This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viggen66 View Post
    This is indeed a great rom, just some suggestions on possible future releases,

All resolutions available, only 1080p24 available for me, and automatic HDD on/off together with the tv box, the rest is awesome
    Just like to agree with the request for auto usb hard drive off when box goes to standby. Such a basic and important thing for Tronsmart to have messed up.

Thanks so much for all your hard work Finless.

Comment

Hi all.. Birthday has arrived and I`ve got the Telos installed finless ( no issue ) but I`ve gone ahead and installed the regular Kodi from the play store. Two instances now that Kodi has locked up and I`ve had to pull the plug. Is there an issue with regular Kodi and that`s why everyone`s jumping on the Vidon one?

thanks

Comment

Happy Birthday!
        Finless has a nice ROM, but it is based on a very early firmware. Many issues have been fixed in subsequent versions.
        VidOn allows for HD audio that may not be available on stock Kodi versions. It has been a while since I have run the S95(Meta) on Android, so my memory as to the best Kodi version is foggy.
        I have OpenELEC(balbes150) installed on it at the moment, so I can't test Android Kodi now.
        Hopefully someone with more recent experience can give you better advice.

Hope your birthday wishes comes true.
        ​​​​

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I might go back to stock and see how I get on there!

Comment

Originally posted by spideymon View Post
            does anyone know if vidon will identify this box as a tronsmart vega after we uprade to finless rom and then allow the free vidon Pro upgrade?

or has anyone tried kodi vs vidon xbmx with dts hdmi passthrough (using this rom of course)...which one doesnt have jitters or sound drops?
            No, it won't be recognized by Vidon because the serial number is wiped when you installed Fineless ROM.

Comment

Hi Bob a good group of people are trying to get this box up and running again they started a group to try and fix this unit as every one is sick of waiting for tronsmart to send out updates I think that you may have also given up as well but if anyone can get this box running the right way it's you I know there is never enough time for you in a day to do stuff but just maybe with the help of this group you can all get this box going here are links thanks for any reply on this Bob

link # 1

http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/veg...n#.V_6vKL0pBAg

Link #2 starting to make new Rom

http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/veg...6#.V_617r0pBAg
              Last edited by ruppert; 10-12-2016, 23:25.

Comment

Hi Bob, any chance we are going to see an updated release for this? If not, can you please suggest an alternate ROM using more recent firmware?

Comment

is there any way to install on s905x ?

Comment

Dear Bob, I am trying to restore the S95x and flash ROM -> S95 Telos - Finless ROM 1.0 (280 MB), but I download (already 4 times) the size of 270MB, not 280 as indicated in the link. Help, please, to understand. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
                    My mail is [email protected]
                    Thanks, Regards, Zaxar

Comment

[ QUOTE=trebor;n554225]Downloaded, In the ears are wiggling and the gears are turning and we have a very colourful boot, its making me dizzy
                      Excellent and so easy.
                      Looking good snappy as
                      WIFI speed excellent
                      No top task bar great
                      USB keyboard no error.
                      One error signing into Google services stopped error, then all carried on ok
                      Working very well all tests so far are good
                      Cheers

[/QUOTE]

I'm giving you a shout cuz I'm a bit lost, I'm not sure where to look.

my first box was an M18 B link, first custom ROM was a finless creation. It was portable from his tronsmart work. Either the Telos, Vega, or Pro. It was a beautiful thing , for some reason I decided to reflash it. And use the wrong version, of course, which bricked the Box. I've decided to re-gift it, and need to revive it. But for the life of me I can't find the right wrong to run on it, from the selection above. I saw you comment on some history recently about his work ... I was hoping you could shortcut me to the version I'm looking for? Any leads? Or a way to search from where? If memory serves, the M18 portability was noted in his initial notes. Throw me a bone? Thanks!
                      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Rule Numero Uno: all keep backups
                        Its all history:
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                          Rule Numero Uno: all keep backups
                          Its all history:
                          okay..Is That, before or after one blows them up? corrupts them, runs into storage issues, or just plain forgets where they are squirred away?

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                            RISCy Dude commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Trebor has a solar-powered server farm out back, it is housed in a Faraday cage with an oak tree growing next to it, that truth be told, could use a pruning. He has a contract with Samsung to replenish his drives bi-annually. Also has a contract with NASA to back his data up on the moon(dark side of course).

"hmm, he's in trouble then ". Nope, so far no double-naught spy has been able to locate his compound, of course I know the location, but I'll never tell.
                            Last edited by RISCy Dude; 12-16-2019, 06:12.

Is all i can find, will take 5 weeks to get from the dark side of the moon due to a transition with URanus
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

trebor sure, I might get pissy sometimes...But have a hell of a twisted sense of humor.
                            Therefore, I be LOFLMFAO. hehe!

EDIT~ Thanks, it might be in the (yur) pile, me thinks. If not, I'll find it.
                            back then I think I threw the correct SD at it with no luck

Think a "pin short" will allow it to pick-up on the SD?
                            OR, will it need to be USB/ PC Flashed? do ya know,r want to guess?
                            Last edited by ClarkKent; 12-16-2019, 06:22. Reason: mo' friggin questions

Comment

More data found

but we are just loosing the satellite
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                              X