Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Users of Dolphin Browser on S95 Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Users of Dolphin Browser on S95 Out There?

I have been using Dolphin browser on all my Android devices for years now. So after getting my Telos going, I installed it. But I have simply never been able to get it to work. It installs, opens, runs it first-time thing, and the looks ready to go. However, just trying to direct it to ANY website I have tried causes it to hang/crash/crap out. Since I use the same thing on so many other devices without problems, I am wondering if this is somehow related to the Telos or if it is just me being persecuted. So please let me know your experiences. Maybe I can figure out what is up here. Thanks!

I use Dolphin on my phone, though not on the boxes. For testing, I installed it on the Meta, and though it could do OK with simple sites like startpage.com, it crashed with more content laden pages. Definitely unreliable.
    Things got much better after I turned off the PU-Blocker and Dolphin Jetpack, has not crashed since. Changed other settings too, but those two seemed to do it.
    So looks like you are not being persecuted.

BTW my Meta's F/W is dated 20160414

Good luck.

Comment

thanks for the validation. seems awful strange. worked fine on my 1G ram Neo X5.

Comment

Did you try turning off the things I mentioned? If so, any change?

Though I still experience some random crashes, it's better.

Comment

I did try disabling JetPack earlier without seeing any difference. I only tested a few pages though. Amazon wouldn't load. I will try disabling the blocker now. Didn't think to try that out. Hmmm.

Comment

Well I'll be! I turned off the popup blocker and can now actually get somewhere. It loaded amazon. I then tried cnn.com and it loaded and then froze up. But this is a significant improvement. I have even been able to run a flash video from a page. Thanks alot!

Comment

Working...
            X