Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    Does passthrough HD audio?

Well after a battle of the remotes I won, missus went out.

Yes pass thru for the brief test does appear to work, Sony amp was not to happy to start with but was convinced after i pushed the Input Auto button.
    Using 16.1 installed on the Mini M8s II, amp lit up with Modes being played thru HDMI, also a slight tick every 10 seconds or so with some audio played.

Playing thru the Amp Video size was limited 1080,(lack of HDMI2) direct to the TV we had the full range of 4k,
    Can see a new Amp for the lounge soon just have to convince the good wife on what great Visuals she is missing out. (wont happen)
    Cheers

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

More info while plugged into the Big Telly in the lounge and ram.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ram8.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	585153

Name:	res.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	585154

Name:	res2.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	585155
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
        I've just ordered a 4K HDR TV, so the S905X will be an interesting SOC to test the new capabilities.
        Would be nice if there was a 5Ghz/Gigabit LAN version though because the specs for the SOC really demand the network capabilities be at a higher end for those that are going to use the advanced functionality. Good price for this though and interesting that, according to the specs it has HDMI 2.0b and not just a (needs the ad changing to say HDMI 2.0b and not HD 2.0b)
        I may bite the bullet.

Are you playing through a 4K set Trebor?
        Like most of these media players, smaller units first, then the deluxe(better specs)but yes 1gig Lan and 5GHZ a must (well dam good help)for the 4k stuff a lot of content to move around.

Yes get one, cause that's what we do, then the 912 and on and on........
        Cheers
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Ok damnit i biting and ordering one lol...
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

What took you so long,
            The wizard should be on this also I feel,

May have to work on the RISCy fella a bit to convince him I feel.

treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

He will soon as he see this lol
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Any promo code to tease him with??

Comment

I think there was on over at CNXSOFT
                  $36.99 using GBM8SII coupon
                  Last edited by trebor; 07-15-2016, 08:13.
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

Like most of these media players, smaller units first, then the deluxe(better specs)but yes 1gig Lan and 5GHZ a must (well dam good help)for the 4k stuff a lot of content to move around.

Yes get one, cause that's what we do, then the 912 and on and on........
                    Cheers

Good stuff.

Would be interested to see if a 4K HDR file will play.

The guy doing the Youtube video tried but it didn't work but I suspect that it may have been because he was using a 1080p set.

Some test downloads here

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! demo-uhd3d.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf demo-uhd3d.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

If it works then I shall bite the bullet.
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

What player did you use/suggest for this and I will give it a go for sure
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Well after a battle of the remotes I won, missus went out.

Yes pass thru for the brief test does appear to work, Sony amp was not to happy to start with but was convinced after i pushed the Input Auto button.
                        Using 16.1 installed on the Mini M8s II, amp lit up with Modes being played thru HDMI, also a slight tick every 10 seconds or so with some audio played.

Playing thru the Amp Video size was limited 1080,(lack of HDMI2) direct to the TV we had the full range of 4k,
                        Can see a new Amp for the lounge soon just have to convince the good wife on what great Visuals she is missing out. (wont happen)
                        Cheers

Thanks, Trebor for testing for me.
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                          I've just ordered a 4K HDR TV, so the S905X will be an interesting SOC to test the new capabilities.

Would be nice if there was a 5Ghz/Gigabit LAN version though because the specs for the SOC really demand the network capabilities be at a higher end for those that are going to use the advanced functionality.

Good price for this though and interesting that, according to the specs it has HDMI 2.0b and not just a (needs the ad changing to say HDMI 2.0b and not HD 2.0b)

I may bite the bullet.

Are you playing through a 4K set Trebor?

Dang, I know who is rich, go out and purchase a $5,000.00 TV just for a $50 box.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

What player did you use/suggest for this and I will give it a go for sure

Try stock, MX player and even Kodi.

I would likely expect stock player to work as the box should be partly designed around that.

Not sure if MX or Kodi need anything new built in to play HDR.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Dang, I know who is rich, go out and purchase a $5,000.00 TV just for a $50 box.

Haha

I managed to get one of these 49" models for just £354

I think that you can get them in the states, albeit with likely different model numbers

Hisense seem to be the new low budget manufacturer that gives you reasonable quality.

Comment

My TV is 9 or 10 years old now, good for another 10 years. Weighs 200lbs, hanging on the wall. Took two strong men to hang it, no idea how to get it down.

Comment

Working...
                                X