Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android 6 On The S95 - By Way Of The Ugoos AM1...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android 6 On The S95 - By Way Of The Ugoos AM1...

I have been running Ugoos' AM1 Android 6 on the S95 Meta. Usually when running AM1 f/w on the Meta, WiFi and Bluetooth do not work, no surprise as the AM1 uses a different WiFi module. The AM1 is all but identical to the S95 Telos, so I assume AM1 f/w runs fine on the Telos(Sans the SATA).

Enter their AM1 Android 6 firmware. For whatever reason, from what I have seen, this firmware works very well so far, including WiFi and Bluetooth. I have not given the firmware a thorough run thru, but very promising from what I have seen. Two click root/unroot, Fireasy remote app, Hardware Monitor, and many other Ugoos specific features seem to be working.
    I checked to see if SD card can be used as system storage, seems like it can, the Meta's 8GB(~5GB available)could certainly use the extra space.
    Under Settings/Ugoos Settings/Hardware/Remote Controller, two options are available. Both the original Ugoos UT3 remote(pic Left) and the remote(pic Right) from the UT3+(Also Geekbox, Vim1and others) work using the option RC v.1.
    I have not checked to see if I have a remote that works with the second option, RC v.2.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	UgoosRemotes4AM1onS95.jpg Views:	1 Size:	79.6 KB ID:	662434

For those wanting to try A6 on the S95 Meta(and likely the Telos too), you may want to give the Ugoos f/w a go. Of course, the risk, if any, is that of the user, so I don't want to hear from your lawyer.​​​​

Tip of the hat to Team Ugoos on this release and their continuing effort to support their devices much longer than most brands.
    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 08-12-2017, 21:31.

Will the am2 work on the pro (seeing that the pro has only 1/8)...
    kind regards
    cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
    http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

Hello cyber7, I do not know, AM2 has ap6330 WiFi, cannot recall WiFi module used on the S95 Pro. Otherwise, not sure how the 1GB vs 2GB would factor in with the AM1 firmware. Might be a simple change, but that is something another would have to answer. Storage variations(8GB vs 16) are not usually a problem.

It should be noted, that all S95 models and AM1 share PCBs, being almost identical with the Telos. AM2 is a different PCBA, based on size(I have not seen inside the AM2). This might present a bigger obstacle.
      For this reason, getting AM1 to work with the Pro, might be the easier route.

Wish I could be more specific,....or helpful.
      Last edited by RISCy Dude; 09-28-2017, 10:50.

Comment

Has anyone given this a try on their Telos? The wifi keeps dropping and the box keeps randomly rebooting with the Tronsmart firmware so I'm ready to give this a try if someone has had success with it. I don't think I'm tech savvy enough to fix it if I kill the box so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I asked a guy to try it. After much arm twisting and a healthy bribe, he finally agreed to dig out his Telos and try it.
          Kidding of course, he did it willfully. That he could locate the Telos among his collection of thousands(estimated), was almost the stuff of miracles.

He found with AM1 f/w on the Telos, Eth, WiFi, BT and SATA were working..

The S95's remote worked after selecting RC v.1 @Settings/Ugoos settings/Hardware/Remote Controller.
          He tested for basic function, he does not use the box currently, so you will need to see how it works for your uses.

Bottom line, this AM1 f/w should flash to the Telos just like the Tronsmart firmwares. I can see no more risk, than if flashing the Tronsmart firmware.
          That being said, all risk is that of the user.

Guides for flashing can be found here.

Before flashing, do you have a copy of the official Tronsmart firmware? You will need it if you want to go back.
          Flashing will delete user and app data, so backup data before flashing, if you need it.
          Last edited by RISCy Dude; 09-29-2017, 03:54.

Comment

@RISCy Dude thanks for this! flashed my Meta and works sweet, no issues so far

Comment

Good to hear.
              So far I like it better than the official Tronsmart firmwares, plus it has the Ugoos goodies.
              Last edited by RISCy Dude; 09-30-2017, 10:51.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                I asked a guy to try it. After much arm twisting and a healthy bribe, he finally agreed to dig out his Telos and try it.
                Kidding of course, he did it willfully. That he could locate the Telos among his collection of thousands(estimated), was almost the stuff of miracles.

He found with AM1 f/w on the Telos, Eth, WiFi, BT and SATA were working..

The S95's remote worked after selecting RC v.1 @Settings/Ugoos settings/Hardware/Remote Controller.
                He tested for basic function, he does not use the box currently, so you will need to see how it works for your uses.

Bottom line, this AM1 f/w should flash to the Telos just like the Tronsmart firmwares. I can see no more risk, than if flashing the Tronsmart firmware.
                That being said, all risk is that of the user.

Guides for flashing can be found here.

Before flashing, do you have a copy of the official Tronsmart firmware? You will need it if you want to go back.
                Flashing will delete user and app data, so backup data before flashing, if you need it.
                Awesome! I'm convinced so I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help and response

Comment

Look forward to your impressions of it.

Comment

Working...
                  X