This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart Vega s95 Amlogic s905 Series: Pro, Meta and Telos

Tronsmart has released a new Series of product named - Tronsmart Vega S95.

œ Amlogic S905
    œ 64bit: Quad core

Cheers
    Last edited by blinkone; 12-07-2015, 20:31. Reason: Title changed
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

The New Tronsmart S95 series
    Click image for larger version

Name:	207xcvr.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	540750

Telos with sata port

Last edited by trebor; 12-01-2015, 20:02.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Unboxing video

Amlogic Quad-core 64 bit Cortex A53 S905 CPU, Penta-Core Mali-450 GPUSupport 802.11ac Dual-Band Wi-FiRunning the latest Android Lollipop 5.1.1Support 4K2K UH...

Box in use video

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.
      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
        Unboxing video

Amlogic Quad-core 64 bit Cortex A53 S905 CPU, Penta-Core Mali-450 GPUSupport 802.11ac Dual-Band Wi-FiRunning the latest Android Lollipop 5.1.1Support 4K2K UH...

Box in use video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZm1sGg1rbM

Thanks for this. But the box in use video have some problems when uploading, the whole video seems laggy, however, the video playback is really smooth on this device, so we have to remove this video and upload again tomorrow.
        stay tuned.

Eric
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Very affordable price and much cheaper then MINIX's U1 I think this should be pretty popular

Comment

3 new 905 Models from Tronsmart as mentioned
            Click image for larger version

Name:	!cid__Foxmail.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	540741

Tronsmart Vega S95 Pro Amlogic S905 3D Blueray 4K TV Box Android 5.1.1 1G/8G 802.11b/g/n Gigabit LAN Bluetooth 4.0 HDMI2.0 OTA
            Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta Amlogic S905 3D Blueray 4K TV Box 2G/8G 2.4/5G Dual Band WIFI Bluetooth 1000M LAN XBMC H.265 HDMI2.0 Miracast OTA
            Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos Amlogic S905 3D Blueray TV Box 4K 2G/16G 2.4G/5Ghz 802.11ac WIFI Gigabit LAN SATA Bluetooth4.0 XBMC H.265 Miracast OTA

treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Everything looks good except the part about having to use the Videon adaptation of Kodi in order to get HD audio. The Kodi 16 offers more options that I use, than Kodi 15, which I assume the Videon is base on.
              If it has HD audio passthrough from any version of Kodi, then I would really consider it.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Found some more info on the Tronsmart S95 series @CNXSoft

Cheers
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                  Everything looks good except the part about having to use the Videon adaptation of Kodi in order to get HD audio. The Kodi 16 offers more options that I use, than Kodi 15, which I assume the Videon is base on.
                  If it has HD audio passthrough from any version of Kodi, then I would really consider it.
                  As far as i know, this time, amlogic don't do any anything about KODI in their stock sdk, SO those company need to do something about KODI by themselves. If they don't, like the K1 PLUS, the kodi will have big problems, but vidon xbmc is working with amlogic for years, choose to work with vidon is a wise choice. so it is not the latest kodi version, but it can have HD AUDIO passthrough, and 3D support. good enough.
                  Looking for developers

Comment

New video just updated:

The total operation is smooth, and we use kodi to play the different format 4k video, all of them can play well. and then, we test the bd-j navigation, it also working well.
                    Looking for developers

Comment

Nice to see the 10 bit file playing well out of the box and this will appeal to quite a few.

With regards to Kodi, as long as there is a version that passes all the HD audio then it would do for me for the time being, although you would have thought that AMLogic would show more direct interest in Kodi, with it being the worlds favourite player.

I thunk that the Telos is the one to go for as this has the features that make it the more all round box.

I'd like to see an Antutu video test to see if the S905 matches the S812 in pretty much having total support for all the formats tested.

I can see the S905 being quite popular and hopefully we will also see more of the S905-H SOC with native hardware support for HD audio.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I stated this in the Geekbuying thread for the Vega S95, but in the interest of redundancy, I will post it here as well.
                        I see that the Pro and Meta versions use a 5vdc@3A power supply, while the Telos(SATA) version uses a 12vdc@2A power supply. For 3.5" mechanical drives, I'm guessing external power would still be a good idea.

BTW Any idea if the SATA port can hot-swap?

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                          I stated this in the Geekbuying thread for the Vega S95, but in the interest of redundancy, I will post it here as well.
                          I see that the Pro and Meta versions use a 5vdc@3A power supply, while the Telos(SATA) version uses a 12vdc@2A power supply. For 3.5" mechanical drives, I'm guessing external power would still be a good idea.

BTW Any idea if the SATA port can hot-swap?
                          you might need to read the FAQ on tronsmart forum for the SATA:

Looking for developers

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post

you might need to read the FAQ on tronsmart forum for the SATA:

Excellent, I see the info is covered there. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Tronsmart Vega Telos S95
                              Form CNXSoft:
                              Teardown and Unboxing

treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                              X