[ROM] Android TV 6.0.1 - META

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Android TV 6.0.1 - META

This is the real android TV as you would find on the Shield TV, Nexus Player, ... based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

As it is the real Android TV you are able to navigate with your phone using the Google android tv app.
    Google assistant enabled, but Cast function will never work unfortunatly...

New TWRP 3.1.1-0 included in the rom.

Install guide :

- Boot to your current TWRP

- Wipe -> Factory reset

- Install rom from SD card

- Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache

- Boot android <<<< !!!!IMPORTANT!!!! The First boot can take some time, when android tv is fully booted LET IT SETTLE FOR 5MIN for it to install nescessary apps like the keyboard and google account manager >>>>

- REBOOT DEVICE AFTER 5MIN

- Setup network

- Login to the Google play store

- Enjoy!

Download Android TV 6.0.1 :

21-03-2018 : - Small maintenance update V1.2 : https://mega.nz/#!YAR1xBQD!tRP-abToc...JPuiZBRifWfFro

20-03-2018 : - Initial Release V1.1

If you are having trouble with keyboard not popping up for the first time or not able to add google account you did not give the system enough time to settle at first boot in android. It's really important to give the system 5 minutes after first boot and then reboot.

Thanks to the WETEK community for making this possible!
    Last edited by michie; 03-21-2018, 18:19. Reason: Small maintenance update, ROM link updated

Link is up!

Please read and follow instruction carefully to avoid problems.

You can use the Android tv remote app on your phone to navigate, the device is called "Play 2".

It took me some time to get everything working so a thanks is always welcome!
    Last edited by michie; 03-20-2018, 17:55.

Comment

Originally posted by michie View Post
      Link is up!

Please read and follow instruction carefully to avoid problems.

You can use the Android tv remote app on your phone to navigate, the device is called "Play 2".

It took me some time to get everything working so a thanks is always welcome!

Hello! Thanks for your work !

I will test your custom firmware this weekend :-)

are there bug ?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kingp41 View Post

Hello! Thanks for your work !

I will test your custom firmware this weekend :-)

are there bug ?

thanks
        I did not find any yet, only the TWRP I was providing only seems to work on the kernel provided in the rom so I removed the link.
        Flash with TWRP of the rom you are currently using.

The new TWRP will automaticly be flashed with the rom itself.

Comment

21-03-2018 : - Small maintenance update V1.2 - ROM link updated in the OP

Comment

Hello michie,

I am on stock rom so I can flash directly without revovery ? ( I’m a newbie ^^)

Comment

Hello michie,

I am on stock rom so I can flash directly without revovery ? ( I’m a newbie ^^)
              Hi!

I did not have time yet to create a IMG for the Amlogic burn tool.

I would advise you to flash minixfreak's rom with the Amlogic burn tool as it contains TWRP 3.0. when the rom is booted go to your apps, open terminal, type "reboot recovery" without the quotes and press enter. Your device will boot in TWRP

After this you can flash the rom in TWRP from your SD card.

Minixfreak ROM : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...inally-rejoice

Info how to flash with the Amlogic burn tool : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-button-method

Comment

[ROM] Android TV 6.0.1 - S95 Meta Can Install

Comment

Originally posted by ang89gunner View Post
                  [ROM] Android TV 6.0.1 - S95 Meta Can Install
                  Yes, It's for the META.

Comment

I can't install... it's error
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ang89gunner View Post
                      I can't install... it's error
                      I think something is wrong with your partitions ad DTB check fails.

Try flash minixfreak's rom with the Amlogic burn tool to rewrite partitions. when the rom is booted go to your apps, open terminal, type "reboot recovery" without the quotes and press enter. Your device will boot in TWRP

Comment

I think something is wrong with your partitions ad DTB check fails.

Try flash minixfreak's rom with the Amlogic burn tool to rewrite partitions. when the rom is booted go to your apps, open terminal, type "reboot recovery" without the quotes and press enter. Your device will boot in TWRP

Error flash minixfreak's rom ...
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

THANK YOU I CAN INSTALL.. Success

Comment

Hi!

I did not have time yet to create a IMG for the Amlogic burn tool.

I would advise you to flash minixfreak's rom with the Amlogic burn tool as it contains TWRP 3.0. when the rom is booted go to your apps, open terminal, type "reboot recovery" without the quotes and press enter. Your device will boot in TWRP

Minixfreak ROM : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...inally-rejoice

Info how to flash with the Amlogic burn tool : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-button-method

Hi!

all is ok but my remote control ( original tronsmart) doesnt work ... but with an air remote ( usb dongle) no problem .... bug ?

thanks !!

Comment

Hi!

all is ok but my remote control ( original tronsmart) doesnt work ... but with an air remote ( usb dongle) no problem .... bug ?

thanks !!
                              I will check although I would advise you to download the google android remote app on your phone and use that one

https://www.google.be/url?sa=t&sourc...-Q95gJYYthrDal

Comment

Working...
                              X