Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexxx79 View Post
    In most cases the cause of problem is "amcodec" accelerator. You should turn off "amcodec" acceleration in Video setting in Kodi. After that problem will be fixed.
    All the best!
    Hey man thank you! That was the problem. I untick that option and i saw one movie without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by gnacca View Post
      Hi everybody two questions:
      1-I read that last OTA gives xbox 360 controller support. Have some of you tried if it work and how it works?
      2-Due sd card problem (used as internal storage) I have unfortunately lost all the video add-ons on Kodi provided in bundle with tv box (you know, those ones with tv series and movies...). Do you know how can I restore them?
      Thank you all.
      1. I plugged a wired xbox360 controller and is working everywhere. Inside menus and also i can play any emulator or game with it. But i think i was using it also before the last update.
      2. Sorry mate, you can't do anything. You should have backed up your user data file of kodi. Now you must set it up again.

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post

1. I plugged a wired xbox360 controller and is working everywhere. Inside menus and also i can play any emulator or game with it. But i think i was using it also before the last update.
        So you are using a wired controller, right? Not wireless?

2. Sorry mate, you can't do anything. You should have backed up your user data file of kodi. Now you must set it up again.
        Doh! Ok, thank you.
        Could you be so kind to tell me all the names of the add-ons I missed so I can restore them? Sorry for bother you.

Thank you again.

Comment

Hello everybody, I tried to use a kingston 32 GB sd card, class 10, as internal storage but the box can't do that. It gives me an error like "java.util.current.... blah blah blah". I searched online about this error but I couldn't find any solution. I thought the issue regarded the card speed but I'm using now a 8GB class 2...
          Have you encountered a similar problem?

Comment

I saw you were interested in the experience with a wireless controller. I have been using a wireless Xbox 360 Controller with a cheap third party emitter I bought online, and it's been working great since day one, both on menus and games (I use it for Epsxe mostly). Just plugged the emitter and synced it to the controller, that's it. The only catch is that the lights keep flashing non-stop, as if it was continually syncing. But it works perfectly fine otherwise, I just ignore the lights. :P

I don't really understand what more support has been added now, but it's always good to know they're working on improving things.

Comment

Doh! Ok, thank you.
              Could you be so kind to tell me all the names of the add-ons I missed so I can restore them? Sorry for bother you.

Thank you again.
              I am using a wired xbox360 controller.
              You want the addons that came preinstalled with the box? I can't remember them. I installed the ones i want to have as with the previous factory installation kodi was 1,3 gb!!! Now it is only 400mb. I use for movies and tv series exodus and specto. For radio tune in radio and for live sport streaming i use sportsdevil. Also installed plexus for live streamings through ace and sopcast.

Comment

Hey man thank you! That was the problem. I untick that option and i saw one movie without any problems.
                Hey man, send the steps for disable amcodec in Kodi. I did not find.

Thanks.

Comment

The slider is in Settings/Videos/Acceleration.
                  Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
                    The slider is in Settings/Videos/Acceleration.
                    No have in my version, only mediacodec. I will try to update the firmware.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post

No have in my version, only mediacodec. I will try to update the firmware.

Thanks.

In settings see on the bottom and change to expert settings. Then you'll see it.

Comment

Good point. If you are not in advanced or expert mode, you will not see this screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161028-194220.png
Views:	80
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	606464

Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

In settings see on the bottom and change to expert settings. Then you'll see it.

Even in advanced mode does not have this option.

Comment

Hey.
                            I just received this box but with 16gb. The update from 13.10.2016 posted on #466 is safe to flash it on my box(sd card method)?

Comment

Kodi uninstalled and installed the latest firmware. Kodi installed later and appeared amcodec.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
                                Hey.
                                I just received this box but with 16gb. The update from 13.10.2016 posted on #466 is safe to flash it on my box(sd card method)?
                                Better try OTA update. If it's not visible wait a few days till it shows the new update. Otherwise you can try from the post 466. I did it also from this post and it installed perfectly. I have the 8gb version. I think you'll not have any problems but wait an answer from an expert or send a message to the person who posted it.

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
                                Hey.
                                Perfect. Now untick this amlogic accelaration and kodi will run smoother with no problems!

Comment

Working...
                                X