Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default HDMI resolution always set to 1080i

Hi,
    I have a strange problem that I did not found any solution for about few weeks now. Let me describe first my TV setup: I got an older Panasonic 37” Plasma TV set that does not have HDMI input. I use HDMI to COMPNENT converter because my TV does have Component input for better picture equality. I purchased my MXQ Pro + S905 some few months ago. When I connected this box for the first time to my TV I did not got any picture at all. So I connected it to another TV that I have with HDMI and I noticed that the problem was that system outputs picture at highest resolution, 1080i. I changed default output resolution to 720p 50Hz, which is possible for my Panasonic plasma to handle. Reconnected to Panasonic TV through converter and I got great picture. So that was solved until I found that the factory installed firmware was crappy an decided to upgrade to SD Robots (Tronsmart) firmware. And so I did. On SD Robots firmware I also at first did not got nay picture eon my Panasonic. So I did same procedure as before, connected to different TV with HDMI, changed default HDMI output resolution to 720p50Hz and re-connected the box to plasma display. Well, no picture. After some toying I found out that the device no longer “remembers” set HDMI resolution and after re-connecting to different TV set it always defaults to 1080i. I tried different ideas, like connecting the box to power bank to maintain settings and so on out of which none worked. So I ended up flashing stock firmware which I can use on my TV but it’s as you know, buggy like hell. Does anyone have any idea how/where to change default HDMI output resolution PERMANENLTY on the SD Robots (Tronsmart) firmware?
    Krzysztof

I had the same problem on Telos stock rom. Resolve it like this:
    Connect device on full HD TV and remember sequence how to get to display settings and change resolution "on blind", and write it down. Connect device on HD ready TV and follow the sequence with remote controller to change resolution. It will stay like that until you unplug it from the power source.
    For me, it's like this: right x2, down x1, OK, right x1, OK, OK, down x2. That's it.

Comment

Working...
    X