No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the moment i updated to kodi 17 official from play store when i am watching a film is freezing randomly in the movie!!! I hadn't this problem before. I am full updated and i have disabled any video acceleration. I completely removed kodi from my system and i installed it again clear. It worked fine for 3 days but now the problem again is here. I only use as addons exodus, indigo, alivegr, sportsdevil.

Comment

Kodi 17 is not for this box since they removed amlcodec. Fyi,stop using that crap addon indigo.
      Replace kodi with spmc.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
        Kodi 17 is not for this box since they removed amlcodec. Fyi,stop using that crap addon indigo.
        Replace kodi with spmc.
        Second this. Please stop using Kodi. Use SPMC or FTMC. Kodi is NOT designed for Android. In fact, the Kodi Group would love to drop all support for android. It's why Koying left and restarted SPMC development. Please stop using Kodi.

Comment

Although I don't like the default estuary skin (installed confluence) I've had no issues with Krypton on my S9xx devices.

But yeah, SPMC seems to be the way for android boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post
            From the moment i updated to kodi 17 official from play store when i am watching a film is freezing randomly in the movie!!! I hadn't this problem before. I am full updated and i have disabled any video acceleration. I completely removed kodi from my system and i installed it again clear. It worked fine for 3 days but now the problem again is here. I only use as addons exodus, indigo, alivegr, sportsdevil.
            I've also observed problems playing certain streams. However, that stream had issues playing on Kodi 17 in general. I observed the same problem on Windows 10 running on Intel.
            Additionally, i downloaded the video from that same stream and played locally on Windows. It played without any problems.
            I've yet to test that downloaded video on this box.

Update:
            The downloaded video file played fine on Android too.

Only when it tried to play the stream, it had problems on v17

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
              Replace kodi with spmc.
              Ok i'll try the spmc and i'll stop using indigo. Thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately i have the same "pause-freeze" when streaming a video. I don't know what else to do. I am desperate...my last hope is to add a google dns and try again.

Comment

Unfortunately i have the same "pause-freeze" when streaming a video. I don't know what else to do. I am desperate...my last hope is to add a google dns and try again.
                  Hello.
                  Have you tried with these settings on SPMC ?

Comment

Originally posted by LostEchoes View Post

Hello.
                    Have you tried with these settings on SPMC ?

Thanks. I will give it a try. by the way I just installed Google DNS and the same problem is happening again. I will try those settings and let you know. otherwise I will do factory settings to my box.

Comment

No mate. Again the same result. After 30 minutes of streaming it starts to freeze. I choosed factory settings and i am gonna install everything from the beginning. Can't think anything else.
                      Also i noticed from other boxes that i ordered for my friends that they have rom version 109 and my box has 106. Where can i find the version 109 and install it??
                      Last edited by soulfunkdjx; 02-23-2017, 19:26.

Comment

No mate. Again the same result. After 30 minutes of streaming it starts to freeze. I choosed factory settings and i am gonna install everything from the beginning. Can't think anything else.
                        Also i noticed from other boxes that i ordered for my friends that they have rom version 109 and my box has 106. Where can i find the version 109 and install it??
                        The best rom you could install would me Xannytech's custom rom:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ustom-t3513805

Here is his latest version: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=398

You may also find the latest stock rom (named as Vontar Mini M8S II at the russian forum):

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry56157206 ( to flash through the SD card - Recovery )

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry55979641 ( to flash with Amlogic USB Burning Tool )
                        Last edited by LostEchoes; 02-24-2017, 04:20.

Comment

Thank you man. I will do the sd card - recovery method. I hope i can do that with the original recovery or i need a custom recovery?

Comment

Thank you man. I will do the sd card - recovery method. I hope i can do that with the original recovery or i need a custom recovery?
                            You won't need the original. The Xannytech will install TWRP and setup a recovery partition for you. But if you do find you need the original, I am pretty sure it is readily available in the forums.

Comment

So i choosed factory settings and i installed the spmc. Untill now i have watched 3 episodes of fringe tv series and i didn't got any freeze. It seems to be working great now. So i'll leave the flashing procedure for this time. Thanks for your proposition about spmc. Is better and is faster......much faster!!!!!

Comment

my play store is having trouble updating itself, i see two apps in the app section, one is google play store, one is play store(around1 mb), google play store is showing the latest version but when I launch it, it shows me the accept playstore terms page and when I go to settings, the version is 6.9. if I disable "play store" app, trying to launch google play store gives an incompatible version message. If i uninstall updates on "google play store" then it launches before it auto updates itself and says it's incompatible. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
                                Last edited by toomuchtv2; 02-27-2017, 12:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X