Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nmou99 View Post
    Hello all, I'm new here and I have a problem with my mini m8s II box
    I have rv112 firmware installed on it and I use an Rii mx3-m remote with it and the problem is that when I want to scroll down or up a page on some apps (like chrome), the mouse select texts ... it doesnt scroll
    If you understand me then help please thanx
    No one ?

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
      Which firmware did you try to flash? Link us to the exact firmware.
      Also, are you sure you have the M8S Mini II? There is an M8S Mini that has an S905 (not S905X).

All I can recommend is to make sure you're downloading the correct firmware in .img format (like this one), follow THESE instructions and try again. If that doesn't work out for you, you might want to try getting a USB cable (they can be found for cheap online, on **** etc.,) and try flashing the .img file using the USB Burning Tool (the instructions that described in post 2 of the thread I linked to above).

If those don't work, unfortunately I'm unable to help you. There may be a way to unbrick your box by shorting pins, but that's out of my knowledge.

When flashing firmwares, you need to be absolute sure about everything before proceeding.
      Ok. I DID IT !!!!!!!!! I bought a usb male to male and I revive the box. With the sd card it didn't work.
      Thanks a lot mate !!!! Is this firmware that you linked me, stock or custom ?? I mean the rv112 from the above link. If yes what is the difference ?

Comment

Originally posted by geornirv View Post

Ok. I DID IT !!!!!!!!! I bought a usb male to male and I revive the box. With the sd card it didn't work.
        Thanks a lot mate !!!! Is this firmware that you linked me, stock or custom ?? I mean the rv112 from the above link. If yes what is the difference ?
        Great, glad you were able to un-brick it.

I'm not sure if this is considered official, but I think it's basically the stock rom with a few fixes and settings added by megabox. As far as I can tell, the only fix that I've noticed is they added a high-res splash screen as a workaround to a brightness issue that these boxes have. In technical terms, it plays what I think is a 4K video as the splash screen to trigger the box to change the output brightness range from 0-255 full range to 16-235 limited range. Most owners use this box on a TV, and not all TVs support full range, so the image looked too dark for many people. The workaround was to manually play a 4K video file, but the splash screen basically does it for you.

They added a few settings, but nothing major IIRC. Or at least nothing that I cared about.

Comment

Hi guys. My box arrived today. It keeps restarting. i can't even move through menu. I think it can be solved with factor reset but I can't reach the settings. Is there another way?

Comment

Don't worry. What box do you have? If mini m8s II , then go quickly to settings and switch off the setting for HDMI cec

Comment

Originally posted by geornirv View Post
              Don't worry. What box do you have? If mini m8s II , then go quickly to settings and switch off the setting for HDMI cec
              I can't move through the settings. Gor stuck and then it restarts. I can't do nothing.

Edit - with the mouse i have 3 secound untill it restarts.

Comment

I could not reach hdmi cec but i could get the reset. I didi it with "erase everything" option. Hope this have solved it.

Loading ...
                No Internet Connection

Comment

Originally posted by tatsuya_kobayashi View Post
                  I could not reach hdmi cec but i could get the reset. I didi it with "erase everything" option. Hope this have solved it.

Loading ...
                  No Internet Connection

Not solved. It's even worst. Now it restarts and is not even fill my whole tv. Can anyone help me?

Comment

Originally posted by nmou99 View Post

Hello all, I'm new here and I have a problem with my mini m8s II box
                    I have rv112 firmware installed on it and I use an Rii mx3-m remote with it and the problem is that when I want to scroll down or up a page on some apps (like chrome), the mouse select texts ... it doesnt scroll
                    If you understand me then help please thanx
                    Still no one ???

Comment

Not solved. It's even worst. Now it restarts and is not even fill my whole tv. Can anyone help me?
                      New update. I saw a little hole in the back of box and i insert a pin ther. IT starts the android mode and i do an wipe cache and factory reset. The it loads and found a new update. It's installing the update and no restarts in the last 5 minutes. Fingers crossed

Comment

Do you have a different TV or HDMI cable to try?
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Do you have a different TV or HDMI cable to try?
                          Yes i do but i didn't think that could be the problem. It's installing the update now. If the problem continues i'll try that. What about the black bars? It wont fit the total image.

Comment

Yes i do but i didn't think that could be the problem. It's installing the update now. If the problem continues i'll try that. What about the black bars? It wont fit the total image.
                            There is a setting that you can adjust the video position.
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

There is a setting that you can adjust the video position.
                              All good. Just install android 6.x.x. All working fine. Now i'm just using mini m8s II like this but is there any rom you guys recommend? With new kodi version?

Comment

All good. Just install android 6.x.x. All working fine. Now i'm just using mini m8s II like this but is there any rom you guys recommend? With new kodi version?
                                For tinkering purposes, if you have a spare microSD card, you can run different OS's on you box and not affect your original Android. Here is a video on how to use your box for different things, including Linux. You box makes a great LibreELEC media player.

Get the burning tool from here: http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-amlogic-usb-burning-tool-v2-0-8.htmlAndroid TV ROM for this box:http://freaktab.com/f...

Tutorial on how to install Ubuntu onto and inexpensive Android TV box. By running Ubuntu on this box, you can use it as a Linux computer or Plex, Emby and t...

This is the instructions for installing the Emby server onto the $40 Android box running Ubuntu 16.04. Just go to the website and select the Ubuntu download...

Comment

Working...
                                X