X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daaave View Post
    Hi there

Thanks so much for the great LibreELEC builds, I'd be lost without it.

I have a couple of problems I was hoping someone could help me with. I have Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos box.

I have never been able to get the Telos to go to Recovery mode, either on Stock Android, OpenELEC or LibreELEC builds. This means I can't get recent builds onto the box.

The Toothpick method works ok for USB Burning Tool so I can always go to Stock, then upgrade using Android app to 8.00, then upgrade using TAR to 8.01. If I try any higher versions using TAR it bricks.

Would anyone know how I can sort out my recovery, or if there are any update.zip files more recent than 8.00?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

1. Restore the stock Android firmware.
    2. Record the new LE image. Be sure to add the correct file "dtb.img" in the root of the FAT partition of the carrier.
    3. Use the toothpick method with the new LE image.

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply, I'll give it another try.

Comment

Updated version of Libreelec KODI-18 20180726.
        In this version added a “parallel” installation Libreelec with Android in eMMC (menu off “Reboot from copy to EMMC”). In this mode of installation, Libreelec is copied to eMMC without removing Android and can be run in turn from eMMC either Android or Libreelec. Due to the fact that Android does not have a reboot mode in LE, LE always starts first, to start Android you need to select “Reboot from Android” in the menu to turn off Libreelec and the system restarts in Android. Pay attention, in the copying LE in the eMMC completely remains the whole Android system (all modes Recowery, etc.). Please note that this is only a “copy to eMMC” test, it may be errors. It is currently only tested on the regular firmware Khadas VIM1\VIM2.

Comment

• ricky divjakovski
          ricky divjakovski commented
          Editing a comment
          Great job, you work is valued greatly around here

New images 20180920 (kernel 3.14).

I draw attention to the changes. Now the process of installing the system in eMMC has changed. The default install of the additional copy of the LE at eMMC without uninstalling regular Android. Now, to install LE in eMMC, there is a special menu item in "Libreelec->Services->eMMC->Install to eMMC". When you select this menu item, LE will be copied to eMMC in parallel to Android (Android is fully saved and can be used). Also in the new images added two menu items to create and restore a full copy of the eMMC on external media (along with the bootloader, settings and all data). I recommend that you make sure you create a full copy of eMMC before installing LE on eMMC. Depending on the type of external media and how busy eMMC data is, the backup process can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes. After the copy is created or restored, the system automatically shuts down. It is not recommended to use the system during creation and recovery (to reduce the risk of errors). For those who want to install LE in eMMC with delete Android, you need to rename the script on the external media beforehand "full_install2emmc.sh" to "install2emmc.sh", start the system from external media and also select the item in the menu. The system will execute the installation LE to replace eMMC with Android on LE.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

New kernel image 3.14 (20181008). By default, when you select the menu item "Libreelec->Services - >Install to eMMC", the installation option is executed in eMMC with full saving of the regular Android. This means that if you select "Reboot from Android" in the shutdown menu, the system will be rebooted and the regular Android will be started. For a "clean" installation in eMMC (with the removal of the standard Android), you must first rename the script "erase_android_install2emmc.sh" to "install2emmc.sh". In this case, all data from Android in the "/dev/system" and "/dev/data" sections will be erased and Librelec will be written instead.

Please note that for the correct operation of the installation in eMMC it is necessary to update the universal multi-boot using these images.
          To properly start the system with the desired DTB option, you now need to edit the file "uEnv.ini" (edit the file name that will be used at startup).

Comment

Hi Balbes,

I have never had issues updating my SD card install on the S905 system before using toothpick method, however using the latest versions (https://yadi.sk/d/WBwKf1hN3UXqQX/20181008)
            LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-9.0-devel-20181008121152-b0cca57.tar the system no longer boots. The update progress completed with the .nocompat file also in the update folder on SD card.
            What is the fastest method to just flash updated LE release to the internal eMMC so I no longer use the SD card. I am happy to wipe android and have a fill clean install.

Regards,
            P

Comment

Originally posted by presjar View Post
              Hi Balbes,

I have never had issues updating my SD card install on the S905 system before using toothpick method, however using the latest versions (https://yadi.sk/d/WBwKf1hN3UXqQX/20181008)
              LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-9.0-devel-20181008121152-b0cca57.tar the system no longer boots. The update progress completed with the .nocompat file also in the update folder on SD card.
              What is the fastest method to just flash updated LE release to the internal eMMC so I no longer use the SD card. I am happy to wipe android and have a fill clean install.

Regards,
              P
              Read carefully my post above in this thread. To work new versions required to update universal multiboot. Be sure to properly configure the file "uEnv.ini" (change the file name in the first line to the desired option) which DTB should be used.

Comment

Hi Babbes, remote control for meta Tromsmart 905 is not working any suggestions.
                Thanks

Comment

Is there any tutorial on how to do this? I burned the LE img file to my sd card.
                  Changed the uenv.ini with my dtb file but it does not boot.
                  My S95 telos has the latest stock firmware. Do i have to do something else?
                  Last edited by Chaosstorm; 11-27-2018, 17:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosstorm View Post
                    Is there any tutorial on how to do this? I burned the LE img file to my sd card.
                    I very much second this. Getting nowhere fast here, and I suspect many others are in the same boat.

As this thread is specifically for the Vega S95 would it be possible to share ALL REQUIRED files for the Telos to install from stock (le.dtb etc) in one place with full instructions?

I realise it's a lot to ask but it would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Last updated LE with kernel 3.14 20181217.
                      Pay attention all, this is the last issue of images Libreelec with the kernel 3.14 for the s9xxx. In the future, I stop releasing LE with kernel 3.14 and completely switch to using kernel 4.XX.

Comment

Originally posted by e123enitan View Post
                        Hi Babbes, remote control for meta Tromsmart 905 is not working any suggestions.
                        Thanks
                        Rename the desired file in the directory "./config/rc_keymaps" in "remote-ir.conf"

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosstorm View Post
                          Change the file name in the file line to "uEnv.ini"

Comment

Originally posted by Daaave View Post

I very much second this. Getting nowhere fast here, and I suspect many others are in the same boat.

As this thread is specifically for the Vega S95 would it be possible to share ALL REQUIRED files for the Telos to install from stock (le.dtb etc) in one place with full instructions?

I realise it's a lot to ask but it would be very much appreciated.
                            All the necessary elements are present in all the images, you only need to perform the simplest steps to reconfigure the system to work with your model.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

Change the file name in the file line to "uEnv.ini"
                              Thanks i'll give it a try soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X