No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks - but there is no SD card or usb hdd plugged in...
    There is a wireless mouse transceiver in one USB port which I will remove.
    I will try another reset, but the last one did nothing!

Is there another way to get the correct F/W file without getting the box to attempt a download OTA? I think the "unzip" error is because the file is damaged....

I think I need "p212-userdebug 6.0.1 MHC19J 20160923 test-key", or a build in between 2016-09-03 and 2016-09-23....
    Last edited by freemansteve; 10-02-2016, 13:46.

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
      Unfortunately, this method does not work. Very bad.
      "purple screen" problem is on all tv-box Amlogic S905X and S912
      And even on the console Apple TV

The problem "purple screen" only old TV with HDMI 1.3

Most likely it would never be solved! Manufacturer consoles do not know what it is!
      Manufacturer consoles blame the Phillips.
      The problem will never be solved not!
      Change the TV, or sell tv-box...
      It's a pity the "Force RGB" update you posted didn't work out, but still, we really appreciate it.

Comment

Hi all, the problem with DTS passthrough is solved?

Comment

Originally posted by shen_long View Post
          Yes, need Root
          passthrough fix: https://yadi.sk/d/z7ix_IEfw5q4D

Originally posted by freemansteve View Post
          Thanks - but there is no SD card or usb hdd plugged in...
          Is there another way to get the correct F/W file without getting the box to attempt a download OTA?
          Try it
          Firmware 26.09.2016

- fix wi-fi
          - root
          - hmdi cec
          - force RGB

Download it and you will get a file named ota_MINIM8SII_rgb.zip, copy it to TF-card ( make sure TF-card format is FAT32) , then run "UPDATE&BACKUP' application on tv-box, click 'select' button to select file 'ota_MINIM8SII_rgb.zip', then click 'update' button.
          Last edited by vldim; 10-03-2016, 06:21.

Comment

Try it
            Firmware 26.09.2016

Download it and you will get a file named ota_MINIM8SII_rgb.zip, copy it to TF-card ( make sure TF-card format is FAT32) , then run "UPDATE&BACKUP' application on tv-box, click 'select' button to select file 'ota_MINIM8SII_rgb.zip', then click 'update' button.
            Thank you - I will download and try it out!

Comment

Thank you - I will download and try it out!
              All worked! Thanks so much!
              VLC is back to normal playing films off my RAID box.

One further question:
              Out of curiosity I checked 'About phone' to see if there are any more upgrades. I have 20160926 installed, but the system listed 20160923 as being a newer version that I could download. This is the one that proved impossible to install OTA previously. So why does the box think 0923 is newer f.w than 0926 ??? - it clearly uses something in the zip file or other metadata to decide 'newness'...

Comment

So why does the box think 0923 is newer f.w than 0926 ???
                because it is an unofficial firmware 20160926
                beta firmware

Comment

Can anyone please confirm on the latest update 20160923 the preinstalled movie player supports changing subtitle's size. It seems that i can't choose it. Does anyone has the same problem?

Comment

because it is an unofficial firmware 20160926
                    beta firmware
                    Thanks again. I guess this is determined by some file or data inside the zip file.....
                    It's a shame Beelink doesn't provide an FTP site for f/w releases, as I heard that my box goes to Beelink to do the OTA (but I haven't wiresharked the packets to check if that claim is true).

I haven't yet been able to work out if the 'official' 20160923 zip file I was trying to get from Beelink (or wherever) was inherently faulty, or if it was corrupted during each of the several downlods I tried (seems less likely though - I almost never see corrupted d/l files of any sort when done on my PC, but then again, I already know the f/w in my Mbox has some comms stack bugs, so maybe that's why 20160923 gets unzip errors every time).

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post
                      Can anyone please confirm on the latest update 20160923 the preinstalled movie player supports changing subtitle's size. It seems that i can't choose it. Does anyone has the same problem?
                      I have changed the subtitle size in Kodi, and it works. I reinstalled Kodifrom scratch to remove all the addons, so maybe it's a different version.

EDIT: Sorry, did you mean Kodi or the stock player?

Comment

Originally posted by JP_PT View Post
                        Google Photos app -> Cannot play movies. No issues with photos. (both app and box firmware are update)

Hi,

Anyone else with videos not playing with Google Photos app? Any idea on how to fix this?
                        Thanks. Cheers.
                        Same problem to me. Hope it'll be fixed soon.

Comment

Originally posted by solitron View Post

I have changed the subtitle size in Kodi, and it works. I reinstalled Kodifrom scratch to remove all the addons, so maybe it's a different version.

EDIT: Sorry, did you mean Kodi or the stock player?
                          I mean stock player. Kodi is working just fine. I used to change the size before the update. After the latest update 20160923 it seems i can't...All this on movie player application. The stock one.

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post

I mean stock player. Kodi is working just fine. I used to change the size before the update. After the latest update 20160923 it seems i can't...All this on movie player application. The stock one.
                            It's working for me.

Did you select the 3 small dots at the bottom right which brings up new menu and then select the subtitle icon (looks like a small T) where you can adjust the subtitle settings.

This works for me for subtitles placed in the same folder as the movie/series episode.

Comment

Originally posted by shen_long

Originally posted by vldim

Yes, need Root
                              passthrough fix: https://yadi.sk/d/z7ix_IEfw5q4D
                              It works but not in Kodi, only in the stock player (I have already left just Mediacodec surface). My mouse pointer now is useless, by the way, too slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Comeandgetme View Post

It's working for me.

Did you select the 3 small dots at the bottom right which brings up new menu and then select the subtitle icon (looks like a small T) where you can adjust the subtitle settings.

This works for me for subtitles placed in the same folder as the movie/series episode.
                                Yes i know how to do it. Before the update it was working great. Now it's not. I can only enable the subtitles but i can't change the color or the size. I can't think something else that do this. I'll try the accelarators on kodi. It's the only i changed after the update. Maybe this is the key.

Comment

Working...
                                X