X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asimo View Post
    Hello folks,

I tried using this on a less supported box, (model is MXV, which is a S905 / 2GB ram / 8GB box on 5.1.1 with basically the same interace as a mxq) but this method doesn't work for me...

I think it boots the custom recovery correctly (as it got past the security check) but fails to mount / format cache and therefore aborts...

Any idea what I can try next? I have a 32 gb toshiba card that is fat32, with no other files on it except the lost.dir and Android folder automatically created.

I don't have any spare sd for the moment, but my next move is to buy a 4 or 8GB card and try again. thanks if you have any hint!
    same problem confirmed, box: topsion mxv s905, ezroot.zip on 2gb micro sd, can't mount /cache/, etc. Any solution?

Comment

Root success on MXQplus s905 ....1gb ram 8 gb storage. Copy EZroot.zip (only file needed) to 2bg micro sd card than boot into recovery using Reset hole....

Comment

Just purchased and has already crashed: It is the Amlogic 64 bit Quad Core A53 S905 mXq Pro 4k
        Here is what I am getting and can't seem to even get to the home screen:
        Recovery is listening adb sideload... Waiting adb sideload command... E:Cannot load volume /misc! I did followed the instruction above but I getting the logic screen & Android Bot showing it loading. I need help, please and thank you!

Comment

(comments removed)
          Last edited by vijayk416; 04-07-2017, 11:37. Reason: OP not relevant

Comment

Won't mount usb disk. Guessing this is because I'm not using an sd card ( who still uses those tiny annoying things anyways . Regretting I ever got this box. Also kudos never seen this root principle done with android it's like the windows boot recovery from drive option exempt off using a USB drive is there another method I could use this evening * no male to male lead. No sd cards
            I've got a computer with everything ready for flashing ( no help with out the leaf and I've got a 1tb HD help me kodi just keeps kicking me out and never stays open in background

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

well on coowell v5 last firmware this freeze on first screen, anybody can give some help please???i open supersu show box super su occupied.....

Comment

Last edited by Pumahost; 04-10-2020, 15:24.

Comment

Im sure this will sound stupid but i cant find "update & backup" anywhere all i can find is "Backup & reset" under settings. Which doesnt have a "local update" option. What can I do?

Comment

okay figured out how to update from sdcard but getting a failed to map file error

Comment

Worked on my JVC Smart TV LT-55n685A

Comment

Thank you for this Finless.

Managed to root a WorldMax TV 4KHDR (S905) by using a 32GB SD Card (64GB didn't work) and copying only the ezroot.zip file onto it. I had to delete the two other files as otherwise the local update method would result in freezing on the boot screen.

Comment

Does anyone have Google drive file which was initially attached by Finless?

Contains

ezroot.zip recovery.img
                          factory_update_param.aml

Due to some issues the file is no longer available to download.

Please upload.

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            Hey folks.... been a while aye?

So thanks to Trebor for testing my EZ root ZIP I made for the Minix U1, this also work on all the Tronsmart S95 devices.

No ADB required which is difficult for many to setup and get the drivers installed!

Trust I will do more work with the S95 boxes like ROMS!

This is a full proper root including fixing processes!
                            When you run the SU app for the first time you it will not have to update the SU binary which is unlike other root tools out there for the S905.

On with the show.....

Download the link below.

Unzip the file and put the 3 files on a SDcard.
                            ezroot.zip
                            recovery.img
                            factory_update_param.aml

Insert the SDcard into your Tronsmart S95
                            Unplug the power, wait 3 seconds and plug it back in.

Now this is the important part. We need to boot the recovery you put on SDcard not the internal recovery or the ezroot.zip will fail signature.

Go to "My Apps" and run "Update & Backup".
                            Click on "Local Update" and click on "Select". It should find ezroot.zip on your SDcard.
                            Select that and proceed.

The S95 will reboot and install the update and your done!

Enjoy the perfect root

Here is the download link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9B...ew?usp=sharing

Enjoy and now it is time for me to work on a Finless ROM for this box

Bob
                            Hi. My friend had a similar box as mine and he was successful using EZROOT. When I click on link it takes me to Google Drive site and I am to seek & await permission. Is this the method it works or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by shakti_nz View Post
                              Thank you for this Finless.

Managed to root a WorldMax TV 4KHDR (S905) by using a 32GB SD Card (64GB didn't work) and copying only the ezroot.zip file onto it. I had to delete the two other files as otherwise the local update method would result in freezing on the boot screen.
                              Hi . Would you be able to share ezroot.zip file for me to use on my Worldmax box please. Thanking you in advance..

Comment

Working...
                              X