
                  4.) Identical connector.
                  Items 1,2 and 3 should be printed on the original power supply. Item 4, just compare to the original's connector.

If the above items 1,2,3 and 4 are followed, a suitable replacement power supply should pose no threat to your TV box, its RAM or processor.

It is known on these forums that TV box power supply quality varies wildly, many will not produce the current listed in their specifications when they are new.
                  It is at least worth a try. That being said, I have no way of knowing if another power supply will fix your box.
                  Good luck.
                  OK I'll try it. I am still standing on ram or processor burning. because the usb burning tool does not work on startup. does not start with recovery mode. I bought the usb cable for this job. but I'll try a new one on that.

Comment

Originally posted by kml1925 View Post

....I am still standing on ram or processor burning. because the usb burning tool does not work on startup. does not start with recovery mode. I bought the usb cable for this job. but I'll try a new one on that.
                    Yes, it certainly could be, I have no way of knowing from here. Just though it would be worth a try before throwing it in the trash.

Comment

Yes, it certainly could be, I have no way of knowing from here. Just though it would be worth a try before throwing it in the trash.
                      I searched at home but could not find the appropriate adapter. I'll search the internet tomorrow. I think I can find something at the proper voltage.

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                        RISCy Dude commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They can be found on the Bay, Amazoon and CH retailers. if you are in the US, may want to have a look at Ameridroid. In any case, remember the rules from my previous post regarding specs. Good luck with your search. :-)

Thanks. I'll write it again when I get results. In the meantime, I live in turkey.

Comment

Working...
                      X