Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rahzel View Post

Thanks. I wonder if it happens on other firmwares though. I use chrome on my phone as well but I don't have the same problem.
    Same for me, it's working on my Samsung phone properly. Maybe it's something to do with the touch screen, I don't really know.

It's a shame because Chrome is now probably not functioning properly on most TV boxes and will probably never be fixed as they do not receive updates or the firmware developers will say that it is for google to fix. Also a pity that chrome is now the default browser in newer firmwares and it is stuck on the home screen layout so cannot be removed and this glaring malfunctioning apk is now sitting there knowingly malfunctioning and unused.

Just for info, the beta version of chrome was working with the keyboard coming up (dev version was not) but today's update of chrome beta appears to have broken that functioning now and the keyboard when clicking in the search box of a web page does not come up anymore.

For me on my chinese android boxes, the last version of chrome working with the onscreen keyboard coming up and working when clicking in a web page search box is 57.0.2987.132, I guess I will be stuck there now.

Fortunately there are other browsers which can be used and are working.properly with the search box.

Comment

First android box i have. I choose this one. What should i do when i recive the item? Plug and play or install costom roms etc? Can you give me a tuturial?

Comment

Hello and Welcome to Freaktab,

When you receive your Box I would first Test it and Play with it.
        After that yes you can Install a Custom Rom to the Device.
        I think we have a Custom Rom for that Box here in the Forum.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
          Hello and Welcome to Freaktab,

When you receive your Box I would first Test it and Play with it.
          After that yes you can Install a Custom Rom to the Device.
          I think we have a Custom Rom for that Box here in the Forum.

Neomode
          Where i can find that roms?

Comment

Originally posted by Comeandgetme View Post

Same for me, it's working on my Samsung phone properly. Maybe it's something to do with the touch screen, I don't really know.

It's a shame because Chrome is now probably not functioning properly on most TV boxes and will probably never be fixed as they do not receive updates or the firmware developers will say that it is for google to fix. Also a pity that chrome is now the default browser in newer firmwares and it is stuck on the home screen layout so cannot be removed and this glaring malfunctioning apk is now sitting there knowingly malfunctioning and unused.

Just for info, the beta version of chrome was working with the keyboard coming up (dev version was not) but today's update of chrome beta appears to have broken that functioning now and the keyboard when clicking in the search box of a web page does not come up anymore.

For me on my chinese android boxes, the last version of chrome working with the onscreen keyboard coming up and working when clicking in a web page search box is 57.0.2987.132, I guess I will be stuck there now.

Fortunately there are other browsers which can be used and are working.properly with the search box.
            I found a workaround to get the keyboard to popup. If you click on the search box, click the home button, then open the browser again, the keyboard will popup. Not ideal but it works. Plus I don't use my box to browse much.

Originally posted by tatsuya_kobayashi View Post

Where i can find that roms?
            Here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-roms-tools-bx

Xannytech's ROM seems to be the most popular. Personally I just wanted a somewhat stable 'stock' firmware, so I use this one: https://yadi.sk/d/17XGQt7C3GND9p

Flash using this program: https://yadi.sk/d/YjihWsFJvCv9h

Flash instructions using burning tool here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-flashing-roms

Comment

The chrome issue is not present in most custom firmware. Least ive never seen it.
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

[QUOTE=rahzel;n649740]

I found a workaround to get the keyboard to popup. If you click on the search box, click the home button, then open the browser again, the keyboard will popup. Not ideal but it works. Plus I don't use my box to browse much.

Thanks that works but is a little bothersome. I'll stick with the older chrome browser.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post

Xannytech's ROM seems to be the most popular. Personally I just wanted a somewhat stable 'stock' firmware, so I use this one: https://yadi.sk/d/17XGQt7C3GND9p

Flash using this program: https://yadi.sk/d/YjihWsFJvCv9h

Flash instructions using burning tool here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-flashing-roms
                  How do you install rv112 ?

Comment

Using the program and instructions I linked to in that post.

Comment

I tried with an sd card and the rv9 firmware. I download the program i did it like the guide says. I inserted the sd card into the m8s mini II I turned it on but nothing happened. Then I turned it off I put a pin in the reset hole and pressed the on/off button with the sd card inside, it showed the Google splash screen but then went off. And from then on nothing. I can't turn the machine on. There is no sign there is no blue led that shows that it is on nothing. What can I do now?? Please help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by geornirv View Post
                        I tried with an sd card and the rv9 firmware. I download the program i did it like the guide says. I inserted the sd card into the m8s mini II I turned it on but nothing happened. Then I turned it off I put a pin in the reset hole and pressed the on/off button with the sd card inside, it showed the Google splash screen but then went off. And from then on nothing. I can't turn the machine on. There is no sign there is no blue led that shows that it is on nothing. What can I do now?? Please help!!!
                        Wait, what? You did follow the instructions that I linked to in my post, right? (the instructions I posted in post 2 of that thread that I linked to).

I don't think you did, because nowhere do I say you need an SD card. You need a PC, a USB male-to-male cable (to connect the box to your PC), USB Burning Tool, and the firmware in .img format. Everything you need is listed in my post above.

Also, you asked about rv112, but flashed to rv109? Which firmware did you attempt to flash?
                        There are basically two different methods of flashing this box, one requires an .img file (USB Burning Tool method). The other method requires a zip containing 3 files (.aml, update.zip, recovery file etc.,) and can be updated through the update/backup app. Just put the 3 files on a USB/SD Card, launch the update/backup app, locate the update.zip file and it should reboot and update.

Comment

I didn't have a usb male to male so I tried to do it with an sd card and the sd bookmaker program. Now the machine doesn't turn on at all and no blue power led. What can I do to revive it? Could you help please?

Comment

Which firmware did you try to flash? Link us to the exact firmware.
                            Also, are you sure you have the M8S Mini II? There is an M8S Mini that has an S905 (not S905X).

All I can recommend is to make sure you're downloading the correct firmware in .img format (like this one), follow THESE instructions and try again. If that doesn't work out for you, you might want to try getting a USB cable (they can be found for cheap online, on **** etc.,) and try flashing the .img file using the USB Burning Tool (the instructions that described in post 2 of the thread I linked to above).

If those don't work, unfortunately I'm unable to help you. There may be a way to unbrick your box by shorting pins, but that's out of my knowledge.

When flashing firmwares, you need to be absolute sure about everything before proceeding.

Comment

Hello all, I'm new here and I have a problem with my mini m8s II box
                              I have rv112 firmware installed on it and I use an Rii mx3-m remote with it and the problem is that when I want to scroll down or up a page on some apps (like chrome), the mouse select texts ... it doesnt scroll
                              If you understand me then help please thanx

Comment

Hi Chaps,
                                First post but ive read this thread all the way thought and i want to check im not mistaken.
                                From what ive read the Vontar Mini M8+ is the same as the mini m8 ii . I have the same chipset S905X.
                                So whats best to try firmware wise? Can i upgrade as seen in this thread?
                                Picture of spec is this

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X