Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Linux From SD Card or USB Flash Drive - Using Balbes150 Method And Files.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi i did it!

everything works, Linux is running now on my Telos, but i have a little problem: there is a little overscan on my Panasonic plasma TV connected thru HDMI to Telos via a Denon home teather ampllifier.
    a little part of Linux desktop is outside the TV screen.
    How can i solve this?

Thank You.

Comment

Congratulations on your success.
      Does your TV have enable/disable overscan option? Have you tried all the HDMI inputs on the TV?
      I see this issue on a 1080 PC monitor, it has two HDMI modes, PC and AV, one gives the overscan issue, the other works perfectly.
      The Ubuntu Ugoos has for their 3288 box has a screen scaler, but I think that may be exclusive to their Ubuntu.
      Good luck.

Comment

hi,

i have another problem: when i turn off my telos with linux shut down command i can't turn it on againg with power button on remote control.
        the only way is to remove power chord and plug it on again...

thanks

Comment

Until the fix for this bug is not ready. Each TV box uses your code to u-boot. I'm looking for a universal solution.

Comment

Hi Balbes i have a Qbox and would like to try and get this working on that to. Is the aml autoscript the same for all amlogic boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by desmondo View Post
              Hi Balbes i have a Qbox and would like to try and get this working on that to. Is the aml autoscript the same for all amlogic boxes?
              The scripts are the same. I recommend to use these files for the first step.

This is a generic script to enable multi-boot. It can be used on any device. Please note that all images need to use the dtb file from your device. Copying it to the media on the second step of the user. It can be obtained in several ways. Of the firmware image file (after unpacking it). From the device, using commands in the terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

This is a generic script to enable multi-boot. It can be used on any device. Please note that all images need to use the dtb file from your device. Copying it to the media on the second step of the user. It can be obtained in several ways. Of the firmware image file (after unpacking it). From the device, using commands in the terminal.

Thanks balbes I have the dtb file already. I will get to work on it today.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

I tried the two files you linked me to but was unable to install as signature verification error footer incorrect, , I have managed to install TWRP on the box using abduls vega s95 .img but it states the following - could not find 'META/INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file. Error installing zip file 'external_sd/s905_uboot_multiversion_v2.zip

Any ideas how to bypass this error.
                  Last edited by desmondo; 06-15-2016, 19:25.

Comment

Are you using the Update and Backup app to select the *.zip file?
                    Please review the guide for step one and step two.

The first step has two files on the card. The zip file is a dummy, the autoscript file does the work. The *.zip file is just to trick the Update and Backup app in to running the autoscript.
                    Good luck.

Comment

Think thats it done, i needed to rename the the zip to aml_autoscript.zip

Comment

Originally posted by desmondo View Post
                        I tried the two files you linked me to but was unable to install as signature verification error footer incorrect, , I have managed to install TWRP on the box using abduls vega s95 .img but it states the following - could not find 'META/INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file. Error installing zip file 'external_sd/s905_uboot_multiversion_v2.zip

Any ideas how to bypass this error.
                        http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=50128852

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=50128936
                        The computer translation.

""""""
                        http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=50433654 Checked out different options. Error, when given a window with Android recovery (if all other steps are done correctly), is associated with a broken or not readable the file aml_autoscript. The reasons can be a lot of viruses, opening this file in Windows some editor (which adds the "your invisible" characters in the file), or is difficult to read the media, or crooked download, or when recording pulled the carrier before the cache has time to close, etc.
                        File aml_autoscript is not a text file is a binary file, and any change breaks the checksum, from which he fails and the system falls into a mode rekoveri.

By the way, along the way discovered one feature - if you select any file in the list of available updates, and media to be correct aml_autoscript. the update takes place correctly. But I do not recommend to abuse it in order to avoid unforeseen consequences.
                        Exactly the error I was getting when the aml_autoscript file is corrupt and cannot be executed.
                        Either the media is bad, or the script file is written (downloaded) to fail.
                        Found another reason why it may not work the script is not the right file system, you need only FAT. He stepped on a rake with NTFS (forgot reformatted without looking at the file system). It seems everything can be seen properly selected, but the error in rekoveri.
                        """"""""

p/s/ Or what to rename is NOT NECESSARY. View updated info on the WiKi.
                        https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic...-%D0%B8-USB%29.

Comment

I managed to install just had to change name to aml_autoscript.zip not the name listed on yandex. I have managed to install openelec also on first install with a lexar 16gb card, WIFI working & Ethernet . Thing is the ir remote is not working. I am thinking i need to insert my remote.conf file into openelec strange thing is it powers on and off OK from remote, i additionally get a message stating pulse-eight cec adapter not working, not initialised i am using the 6.95 image. Boots up super quick also no BT which is not a dealbreaker for me anyway as rarely use it. Looks great if i can get the remote working now.

Update got my remote.conf from android but have been reading the openelec wiki and states should use ssh, which i am not great with lol.

Anyone any experience with doing this can give me a few pointers, before i start?

Comment

I have removed my previous comment here. I made a silly mistake and deleted to avoid confusing readers. My apologies.

BTW For step one, I don't think the name of the zip file matters. as long as it is named something ending in ".zip" and you select the zip from the Update and Backup app. As stated, the *.zip is just a dummy zip file to get the Update and Backup app to run the script on reboot. Once when I tried making a dummy zip by creating and saving a blank text file, then renamed it to dummy.zip, it worked fine. I also did this for running a TWRP recovery on the S95. Also worked fine.
                            Last edited by RISCy Dude; 06-15-2016, 23:57. Reason: Correct a stupid mistake

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                              Remote and BT have been working since balbes150 unified the image. Maybe something went wrong when the script picked the dtb file. Try manually replacing the dtb with the one for your model. The dtb files can be found at the root of the yandex page in the dtb folder.

BTW For step one, I don't think the name of the zip file matters. as long as it is named something ending in ".zip" and you select the zip from the Update and Backup app. As stated, the *.zip is just a dummy zip file to get the Update and Backup app to run the script on reboot. Once when I tried making a dummy zip by creating and saving a blank text file, then renamed it to dummy.zip, it worked fine. I also did this for running a TWRP recovery on the S95. Also worked fine.
                              Hi I did replace the dtb with the image from my own box. When you say the remote is working since balbes unified the image. The qbox has a completely different remote control to other boxes I have seen. It much larger perhaps the unified image is not compatible with the qbox remote and perhaps the bt. In oe configuration tool blutooth states not enabled.

Comment

I am very sorry desmondo, I got my OpenELEC and Linux confused. I was just having my first caffeine and it had yet to take effect. Though I think BT might work, the remote does not work generally in Linux. I have been going back and forth between this box and another using balbes150's bits, and confusion crept in.
                                My apologies. I will check tonight ref the BT.
                                I am going to edit my previous post to belay future confusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X