No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm struggling with how to get WiFi working on my a95x, the WiFi never turned on in stock, I installed xannytech hoping it would fix it. It didn't. I copied across the files in op for ap6330, but still did not work. What other drivers are there not included that I might need? I read an earlier post about ap6212 and ap6212A? Is there anyway to find out?

Comment

I hear the wifi reception is bad, but the lan connection should not have any problems ? I am thinking about ordering this device.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534 View Post
        Hi, I'm struggling with how to get WiFi working on my a95x, the WiFi never turned on in stock, I installed xannytech hoping it would fix it. It didn't. I copied across the files in op for ap6330, but still did not work. What other drivers are there not included that I might need? I read an earlier post about ap6212 and ap6212A? Is there anyway to find out?
        I think this s a hardware problem if is not working on different roms.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534 View Post
          If your wifi never turned on in stock, then it most likely is broken. The wifi reception on the a95x is horrible anyways, and all these boxes should be hardwired, unless you do kodiloaded's wifi hack.

Comment

As some of you know, these S905X boxes have a brightness issue where it starts relatively dark, then goes brighter when you play a 4K video. I think I read that ROM developers simply incorporate a 4K video in the splash screen as a 'fix', until amlogic decides to finally fix it officially.

Anyway, is there anything on youtube that also causes this brightness change? Because as far as I'm aware, this box does not have an option to play 4k in youtube (maxes out at 1080p/60).

The reason I ask is because I experience this brightness change, even though I don't have or play ANY 4K content on my box, and therefore obviously I'm not viewing any 4K content to trigger this brightness change. I only use this box for streaming SPMC, youtube and chrome.

I would rather just keep my box outputting the darker picture, because I know that a simple setting on my TV can compensate for it (changing the RGB mode). It's kind of annoying when my box just randomly outputs a brighter picture that is not caused by a 4k video.

And yes, I have disabled amcodec in SPMC for anyone that was wondering.

Comment

Hello. I have a new M8s II 4k 2/16.
              The sound works ok, in system (youtube...etc) and kodi, but when I try to play a local video file with VLC (or another video player) I have no sound. Video it's ok. If I try to play with kodi player it works. Can you help me please ?

Comment

When I play movies in the Kodi app for Android TV it seems to be darker than usual. Especially in dark scenes.
                Is there still no fix for this issue?

Comment

The 'fix' is to play a 4k video. This will change the RGB mode from 0-255 to 16-235. In layman's terms, it will look brighter.

There are custom roms in the firmware section that have this 'fix' built into the splash screen, so every time you boot-up the box, it will automatically set it brighter.

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
                    You need old file "remote.conf" from T95N /system/etc/remote.conf
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solving the problem with the "black screen" (black shadows or low brightness)
                    Thank you "crazzian"

1. Download the archive https://yadi.sk/d/94s27z7L33Uxuf
                    Select any video file!
                    2. Rename the video file in the "bootvideo", the extension does not specify (empty file extension).
                    3. Copy to Folder
                    \ System \ etc \

We confirm the replacement (if necessary, who is there before you can rename the file).
                    3. Expose the permissions 644 (rw-r - r--), if they are different.
                    4. In the file
                    \ System \ build.prop

Modifies the parameter to 1
                    service.bootvideo = 1

5. Reboot.
                    Hello my friends,

I made the above procedure exactly as it described . but now my box is bricked. It starts and it stacks at the beginning of the video file i choosed .
                    On the screen of my TV you can see only this

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170316_102538.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	636350

Now what can i do to revert to my previous fase? I have the 13.10.16 official rom and also a copy of the build.prop file. Is it possible to overwrite the changed built.prop with "original" one.
                    (By the way i will go to buy an A to A USB cable and i'm waiting for your help...

Comment

Can someone help me with installing xposed, i need fake wifi for some apps, and i jist cant install it

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question - has anybody come across a way to recover this Mini M8S II box from a hard brick? All was well with my box until a couple of days ago and it just started acting up so I decided to wipe it and start from scratch - flashed the original android firmware using the USB Burning Tool and all went well, it finished 100% but now the box is totally dead, the red light comes on in the optical port and no blue led power light. I've tried everything from a SD card recover to flashing again with the USB Burning Tool but to no avail. Has anybody any idea if the NAND short pins trick will work with this box?

Thanks guys !!

Comment

Shorting nan should work if you have correct firmware. Never the best solution but it works to bring life back to the dead.
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi scooter2014 , I definitely have the correct firmware, I just don't know which pins to short on the nand? Can you help me with that? I've searched and searched the internet and can find nothing on this Mini M8S II box !!

Thanks .

Comment

Photo of the nan close up and clear please.
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hopefully these will help you
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X