Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soulfunkdjx
    replied
    Waste of money. Keep your money and flash Oreo android version. It will be as a new TV box. No reason to buy a new one.

Leave a comment:

• freemansteve
    replied
    Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post
    . But if you are planning to flash the original rom rom of android 6 then you must find the specific rom. What will you do?
    No idea! I'm not even sure I know what you mean....
    For the money, I may as well just chuck the miniM8s and buy something more up to date that is newer and works (ie updates my standard apps from play store).
    I'll check amazon.co.uk for something with 7.1, for £30 but it is a total minefield - I doubt any will work in a years' time!

Leave a comment:

• soulfunkdjx
    replied
    If not getting any OTA updates and your latest firmware is 1.0.6 then you have the old model. No worries mate, there's no such difference. Oreo version seems to work just fine to older or newer versions. But if you are planning to flash the original rom rom of android 6 then you must find the specific rom. What will you do?

Leave a comment:

• freemansteve
    replied
    Thanks!
    I store nothing on the unit. So long as I have working Play Store, VLC, Chrome, Bluetooth and access to my RAID box over ethernet, nothing else matters!

By the way, how do I identify whether I have the new model or not? I can check inside it later today. It did used to update OK using OTA when I first had it, but I think I updated it by writing files onto the mcroSD at some point in the past, and I have not been able to OTA since then.

Leave a comment:

• soulfunkdjx
    replied
    If your system is not updating via OTA then you have the old model as mine which willwnot go further than 1.0.6. I installed the latest version and then the problem begun. I went back to 1.0.6 and the problem solved. I'll check where is uploaded the right version for your model otherwise I have everything on my computer and I'll upload it and give you the link. By flashing your box you will lose everything and it will be like the first day you bought it so backup your music files,videos, pictures etc.
    But if you are in a hurry you can try out Oreo version. I have not try it yet but I think is working good.

Leave a comment:

• freemansteve
    replied

I had the same problem.
    I tried to flash via sd card a new firmware but this message was popping up all the time.
    You must flash the firmware via PC and burning tool.
    You need also a usb with 2 male sides.
    Only that way fixed the problem for me.
    Thanks but which firmware are you referring to for flahing - do you mean I should use the Oreo firmware?

And if the Oreo build does not work with my unit, how do I ensure I can go back to exactly where I was with the currently installed firmware, if the new firmware creates new problems? Is it enough to just make a copy of whatever is on the microSD as it is at teh moment? I have no other backup image.

Note I am on ROM1.06 and f/w build "p212-user debug 6.01 MHC19J 20161013 test keys", and my device was bought in Aug 2016. I am not sure if it is the older PCB or newer type (green or blue?) as I cannot get to it until later today. Is this build online somewhere in case I need to recover my unit?

Leave a comment:

• soulfunkdjx
    replied
    Originally posted by freemansteve View Post
    I have a minim8S II that was working well until recently.. Shortly after boot, I now get a panel appear that says "google play services has stopped" or something along those lines. I press OK, and it goes away. The result though, is that I cannot start the play store app or update any apps.....

Does anyone know what causes this, and how it can be fixed?

Is it along the lines of the recent problem here - https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...and-honor-apps ?

There seem to be several ways to load new firmware (i.e. via my PC's USB, or by copying code onto the microSD in the unit). It is very confusing - nothing seems to work the the same way twice when I tried in th past; something always gets weird - where is the best guide for upgrading/restoring/downgrading this unit?

I might be willing to try the Oreo code, but I am worried about restoring to what I already have if Oreo doesn't work - how do I back up my current system byte for byte and be able to easily restore it? This is trivail on PC using Acronis to save a whole disk image.....!
    I had the same problem.
    I tried to flash via sd card a new firmware but this message was popping up all the time.
    You must flash the firmware via PC and burning tool.
    You need also a usb with 2 male sides.
    Only that way fixed the problem for me.

Leave a comment:

• freemansteve
    replied
    I have a minim8S II that was working well until recently.. Shortly after boot, I now get a panel appear that says "google play services has stopped" or something along those lines. I press OK, and it goes away. The result though, is that I cannot start the play store app or update any apps.....

Does anyone know what causes this, and how it can be fixed?

Is it along the lines of the recent problem here - https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...and-honor-apps ?

There seem to be several ways to load new firmware (i.e. via my PC's USB, or by copying code onto the microSD in the unit). It is very confusing - nothing seems to work the the same way twice when I tried in th past; something always gets weird - where is the best guide for upgrading/restoring/downgrading this unit?

I might be willing to try the Oreo code, but I am worried about restoring to what I already have if Oreo doesn't work - how do I back up my current system byte for byte and be able to easily restore it? This is trivail on PC using Acronis to save a whole disk image.....!

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    For those who maybe interested work has begun on Oreo

Don't forget to support our devs:

Leave a comment:

• soulfunkdjx
    replied
    Probably you mean you didn't have the problem with olde version. Sorry mate but you must flash an older version rom. The newest versions require the newest chipset. Another option is to flash a custom rom.

Leave a comment:

• array81
    replied

Maybe your box is the old version which supports only untill update 1.06. That's why you have those problems probably.
    I have an old version of that box and i couldn't update beyond 1.06 via OTA and i decided to flash the box with the latest 1.15 verion. That's where my problems started. So i went back to official 1.06 and my box is working grreat again.
    Yes with old firmware I did have this problem but I like use last vesion if possible. Is there a way to fix it?

Leave a comment:

• array81
    replied
    Originally posted by rahzel View Post
    Is HDMI CEC disabled?

Do you happen to have an older LG display? My TV remote sends IR signals to some android boxes and certain remote functions do certain things.
    Yes HDMI CEC is disabled on Android Box in alternative I got many reboot.

Leave a comment:

• rahzel
    replied
    Originally posted by array81 View Post
    I have a small problem with r112 and r115 version. When I switch between HDMI port android shutdown. For example if I use Android Box on HDMI1 and change to HDMI2 when return (only when return) on HDMI1 I see the android shutdown message. If I don't return to HDMI1 android run again without problem, for example can download files while I watch TV but I cannot return to HDMI1 without android shutdown.

Any suggest?
    Is HDMI CEC disabled?

Do you happen to have an older LG display? My TV remote sends IR signals to some android boxes and certain remote functions do certain things.

Leave a comment:

• soulfunkdjx
    replied
    Originally posted by array81 View Post
    I have a small problem with r112 and r115 version. When I switch between HDMI port android shutdown. For example if I use Android Box on HDMI1 and change to HDMI2 when return (only when return) on HDMI1 I see the android shutdown message. If I don't return to HDMI1 android run again without problem, for example can download files while I watch TV but I cannot return to HDMI1 without android shutdown.

Any suggest?
    Maybe your box is the old version which supports only untill update 1.06. That's why you have those problems probably.
    I have an old version of that box and i couldn't update beyond 1.06 via OTA and i decided to flash the box with the latest 1.15 verion. That's where my problems started. So i went back to official 1.06 and my box is working grreat again.

Leave a comment:

• array81
    replied

Any suggest?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X