Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Is that update properly packaged for an sd card update ? It looks more like the contents of an update.zip file to me....

Just ordered this box so watching this and the other tread with interest...

Edit:-
    Just noticed ota_ at the beginning of the file name, may have just answered my own question, DOH....

Comment

You did, and it happens
      Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by gearbest View Post

already passed on this problem to the manufacturer and hope they can provide one solution.
        Awesome, thx!

Comment

small video review

Comment

Great Video from the Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB
            Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I installed the update from 19/7/16 in this post and still having wifi issues is others having same issue anyway to fix or do we just sit and wait.

Comment

Others that have had this problems it has fixed and problem not seen here.
                More information will be required, and since this is weekend the later will apply.
                Cheers

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I got the box a few days ago and was having the wifi cutout/buffering issue so i downloaded and installed the update dated 19/07/16

and I am still having the wifi cut out/buffering issue using Kodi I have a another box different brand that work fine when using Kodi so the update hasn't seem to fix my wifi issue. i Haven't tried a reset of the box but would i lose my kodi install.

How do I check that the update installed correctly IE check firmware version installed.

Comment

Buffering may be due to other things you may need to check,
                    Check the Kodi website, cache settings etc.
                    What speeds do you get if you visit fast.com or use ookla to test connections, if looking ok problem may be elseware.
                    Cheers

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

i will check speed and get back to use i tried to use ookla but was asking to download the app will try fast.com
                      Last edited by Calam29; 07-30-2016, 11:55.

Comment

Another Great review from CNXSoft.
                        Cheers
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hello everybody
                          I googled p212 + amlogic and the first result is https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9210339/
                          This patch is really for our TV Box Mini M8S II ? And could it resolve DTS pass through in Kodi ?

What do you think about ?

Comment

Hi,

This makes for an interesting read...

Comment

HI. I just picked up this unit from gearbest.com It's my first andoid box and in the past i've only used HTPC's and amazon fire tv. I've been using Kodi for years so I know my way around it.

I'm having issues with the audio breaking when I play anything in Kodi. Not sure what else I can do to fix this so perhaps i'm missing something? I have updated to the latest firmware and i'm on 16.0 Kodi. It is doing it in both DTS and DD. The breaks in audio are very short but consistent and random. It won't reproduce at the exact same scene instead it just does it.

Has anybody else noticed this if so what have you done to fix it? Would appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction to correct this problem. Thanks

Comment

As far as I know, that's normal, unfortunately. I have been having the same issue and I haven't found a fix yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X