Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody,
    I'm new to this forum.
    I'm here to ask for help for a little issue about updating my M8S II.
    It notifies me about 20160923 ota update, I can download it but it does not restart for the installation. The circle continues to spin with the word "rebooting" but after hours (even a whole night) nothing happens. I also tried to download it, set the update reminder to 1 hour and reboot manually. After reboot it says "The system is being updated" with the spinning circle. And again hours passes without any results.
    I have no other problems with my tv box, I like the way it works and usually I'm not so interested about updates; but this, in particular, says "root device" and this interestings me a lot.
    Any suggestion?
    Thank you all in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by gnacca View Post
      Hello everybody,
      I'm new to this forum.
      I'm here to ask for help for a little issue about updating my M8S II.
      It notifies me about 20160923 ota update, I can download it but it does not restart for the installation. The circle continues to spin with the word "rebooting" but after hours (even a whole night) nothing happens. I also tried to download it, set the update reminder to 1 hour and reboot manually. After reboot it says "The system is being updated" with the spinning circle. And again hours passes without any results.
      I have no other problems with my tv box, I like the way it works and usually I'm not so interested about updates; but this, in particular, says "root device" and this interestings me a lot.
      Any suggestion?
      Thank you all in advance.
      To do it right unplug any usb device from the box and insert an sd card. Then try again to update from the menu. This will do the update normal. I had exactly the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by professeur83 View Post
        hello everyone, just a matter can be bete but we can change the text and images of the original launcher? I would put in the french text and change some images. thank you
        Try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...awe.dev.pro.tv
        Beautiful and customizable launcher. Perfect fot TV BOX.

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post

To do it right unplug any usb device from the box and insert an sd card. Then try again to update from the menu. This will do the update normal. I had exactly the same problem.
          Thank you very much Soulfunkdjx, I'll try it as soon as come back home.

Comment

Originally posted by array81 View Post

Try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...awe.dev.pro.tv
            Beautiful and customizable launcher. Perfect fot TV BOX.
            hmmmm it looks interesting. I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing...

Comment

Unfortunately It didn't work. Actually after inserted an sd card it showed me a much bigger updated than before (but with the same name), so something has changed but after download it keeps show me the spinning circle and doesn't reboot.
              I'm new with android devices so I'm afraid to make a mess, but I saw that there's an app called "update & backup" that lets me install updates from sd card. I tried, I selected the "update.zip" file saved in the card and it rebooted in safe mode or similar.
              More choices were showed, one of them was "run update from EXT" or similar. I had no courage to try it. Is it a good method to update?

Comment

Insert the sd card and format it from the settings of android. Then try to update. If not this works try the method you wrote before and choose "run update from Ext" but i suppose you'll get an error.

Comment

Insert the sd card and format it from the settings of android. Then try to update. If not this works try the method you wrote before and choose "run update from Ext" but i suppose you'll get an error.
                  Ok I'm gonna try. Thanks!

Comment

Guys something strange happened. I am using the preinstalled original Movie player that tv box had. Suddenly i can't change the size or the color of the subtitles...??? Any idea???
                    I tried to clear cache and data of this application but nothing changed. I love this player because supports the 3d movies.
                    Does anyone has this apk so i can install it again or where can i find it on the internet?

Comment

Wondering if anyone can help since the last few updates I keep getting apps crashing and this error keeps coming up.
                      Unfortunately, the process android.process. media has stopped. Please if anyone has any ideas to solve this problem let me know

Comment

Do factory settings

Comment

I tried this using the tooth pick method and it still comes up.

Comment

Then you must install the rom with burning tool.

Comment

Also its not just 1 box this is happening on.

Comment

Where would I find the file and also is it not possible do this through an sd card? Sorry kind of new to this.

Comment

Working...
                                X