Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Linux From SD Card or USB Flash Drive - Using Balbes150 Method And Files.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the S95, I am pretty sure both BT and the remote work in OpenELEC, I cannot speak to other boxes. You might find that a BT dongle will work. From here on out, to avoid my confusion, I will restrict my comments on OE to the OE thread.

Comment

Originally posted by desmondo View Post

Hi I did replace the dtb with the image from my own box. When you say the remote is working since balbes unified the image. The qbox has a completely different remote control to other boxes I have seen. It much larger perhaps the unified image is not compatible with the qbox remote and perhaps the bt. In oe configuration tool blutooth states not enabled.

​Hi desmondo , how nice you did get OE running on your device, since yesterday I received my Q-box but native Kodi is not working like it should be so I would like to install OE aswell. Sadly enough the seller have send me 2GB+8GB instead of the 2GB+16GB I did orderd. Please could You give me some advice, any would be welcome, how did You get started? Did You have to be Root and if so, how did You have done this and how did You obtainded this dbt file...?

Thanks and regards, Jefken.

Comment

Another guide, how to write a system image to external media.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefken3 View Post

​Hi desmondo , how nice you did get OE running on your device, since yesterday I received my Q-box but native Kodi is not working like it should be so I would like to install OE aswell. Sadly enough the seller have send me 2GB+8GB instead of the 2GB+16GB I did orderd. Please could You give me some advice, any would be welcome, how did You get started? Did You have to be Root and if so, how did You have done this and how did You obtainded this dbt file...?

Thanks and regards, Jefken.
          Hi Jefken3 I will prepare a guide and will upload to Qbox section later to prevent us hogging Balbes150 thread. But to start you off just now i would download the latest firmware from the Qbox section and throw the three files on sd card, i flashed this via the reset button method which can be found in the av socket at back. Simply press the button in while card inserted and box powered off, insert power cable while button still being pressed and insert power cable this starts the flashing process you can then release the reset button. Incidentally the firmware here is pre-rooted.

Comment

Originally posted by desmondo View Post
            Hi Jefken3 I will prepare a guide and will upload to Qbox section later to prevent us hogging Balbes150 thread. But to start you off just now i would download the latest firmware from the Qbox section and throw the three files on sd card, i flashed this via the reset button method which can be found in the av socket at back. Simply press the button in while card inserted and box powered off, insert power cable while button still being pressed and insert power cable this starts the flashing process you can then release the reset button. Incidentally the firmware here is pre-rooted.
            Perhaps it is time to make one General topic (or group) to start Linux on the Amlogic S905. Now many of the same questions scattered across different themes and duplicated. Basic questions similar and do not depend on specific iron. Many questions are useful for other variants.

The same situation with multi-boot, with OE. Many of the issues are the same and duplicated.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
              Perhaps it is time to make one General topic (or group) to start Linux on the Amlogic S905. Now many of the same questions scattered across different themes and duplicated. Basic questions similar and do not depend on specific iron. Many questions are useful for other variants.

The same situation with multi-boot, with OE. Many of the issues are the same and duplicated.
              Agreed

Comment

Updated Linux images (Ubuntu and Armbian). Now images support auto-negotiation dtb file. For this you need to run the TV box a new version of the script enables multi-boot. It is necessary for the formation settings, u-boot key model. Download links for new images and scripts. For models not listed, use the previous procedure. To replace the file dtb.img in the root directory.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

In both images created SWAP partition. To turn it off (if needed for slow media). You need to comment out the line in fstab the SWAP.

Comment

Which distro packages are unsafe to upgrade automatically? (especially in the Odroid C2 Ubuntu image)

Comment

I now check.

Comment

Detected in a generic way ARMBIAN error. It will not give a normal start. To fix you need after writing the image to media, to access FAT partition and rename a file the kernel "Image" to "zImage". Error is not critical, it is easy to fix.

Comment

A few benchmark results here and here.
                        Last edited by Shimon; 06-29-2016, 21:14.

Comment

Ubuntu is runing on my Qbox 2GB/8GB version, however the remote is not working neither my air mouse with usb, ethernet is working in my router I can see odroid64 and his ipadress...
                          I do have here a usb-bluethootdongle with keyboard but because I can 't reach the system I can also not pair this keyboard.

Comment

What about a wired KB/mouse?

Comment

thanks RISCy Dude, of course, how stupid off me...

Comment

Wireless is fickle, wires you can count on.
                                It's not stupid of you, wireless seduces us all, and then it runs off with the butcher, and we are left holding the bag.

Seriously though, I hope it works.
                                Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X