Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dastinger View Post
    As far as I know, that's normal, unfortunately. I have been having the same issue and I haven't found a fix yet.
    Are you serious ? I find that hard to believe. Never had this issue with Amazon Fire TV or any of my HTPC's. It's extremely annoying. How can anybody watch anything ...

Comment

Yeh, I find it ridiculous as well. I haven't used the box to watch anything since I own it (2 weeks) precisely because of this issue. 

Comment

Getting rid of this crap if that's the case. It's unbearable.

Comment

I'm also on the fence. Waiting for Kodi 17 to see if that helps but, if not, I'll think about another box and stay away from Amlogic. 

PS: Why are my posts ending with weird characters?

Comment

Relax fixes coming soon. Just like every other device launch issues at start. Welcome to beta testing 😉
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Yes its a pity when third party apps etc are not compatible when something different arrives it happens, all in good time,
              Old saying if the heat to HOT in the Kitchen.
              Cheers
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Its marshmallow they still have bugs in SDK. All manufacture in same boat. Hope fully one of them release full image then if no stupid stuff like locked boot on 3229 devices fixes will come😂 
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Common knowledge, for those that care to look at the BIG picture and not just minor problems,
                  One day.
                  Cheers
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I am happy with specs they said cpu would be 1.5 and its 2.2 so theres a bonus. Just wonder if 905 rom will boot on it. Most seem to 212 boards

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                      Relax fixes coming soon. Just like every other device launch issues at start. Welcome to beta testing 😉
                      So is it an issue with lollipop, kodi or the hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by Gazoo View Post
                        I just got this box and I must say that I'm not impressed. The wireless on this box is very weak at best and even worse is that it can't play any x265 10 bit content !! I've tried every player out there Kodi, SPMC, VLC, Archos and none of it works with x265 10bit content. You can see here when he tries to play a 4k clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olq3_We5tqQ

Hopefully things will get better over time but in its current form this device is big fail.
                        I just received my box today and updated to 5 Aug 2016 firmware with OTA patch. Like Gazoo I can't get 10 bit x265 videos to play correctly. Kodi or MX Player play x265 videos with a garbled screen, turn off HW acceleration and they play but stutter. Interestingly the ES File Explorer player plays x265 correctly without stutter so it is possible.

Comment

Hi guys.
                          Who ever did ROOT ??
                          Who knows how to get them??

Comment

If anyone here has the skills to root this box and can prove it, I will donate one and pay for shipping if you're within Canada/USA. Looking for a zip file based root that can be applied from a flash drive or SD card (ezroot style).

Comment

Hi,

I received this box in Friday...

So far the only thing I can do is confirm what others have seen.

1) No auto-refresh switching, at least in SPMC.
                              2) Iffy audio pass-through, again in SPMC.
                              3) The language of the unit changes at random, even after the OTA fix that was supposed to have fixed it (29th July 2016). I think this is a CEC issue, it's very similar to that I saw on an MXIII-G box.
                              4) No Root.
                              5) MirrorCast was very wobbly compared to my MXIII boxes, lots of artefacts on the screen.
                              6) Upon power off you cannot restart the box with a remote keyboard, you have to use the supplied remote, this is a real PIA, and needs to be fixed !
                              7) Apex launcher installed and runs fine replacing what is in there.

I'll try tonight and see if I get another update, so far I had two OTA's, looks like there should be a third.

Unfortunately, given the first 3 and possibly no 6 I would suggest this box is not ready for prime time, I brought it to replace a kitkat MXiii but it's nowhere near ready to do that... We wait and see.

Comment

For those having issues with the WiFi speed constantly dropping or lagging from the start, try turning off bluetooth. It made the connection more stable for me. I'm on the latest 20150805 firmware build.

Comment

Working...
                                X