Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frans View Post

Hi Kuno, as far as I know I use the latest firmware that came with the player. See the attached photo.
    Oh so you're using stock firmware. It still find that weird. If you are comfortable with flashing the firmware I would suggest trying it, as it might be a sleep bug in the stock firmware. Replacing the firmware will let you know if it is hardware or software. If not, keep the box on as they only use 5 watts of power, so leaving it on all the time does not cost you a lot of money. It will cost you roughly 1 US cent a day if your power is $0.20 USD a killawatt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post

Have you checked to make sure you have it enabled in the android settings, outside of SPMC? It usually defaults to HDMI or PCM. Go to settings, sounds, digital sounds and switch it to spdif. You may also need the passthrough fix. It's included with Xannytech's firmware, and most of the other replacement firmwares as passthrough support on stock is borked on the majority of these boxes. I can't seem to quickly find the passthroughfix apk, I am sorry.

Are you running...shudder...stock firmware? I have quite a few of these working with no problems, but they all use Xannytech's awesome work.

The other thing you can do if you don't want to run Android is you can put Libre Elec on an SD card and boot to it and it will work perfectly.
      Thanks for your reply. I was too slow getting back to the pc to delete my post. I found that selecting IEC passthrough instead of raw works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Joffa View Post

Thanks for your reply. I was too slow getting back to the pc to delete my post. I found that selecting IEC passthrough instead of raw works for me.
        Thank you for getting back. That is fantastic news that you were able to resolve it. But you still didn't answer if you were using stock or not haha

Comment

Originally posted by credinho View Post

So, still no solution at all for this problem right? Only that LibreElec one? I need to also have android..

I was searching around and found this information on tihs tipoc: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...roid-tv/page14

Since they say this new version has the RGB fix should the problem be solved with this? As anyone tried it?

And by the way, If I wont be able to find a solution for this problem I'm probably buying a new box, since I can't change my tv right now. I road that this problem happens with the S905, S905X and also with the S912 precessors, is thar correct? Would you guys suggest some other box at the same price range that I could buy to replace this one?
          Thank you
          Anyone?

Comment

Thanks, Kuno for your help. No i think I'm going to return it and get a Beelink. Updating the firmware shouldn't be a problem, but I get constanty errors saying that it can't load the media(of a Fat32 SD card). Then there is the Xannytech alternative, but in that case you'll have to find out what Wifi-chip you have. A tv-box should work right out of the box and have decent OTA-updates. So, this one goes back.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
              Thanks, Kuno for your help. No i think I'm going to return it and get a Beelink. Updating the firmware shouldn't be a problem, but I get constanty errors saying that it can't load the media(of a Fat32 SD card). Then there is the Xannytech alternative, but in that case you'll have to find out what Wifi-chip you have. A tv-box should work right out of the box and have decent OTA-updates. So, this one goes back.
              You will be very happy with the Beelink Mini M8S II. The Xannytech Firmware is amazeballs. He's done a lot of work to perfect that firmware.

Comment

Anyone?

They report that it fixes the issues you having with old Phillips/Sony TV's.
                http://www.tvboxforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1325 <-- this is the link to the actual page with the firmware and it is reported to work 100% with the A95X. Tvboxforums does mainly A95X and this firmware is from Superceleron. The link to download it from mega is in the thread, or you could find the link in the firmware thread on here.

Comment

Hello everyone. So, is there any good solution for wifi? Even with good wifi signal, speed is pretty bad, 2mbps max and even that is unstable. The box is running 20170207 build. Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post

They report that it fixes the issues you having with old Phillips/Sony TV's.
                    http://www.tvboxforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1325 <-- this is the link to the actual page with the firmware and it is reported to work 100% with the A95X. Tvboxforums does mainly A95X and this firmware is from Superceleron. The link to download it from mega is in the thread, or you could find the link in the firmware thread on here.
                    Thank you a lot Kuno for replying. But they are talking about other box right? Will that firmware version also work in mini m8s II?

Comment

Thank you a lot Kuno for replying. But they are talking about other box right? Will that firmware version also work in mini m8s II?
                      The firmware is for the Mini M8S II. But it is an Android tv firmware.

Comment

I have 2 M8S II (8GB and 16GB) and I have seen that google Play Store says It has the latest version (6 something), so it does not update to version 7. I have downloaded several 7 versions of the Play Store apk, but when I try to install them I get en error. I also tried to put those apks in the right folder and give them permissions but it didn't work.

Would you have any clue on how to update google Play Store from version 6 to version 7?

Thanks

Comment

Hi. Ive got new box from my friend. The problem is, after putting to sleep an wake up not keeping settings. I try Nova but without effects. After new start also i find program what i uninstall. Rom 109. Any ideas guys ? Please help .

Comment

Anyone using the megabox firmware and having issues with the on-screen keyboard in chrome not popping up for search boxes? It pops up for everything else, including the address bar in chrome. But search boxes don't seem to make it appear.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                              Anyone using the megabox firmware and having issues with the on-screen keyboard in chrome not popping up for search boxes? It pops up for everything else, including the address bar in chrome. But search boxes don't seem to make it appear.
                              I have the same problem and it seems related to all web pages with a search box, the onscreen keyboard does not activate. It seems to have happened with the last chrome update, I've reverted back to the previous version of chrome which is behaving normally for the keyboard when clicking a search box.

I don't know if google are aware of this but can't understand how they released this chrome version which has this serious bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Comeandgetme View Post

I have the same problem and it seems related to all web pages with a search box, the onscreen keyboard does not activate. It seems to have happened with the last chrome update, I've reverted back to the previous version of chrome which is behaving normally for the keyboard when clicking a search box.

I don't know if google are aware of this but can't understand how they released this chrome version which has this serious bug.
                                Thanks. I wonder if it happens on other firmwares though. I use chrome on my phone as well but I don't have the same problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X