Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New - RemixOS - S95 Telos - Finless style :)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting back to Android will require a Windows PC, the Amlogic USB Burning Tool, a Male-to-Male USB cable and an image for your model made for USB flashing. See here for method.

I have not had the boot hang issue on my Meta, I see some with the Telos having that issue. I don't know why.
    If you are mostly interested in using your box as a media player and don't need Android, I suggest looking in to balbes150's OpenELEC for the S95. OpenELEC is a JEOS for Kodi. His works very well on the S95. It can be booted and run from SD card or USB flash drive. He also has a version that can be installed to the S95's internal memory.
    He has developed this using the Telos, though his OE works on all S95 models and many other S905 devices.

Comment

Thanks once again for all your help. I thought this may be the case for restoring Android. Of course, I didn't have a male to male A cable - never needed one ever before which is interesting. So it is being shipped now. Will bookmark and use the method you reference. Cheers

Comment

The cable will come in handy. My personal preference is to update this way versus using SD cards or OTAs.
        Having to get the cable is an inconvenience, but once you have it, I think you will be glad in the long run.
        Have fun.

Comment

Think its more fin to tear box apart short pins and hope for the best but thats just me. 😌
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

All the fellows with three hands say that.

Comment

any chance of porting remix 3.0 over to this box? or at least a update?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Hello xionbunny, My best guess is Tronsmart would need to release 3.0 for the S95. Same for any update to their existing Remix OS. Finless Bob might then be able to tweak it. However, he seems busy otherwise and isn't getting a lot of time here lately.

It would be nice to see Tronsmart work on this a bit. Remix is nice on the S95, but as known, it is plagued by many of the same bugs that the first Android S95 firmwares had.

Wish I could be more helpful and/or positive.
                  Cheers.
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

hello everyone !

im looking to download this version of finless...but i can't download it..

does someone still have it ?

thank you !

Comment

Working...
                    X