Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1

Comment

I have no intention of using SPMC or Kodi on Android. I think I will just boot LibreElec from SD. I brought my box to see if I could get "vpn manager running" on the Android platform I'm just going to use LibreElec.(unless I want to watch acestream) As for kodi 17, the deal breaker is the the removal of the separate librtmp which, although can be install via inputstreams is a deal breaker for me anyway !

I have just got to try and learn the file structure of these boxes.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post

These Chinese boxes will NEVER play netflix in HD because Netflix controls who is allowed to play in HD.
        nope, not true.
        Netflix HD require DRM level 1. Many android boxes, like this, have like the level 3 or similar. [ http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/11/...m-information/ ]
        There are already cheap boxes that supports netflix hd like the XIAOMI MI BOX ort he WETEK hub/core.
        My question is about this: is just a firmware limit or what?

Originally posted by Kuno View Post
        As for your Kodi 17 problem, you people should really only be using SPMC, as it is the kodi fork created by the only Android Dev the Kodi foundation had. Stop using kodi on your android boxes people, it doesn't work properly
        yep, it's an alternative, not an answer to the problem.
        ...and it's not the best alternative since I can use librelec.

Comment

Warning once. Keep comments nice or youll get vacation time.

Known issue for netflicks that they wont even comment on only a few offical supported android devices. If its a must look at those.

Some devs have gotten it to work on some devices but off top of my head forget what ones check threads.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by txxx
            So it's not a question of "cheapness" as you said before... Official box for what? Official google tv boxes? where 's the list?

Please stop commenting if you're here not to help the users or not to share what you know, smart ass. This is a forum, sharing infos and know-how is the purpose.
            And anyway I'm asking if the DRM level is a software/firmware matter or what.
            The Wetek Hub and the Xiaomi Mi box are officially endorsed boxes. Both have Android TV on them and are officially supported by Google. The DRM is a hardware level.

Again please do not comment on things you know nothing about. There is a reason these boxes are so cheap and the officially supported boxes are twice as expensive or more. There is also a reason why the firmwares on these boxes suck so bad and that the community here works to fix these firmwares. These boxes usually have no support from their respective mfg's and usually have no warranty unless you buy them from Amazon (shipping back to China is super expensive).

I'm not a Netflix user myself, but I know many of my readers are, and a frequent complain was the inability to play Full HD or 4K content, except on
            Last edited by Kuno; 02-07-2017, 15:53. Reason: Adding more info

Comment

drm is hardware level.
              you neeeded 4 words.

again, I comment as much as I need to know and learn things. this is the purpose of a forum.

Comment

Yes it is. Its netflicks that has the pull and doesntvplay well with Android so to be sure best to get approved devices or go check threads on ones that got it working.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

the real problem is the DRM level isn't clear for many boxes, no matter the price. [maybe I'm wrong but there's no "declared officlality" in the wetek or xiaomi site]
                  that's why I'm asking "a list"... how should I know if it's official or not... and what means to be official? support from google?

same thing about the new audio standards used in the box for a real passthrough with kodi... even if this looks like a firmware fault because I read about some boxes that uses nougat code can successfully passthrough dts.

Comment

did you try the solution of the last comment here?

looks quite "new", report here too: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-1-l1-t3535349

Comment

The DRM thing for Netflix in 1080p can be brought to one point.

1. A non rooted Box cause it brakes DRM.
                      2. Google Certification which cost a lot of Money
                      3. Certification from Netflix what also cost money and good will of Netflix.

The are only a few Boxes that can provide it.
                      Zidoo and Wetek for Xiamoi I don't know.

So when you buy a cheap Box you will not get these things. But ask yourself, did you need it?

Regards
                      Neomode

Comment

yes, I need it.
                        As I said the new boxes aren't clear about the DRM Level and the audio standards used. That's why I'm asking if there a list or something.

Please, I get it it's a cheap box etc.etc. I'm not asking question to save money.
                        the price isn't a flag about how good is an android box. the xiaomi, for example, looks pretty chinese to me and it's only 69$.

Comment

Ok no problem, there is no list as far as I know.
                          But you can take a look at Wetek Devices.
                          They are able to provide you what you need.
                          You can read what they offer on the site and also ask in there forum what DRM and sound they are support.

Regards
                          Neomode

Comment

It would be nice to have a list! This may thread may help you a little, in my opinion the maker's of these boxes will tell you any old rubbish, however there are alot of posts to read through.

The community wiki page here..

currently there is only one listed compatible s905x device I'm not saying there's not more, but from reading various posts at the org it seems like this Xiaomi are pretty good at providing firmware updates and have been quick to put the newer Amlogic code (IEC61937 audio passthrough) back into Android Marshmallow which  normally is only available since Android Nougat.

Which is why I assume their box works with audio pass-through using Android MediaCodec on kodi 17.

Having said this reading posts over at the kodi forums the xiaomi box's still have refresh rate problems when using Android kodi

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Invisable View Post

Having said this reading posts over at the kodi forums the xiaomi box's still have refresh rate problems when using Android kodi
                              OUCH... this is gonna make me crazy... I'm starting to wonder what's the best piece of hardware for these softwares... maybe it's too early and the technology will step up but now looks like only a windows pc can avoid problems over problems...

Comment

If you absolutely positively need it, then spend the money and buy an Nvidia Shield. That is your only 100% guaranteed product that will do what you are asking. Your other options are the Mi Box if you buy it from Walmart USA and no where else, the Razor Forge which you can find on ****, the old Nexus player which you can find on ****. The problem with older boxes, is their HEVC support is non existent. https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/c...rt_hd_netflix/

Without a doubt, the question I hear most often is whether Netflix HD Android TV boxes allow you to stream [...]

Netflix considers these Streaming Media Players to be only ones certified to play Netflix HD video:
                                • Apple TV
                                • Google Chromecast
                                • Roku
                                • Amazon Fire TV
                                • Google Nexus Player
                                • NVIDIA Shield

There’s also initial reports from CNX-Software that the new WeTek Core will be able to play Netflix HD video, but not 4K as of yet.
                                If you’re looking for your favorite Android TV box on the Netflix HD Android TV list, don’t bother. Android TV boxes like the MINIX NEO U1 or Zidoo X1 don’t run the official Android TV OS, so Netflix doesn’t consider them in that category either.

They actually get lumped in to the tablet category, more often than not.

This article is from 2015, and sadly not much has changed. The Mi box from Walmart is an official box, with official Android TV and full HD support from netflix, but not 4k with surround sound.

https://devices.netflix.com/en/ hass the official list of supported boxes from netflix.

And if you don't see your device pictured here, https://www.android.com/tv/ then it is NOT an official box, and it is nothing more than a hack job, as literally almost every single one of the Chinese boxes are.

I hope this gives you the guidance and the answers you are looking for.
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X