No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i just found what is going on. If i use an mkv file that has merged the subtitles you can not change the size or color or position. But if you have the subtitles as a seperate file you can change size,color and position. So everything is ok now.

Comment

Grr so I just discovered that the issues I was having with amcodec in kodi, are also present with the youtube app. I'm guessing the youtube app is also trying to use amcodec for acceleration. Whenever I play a youtube video, the brightness increases / RGB range changes.

I really hope the manufacturer disables amcodec on this box for the next release like it was disabled for before.

Comment

A
        Originally posted by vldim View Post
        Unfortunately, this method does not work. Very bad.
        "purple screen" problem is on all tv-box Amlogic S905X and S912
        And even on the console Apple TV

The problem "purple screen" only old TV with HDMI 1.3

Most likely it would never be solved! Manufacturer consoles do not know what it is!
        Manufacturer consoles blame the Phillips.
        The problem will never be solved not!
        Change the TV, or sell tv-box...
        I found a way to use this Android tv box, a HDMI to VGA + audio cable fixed this problem, getting 1080p 60Hz output, for now problem solved,

my previous Android tv box works fine this tv, changing tv is not possible now. Until then this cable works fine, I am using it for one day and no purple screen. Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	601335

3bay

****.com/itm/1080P-HDMI-to-VGA-Video-Converter-Adapter-w-3-5mm-Audio-Cable-for-HDTV-PC-AC528-/182281648458?txnId=1558679721008
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jason11; 10-04-2016, 20:27.

Comment

Originally posted by jason11 View Post
          A

I found a way to use this Android tv box, a HDMI to VGA + audio cable fixed this problem, getting 1080p 60Hz output, for now problem solved,

my previous Android tv box works fine this tv, changing tv is not possible now. Until then this cable works fine, I am using it for one day and no purple screen.
          That's good to know, too bad my TV doesn't have a VGA connection, only HDMI and SCART.

Comment

Originally posted by solitron View Post

That's good to know, too bad my TV doesn't have a VGA connection, only HDMI and SCART.
            HDCP / HDMI Handshake Troubleshooting and Guidelines from www.hdtvsupply.com: PLEASE PRINT THIS OUT FOR FUTURE USE OR BOOKMARK IT AS IT IS UPDATED DAILY! Warning!!.....Never connect and disconnect HDMI cables and equipment while your devices are powered…

Some devices such as switches and HDMI Switches / Combo splitters also allow for HDMI handshake re-authentication by switching from one input to another and back to the input having HDCP handshaking issues. If power cycles on the Display or Source does not prove to be effective power cycle all HDMI equipment (Source, HDMI Distribution Equipment, Receivers / Amplifiers and Displays). If HDCP errors still occur you need a firmware upgrade to sort out the HDMI port timing / handshake issues on the source or display.
            * This page says a hdmi switcher may solve the problem, if you have one try it.

* a usb powered hdmi - Scart adapter may solve the problem. (I have tried hdmi- RCA converter without usb power, but no video or audio signal ) Click image for larger version

Name:	$_1.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	601510

Comment

Originally posted by jason11 View Post

HDCP / HDMI Handshake Troubleshooting and Guidelines from www.hdtvsupply.com: PLEASE PRINT THIS OUT FOR FUTURE USE OR BOOKMARK IT AS IT IS UPDATED DAILY! Warning!!.....Never connect and disconnect HDMI cables and equipment while your devices are powered…

* This page says a hdmi switcher may solve the problem, if you have one try it.

* a usb powered hdmi - Scart adapter may solve the problem. (I have tried hdmi- RCA converter without usb power, but no video or audio signal ) [ATTACH=CONFIG]n601510[/ATTACH]
              That's interesting... I had considered an HDMI-SCART/RCA converter, but I didn't want to sacrifice HD. But I think I will try the HDMI switch. I'll buy one, I hope any one will do. And if doesn't work, well, I'm sure I can give it some other use someday.

Comment

Kodi giving me jerky videos.. I installed MX Player and all runs great! Also it installed AIO codec for mx player to allow DTS and AC3 support (though it turns audio stream to stereo).. still smoother playback than Kodi for my box.

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post
                  Can anyone please confirm on the latest update 20160923 the preinstalled movie player supports changing subtitle's size. It seems that i can't choose it. Does anyone has the same problem?
                  same issue here.. i gave up and installed MX Player. Way better than movie player.

Comment

Originally posted by skrimaging View Post
                    Kodi giving me jerky videos.. I installed MX Player and all runs great! Also it installed AIO codec for mx player to allow DTS and AC3 support (though it turns audio stream to stereo).. still smoother playback than Kodi for my box.
                    What problem is Kodi giving you?

As you noticed, if you'll use mxplayer the audio output will be only 2.0. If i'm not wrong that's an Android limitation.

Comment

Originally posted by lostheway View Post

What problem is Kodi giving you?

As you noticed, if you'll use mxplayer the audio output will be only 2.0. If i'm not wrong that's an Android limitation.
                      Any video I watch, i can see a subtle frame skip every few seconds.. i tried all the settings to smooth refresh rate based on display and whatnot but it always looks slightly choppy..

in mx player it is buttery smooth..

Comment

Any video I watch, i can see a subtle frame skip every few seconds.. i tried all the settings to smooth refresh rate based on display and whatnot but it always looks slightly choppy..

in mx player it is buttery smooth..
                        This looks like screen refresh rate is not changing, this has been an issue in all the MM ROMs.. With Kodi playing type O to see what the video refresh rate is and then Z to see what the what is actually being output, they should match or be multiples of...

The other thing would be to try SPMC...... Kodi would seem to be trying to pull away from Android devices SPMC gives a little extra love to Android and AMLogic based devices.....

Comment

Originally posted by itsmeedoofer View Post

This looks like screen refresh rate is not changing, this has been an issue in all the MM ROMs.. With Kodi playing type O to see what the video refresh rate is and then Z to see what the what is actually being output, they should match or be multiples of...

The other thing would be to try SPMC...... Kodi would seem to be trying to pull away from Android devices SPMC gives a little extra love to Android and AMLogic based devices.....
                          Is SPMC available as a simple Apk? I found only a zip file online bit don't know how to install from that.

Comment

Please Help. My Mini m8sII is permanently rebooting....cca after one minute. Power on, device is starting and after start, is rebooting...please what can i do? New device, after startup was upgrade and now device rebootig...

Comment

Is SPMC available as a simple Apk? I found only a zip file online bit don't know how to install from that.
                              You can get SPMC right from the Google Play Store.

Originally posted by certxx View Post
                              Please Help. My Mini m8sII is permanently rebooting....cca after one minute. Power on, device is starting and after start, is rebooting...please what can i do? New device, after startup was upgrade and now device rebootig...
                              You can try re-flashing.

Download the flash tool here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-lan-bt/page15
                              Download ROM (20160805) here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...are-wip/page29
                              Flash instructions here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...354#post601354

Note: You'll need a USB Type-A male to male cable to connect the box to your TV.

Comment

Download the flash tool here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-lan-bt/page15
                                Download ROM (20160805) here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...are-wip/page29
                                Flash instructions here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...354#post601354

Note: You'll need a USB Type-A male to male cable to connect the box to your TV.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, i don't understand, which cable? I can connected box with tv with hdmi cable... For re-flasing i have box connected pc with usb cable, yes?

Comment

Working...
                                X