No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone, just a matter can be bete but we can change the text and images of the original launcher? I would put in the french text and change some images. thank you
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

TUTO] Décompiler, traduire , compiler et signer une apk.

http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/101...igner-une-apk/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2326604 TUTO][AIDE]Décompiler une apk avec apktool

https://miui-france.org/threads/tuto...apktool.10316/

amuse toi bien
      c'est facile j'ai les miens superbe

Comment

Logically you must be rooted to have access on system files and find the icons to change. Instead doing this try to install another launcher. I have Nova launcher installed and is beautiful.

Comment

merci je vais étudier cela

Comment

Someone with a purple screen problem ... and one dark shadows in the video
            there is a test update

try it

Download firmware 26.09.2016

Programmer wrote: Download it and you will get a file named ota_MINIM8SII_rgb.zip, copy it to TF-card ( make sure TF-card format is FAT32) , then run "UPDATE&BACKUP' application on tv-box, click 'select' button to select file 'ota_MINIM8SII_rgb.zip', then click 'update' button.

After system update success, start system settings, display->force rgb->on, system should output RGB data.
            Currently, I didn't save this status, because I'm not sure wether it works or not, If there is something wrong about display, just reboot system.

Helped or not ???
            Last edited by vldim; 09-27-2016, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by SyS View Post
              I've same message...SPMC, DroidBox.
              Go to System > Video > Acceleration and disable amcodec and MediaCodec. amcodec causes Kodi to crash because it's unsupported on S905X and if you have MediaCodec enabled the audio will be slightly out of sync. So make sure the only acceleration option enabled is MediaCodec (Surface).

This is why the factory firmware Kodi doesn't have the issue "Unfortunately Kodi has stopped", because they use a modified Kodi with the amcodec option removed. amcodec is an older hardware acceleration method that's not used with S905X or S912 SoC's. I have read that certain 4K videos need amcodec enabled to play smoothly but I haven't ran into any yet myself.

Comment

Originally posted by atvbca View Post

Go to System > Video > Acceleration and disable amcodec and MediaCodec. amcodec causes Kodi to crash because it's unsupported on S905X and if you have MediaCodec enabled the audio will be slightly out of sync. So make sure the only acceleration option enabled is MediaCodec (Surface).

This is why the factory firmware Kodi doesn't have the issue "Unfortunately Kodi has stopped", because they use a modified Kodi with the amcodec option removed. amcodec is an older hardware acceleration method that's not used with S905X or S912 SoC's. I have read that certain 4K videos need amcodec enabled to play smoothly but I haven't ran into any yet myself.
                Many thanks, this work....also the wireless mouse pointer is more fluid

Comment

Originally posted by atvbca View Post

Thank you. This fixed the error message for me too, as well as my brightness issue. I had a hunch the error and brightness issue I was experiencing was related to acceleration but I couldn't remember where the setting was.

I'm still kind of confused as to why this is happening though. With the older firmwares (prior to 0923) I didn't have this issue, even if I uninstalled the factory installed Kodi and installed a 'fresh' version from the play store. The 'fresh' install from the play store, however, installed all the pre-installed addons again, so is the box simply re-installed the pre-installed version of Kodi again then?

Also, I purchased one of these M8SMini II's several months ago and it did not come with the pre-installed addons. I installed a fresh version of Kodi from the play store any way, and I still don't see the amcodec in Kodi, but both MediaCodec and MediaCodec (Surface) were checked.

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
                    Someone with a purple screen problem ... and one dark shadows in the video
                    there is a test update

try it

Download

Programmer wrote: Download it and you will get a file named ota_MINIM8SII_rgb.zip, copy it to TF-card ( make sure TF-card format is FAT32) , then run "UPDATE&BACKUP' application on tv-box, click 'select' button to select file 'ota_MINIM8SII_rgb.zip', then click 'update' button.

After system update success, start system settings, display->force rgb->on, system should output RGB data.
                    Currently, I didn't save this status, because I'm not sure wether it works or not, If there is something wrong about display, just reboot system.

Helped or not ???
                    Write here
                    You have 2-3 days
                    Thank you so much!

Unfortunately, I have just tried it but it keeps happening with the "Force RGB" option ON. Even when the screen is weird I went to the settings and tried turning it off and on several times trying to replicate the video below, but it didn't change, it stayed "purple".

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Just to follow up on my question above, I checked my other M8SMini II running the older 20160805 and under video -> acceleration, there isn't even an amcodec option. So clearly the manufacturer of this box enabled amcodec support by default in the the newest software revision, hence why it is having issues with Kodi. Thanks again to atvbca for letting us know to disable this codec.

Don't quote me on this, but I THINK the factory installed version of Kodi doesn't have amcodec, but if you do a 'fresh' install from the play store it certainly does.
                      I uninstalled the factory installed Kodi so I can't double check if it has amcodec or not. This might explain why some people aren't experiencing the problem and some are.

I've messaged the gearbest rep here and they are forwarding it to the manufacturer.

Comment

Rahzel just noticed the problem with brightness and i have it also. I unchecked these two options and now is working great but in settings/video/acceleration there are 3 codecs. Is the amcodec,Mediacodec (surface) and Mediacodec. I unchecked the amcodec and the Mediacodec. Do i have to uncheck Mediacodec (surface) also or leave it checked?
                        I have the kodi that it was preinstalled on this box.

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post
                          Rahzel just noticed the problem with brightness and i have it also. I unchecked these two options and now is working great but in settings/video/acceleration there are 3 codecs. Is the amcodec,Mediacodec (surface) and Mediacodec. I unchecked the amcodec and the Mediacodec. Do i have to uncheck Mediacodec (surface) also or leave it checked?
                          I have the kodi that it was preinstalled on this box.
                          AFAIK you want to at least have MediaCodec (Surface) checked. But to fix the brightness issue or prevent Kodi from getting error messages, you want to at least uncheck amcodec.

According to atvbca, you may experience a slight sync issue if you have mediacodec checked, but personally I didn't notice any difference so I just left it checked.

Comment

I just left everything unchecked and my kodi is working even better!!! I also see a better looking difference in the movement of cursor with air remote control. It's smoother. I didn't notice any sync problems. Just saw the conjuring 2 on 1080p without lags or sync problems.

Comment

If you uncheck all, wouldn't it be using software decoding, rather than hardware acceleration?

Comment

I suppose so. But everything runs smoothly until now with uncheked all. Anyway this is for now. In 10 days the new version of kodi is coming out so i'll delete everything and install frombthe begining again.

Comment

Working...
                                X