Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Linux From SD Card or USB Flash Drive - Using Balbes150 Method And Files.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta and i burned Armbian_5.34_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.9.40_mate_20171 112.img to a usb drive, then i launched the update script running android and the device rebooted, but i'm stuck there at the boot logo.
    It's not clear at all which dtb.img should i copy to the root of the fat partition.
    I found a link in one of the first pages of this thread but it's broken.

Comment

Originally posted by lepomis View Post
      I have a Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta and i burned Armbian_5.34_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.9.40_mate_20171 112.img to a usb drive, then i launched the update script running android and the device rebooted, but i'm stuck there at the boot logo.
      It's not clear at all which dtb.img should i copy to the root of the fat partition.
      I found a link in one of the first pages of this thread but it's broken.
      Use the latest versions with kernel 5.1 , there is a DTB for Vega S95 with which everything works.

Information in this topic is very outdated see this topic. The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE Armbian etc. If you run coreelec on your TV box, you will no longer be able to run LE and Armbian normally until the full recovery of the standard firmware via the USB Burn To...

Comment

I would like to run Armbian on mecool K3 pro. It has S912 on it.
        I made an SD card witn debian from

but when I restart the tvbox with SD card in it it still boot to Android.
        I've changed boot.ini and uEnv.ini to use meson-gxm-s912-kiii-pro.dtb file.

What am I missing?

Comment

I think you must activate multi-boot. Not sure how you go about that on the K3 Pro. The same method you use to update the box from SD card will probably work.
          With the Armbian SD card inserted, attempt to put the K3 in to update mode.

The old way was to use the Android update app in Android, point the update app to the SD card, locate aml_autoscript.zip and run the app.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
            I think you must activate multi-boot. Not sure how you go about that on the K3 Pro. The same method you use to update the box from SD card will probably work.
            With the Armbian SD card inserted, attempt to put the K3 in to update mode.

The old way was to use the Android update app in Android, point the update app to the SD card, locate aml_autoscript.zip and run the app.
            I've managed to start it after powering the device with reset button pressed. Now it works OK.

Comment

• RISCy Dude
              RISCy Dude commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to hear. BTW, The procedure only has to be done once.

hello.

Can´t install aml_autoscript.zip.

Always this error (see picture)

Box a95x f3 2gb ram

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by tranceyard View Post
              hello.

Can´t install aml_autoscript.zip.

Always this error (see picture)

Box a95x f3 2gb ram
              Are you using the latest img (20200220)? If so, try the 19.11.5 version:
              Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

I also have trouble with 20200220 version. Burnt image to sd card, didn't boot with toothpick method for my mini m8s ii. Do the same for 19.11.5 and it works!
              Just to clarify: I did attempt to run aml_autoscript.zip in 20200220 version. Not sure if it works because of this failed attempt, but the 20200220 image never boots...
              Beside, 20200220 image is HUGE after extraction (>5GB, compared to 1.7GB for 19.11.5 image). I guess this is a work-in-progress.

Comment

Working...
              X