This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s905_ddBR

System backup and restore the full contents of all internal memory TV box Amlogic S905.

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic...wiki/s905_ddBR
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

I may not exactly understand the info in this thread. The question "Reset" button in this version works ? Tried to turn on while holding the Reset button, nor any reaction there. Recovery mode does not start. It at me something is not right, or so all the button not working ?

Comment

Hello Balbes150, I think the reference is for flashing from PC. If the Remix OS is installed on the S95, flashing by back to the Android ROM is not possible from SD card.
      So the USB Burning Tool must be used with an image designed for USB flashing.
      Holding the reset(labeled Fn on the box bottom) is not necessary. I prefer this method.

Comment

Hi RISCy . We are not talking about restoring the firmware. I'm interested in working button in RemixOS or not. I looked at the version of the bootloader in RemixOS. She's old. If replace file u-boot in the Finless build (to version which I tested). You can go to the standard firmware without using a USB cable. Enough SD card or USB flash drive with stored ddBR, and It will be possible to dual-boot.

Comment

For those who want to try option RemixOS on Telos. There is an option that allows you to return to stock firmware Android without using a USB cable. All return operations can be performed through the browser. At the same time you get a simple system backup of your system and just to return to it. Is anyone interested ?

Comment

Sounds interesting. I am interested.
            The existing S95 Remix OS is not current. It suffers some of the issues noted in early S95 Android firmware, such as, DTS audio dropouts, the 10MB attached storage bug and some others.
            Is it possible to apply the improvements from the latest Android F/W to the existing Remix OS?
            Thank you.

Comment

I don't know Android. So I don't know whether or not to add fixes in the previous version. The images that I made are designed to be used on Telos. I'm not sure you can use them on the Meta. Although the backup system ddBR is useful to you. Mandatory condition - the presence of multi-boot. Quick instructions, detailed with pictures later.

1. Download from this link the image https://yadi.sk/d/lSCHFhd0sYQWX alt_ddBR_v0_01_20160617.img.xz
              2. Unzip it.
              3. Write to media 30 GB or more.
              4. boot from the image on the Telos (wait login "s905" to TV).
              5. Run on a PC browser.
              6. In the browser address bar to gain https://s905:8080
              7. Should the page loads, the password entering 123
              8. Open the menu item "Console"
              9. To dial the bottom line of fdisk -l and press the "Run" button on the right (at the edge of the window).
              10. The resulting output to copy and post here.
              The result I will write what to do next. By the way, this is the continuation of the test that you're doing with the dd command. Now it turns into a working version with a light shell. To turn off the system, choose the menu bar and specify the shutdown. When the red led lights up to switch the PSU off. I not yet completed a full shutdown.
              Last edited by balbes150; 06-24-2016, 13:10.

Comment

Excellent, I will give it a try. If there is not a hurry, it might be a couple of days before I can attempt.
                Will this be OK?

Comment

No problem. I'm now finishing instructions with pictures. Question, do you have the console UART on the Meta ?

Comment

The connector is not there. But I think the pads are to the left of the WiFi chip(see picture)
                    I have sufficient solder skills, but no USB- Serial TTL device. Nor do I have the pinout. I also lack experience with the procedure.

Comment

Adapters very much. The price is not critical. The location of the contacts. Square contact (closest to the chip Wi-Fi) is GND. The other two contacts are the same as in the photo. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...810#post571810 To use UART you can use Windows and Linux. It's all very simple. Write in what system you plan to use. I will write as it to make.

Comment

Geekbuying has this one. I will order it, but it will take some time for it to arrive.

I will use Linux, either kWheezy or Ubuntu.

What voltage is the S95's UART, 3.3vdc or 5vdc?

Comment

I will look and follow with interest.

/usr/lib/alterator/backend3/console: line 20: fdisk-l: command not found

Cheers
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

No power to the module UART is not connected. It is powered by USB. Only connect the three wires to the TV box, GRN Tx Rx. Uploaded the user manual for ddBR. When you have time look at it. Maybe you will complement and correct.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                              I will look and follow with interest.

/usr/lib/alterator/backend3/console: line 20: fdisk-l: command not found

Cheers
                              fdisk "space" -l (small L Latin)

Comment

Working...
                              X