Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Balbes, I currently have this version LibreELEC-S905_SD_USB.aarch64-17.6_20180122.img working in my Tronsmart s905 METAL emmc.

Also I have burned this version LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-9.0-devel-20181114151758-cbfbde4.img into SD card and it is working fine,
    However, each time I tried to write this version into the emmc following your latest instructions, I always get an error message.

The process will start with write to emmc, after a short time the box will power off.

Next I removed the SD and power on the box, then a script message pop up

"Never touch boot=in ex linux.conf /cmdline.txt!

if you don't know what you are doing,

your installation is now broken.

normal startup in 60s....20"

after the above several lines of scripts is written

"FAILED] failed to start load kernel models"

Could you advice where I have gone wrong, How to update S905.aarch64-9.0 into existing emmc S905_SD_USB.aarch64-17.6.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
      New kernel image 3.14 (20181008). By default, when you select the menu item "Libreelec->Services - >Install to eMMC", the installation option is executed in eMMC with full saving of the regular Android. This means that if you select "Reboot from Android" in the shutdown menu, the system will be rebooted and the regular Android will be started. For a "cliean" installation in eMMC (with the removal of the standard Android), you must first rename the script "erase_android_install2emmc.sh" to "install2emmc.sh". In this case, all data from Android in the "/dev/system" and "/dev/data" sections will be erased and Librelec will be written instead.

Please note that for the correct operation of the installation in eMMC it is necessary to update the universal multi-boot using these images.
      To properly start the system with the desired DTB option, you now need to edit the file "uEnv.ini" (edit the file name that will be used at startup).

Hi Balbes, This process did not work when tried to it on an exisiting emmc 17.6

currently I have installed LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-9.0-devel-20181219160651-83ec702.img, and its working perfectly on SD.

To installed in emmc following changes were made to below these files, from Libreelec>services, I write to emmc I got a confirmation that the image has been writen successfully, system shut down, I removed the SD card. But the system did not launch Libreelec.

Could you advice why it wont write or what steps I have missed.

uEnv

dtb_name=/dtb/gxbb_p200_2G_wetek_play_2.dtb
      boot_env=boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img hdmitx=cecf console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 systemd.show_status=auto

data_to_emmc_uEnv
      dtb_name=/dtb/gxbb_p200_2G_wetek_play_2.dtb
      boot_env=boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=/dev/data BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img hdmitx=cecf console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 systemd.show_status=auto

Comment

Originally posted by e123enitan View Post
        To installed in emmc following changes were made to below these files, from Libreelec>services, I write to emmc I got a confirmation that the image has been writen successfully, system shut down, I removed the SD card. But the system did not launch Libreelec.
        Do you read the instructions carefully ? I specifically highlighted in bold a prerequisite.

Comment

Do you read the instructions carefully ? I specifically highlighted in bold a prerequisite.

Ok, I have missed this section out "
          Please note that for the correct operation of the installation in eMMC it is necessary to update the universal multi-boot using these images.
          To properly start the system with the desired DTB option, you now need to edit the file "uEnv.ini" (edit the file name that will be used at startup)."

where do I obtain the universal mutiboot and, how to install, since I have made a change to the uEnv.ini
          thanks

Comment

All necessary files are included in the image.

Comment

All necessary files are included in the image.
              If so, I have followed the instructions to letter, yet, each time that I tried to write to into emmc, the process failed. Very frustrating, I have run out of ideas.
              As per the instructions, it works for SD, however, you did not provided instruction for an existing 17.6 to 18, what should it be? As you only provide instruction to write to android as ""erase_android_install2emmc.sh" to "install2emmc.sh".". which will wipe ALL android. As don't have android for many years, this doest not work.
              Thanks for your help as usual, sincerely appreciate your efforts
              Cheers!
              Last edited by e123enitan; 12-27-2018, 07:03.

Comment

I checked the steps I wrote you for kernel version 3.14. Everything works for me on Vega S95 Telos. Or check where you got it wrong, or put a clean firmware and install LE.

Comment

Hi! Where is there a guide to what to do? Now I have the stock firmware

Comment

Hi guys,

Yesterday I accidentally lost the dual boot option on my vega s95 telos by updating the stock Tronsmart rom.
                    I was running an older version of Libreelec from an sd-card.
                    What is the easiest way to re-enable the dual boot option?

Tia,
                    Marc

Comment

Did you try re-running the Update zip as mentioned in balbes150's guide in the original post of this thread? That should redo multi-boot.The file update.zip should already be on your LibeELEC SD card.
                      "5. open the app "Update&Backup"
                      6. Select local update and an archive on removable media (aml_update.zip)
                      7. Run update"

Comment

The new version of the LE with the corrected DTB files for Tronsmart Vega S95. Wired network is working, sound, BT.

Comment

Hi!!!
                          Any update????

Comment

Working...
                          X