X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimon
    replied
    Originally posted by lallo89 View Post

but to use usb burning tool, the tvbox must be power up...this is the problem....Mine not give sign of life
    It should get powered via USB-OTG once connected so it's definitely the best approach to try, short of shorting the pins

Leave a comment:

• lallo89
    replied
    Originally posted by rahzel View Post
    Try using USB Burning Tool. You can get a USB type-a male/male cable online for cheap.
    but to use usb burning tool, the tvbox must be power up...this is the problem....Mine not give sign of life

Leave a comment:

• rahzel
    replied
    Originally posted by lallo89 View Post
    after have flashed v115 with Amlogic Burn Card Maker my tvbox won't power up....even the blue light doesn't power up

any ideas and solution? thanks
    Try using USB Burning Tool. You can get a USB type-a male/male cable online for cheap.

Leave a comment:

• lallo89
    replied
    after have flashed v115 with Amlogic Burn Card Maker my tvbox won't power up....even the blue light doesn't power up

any ideas and solution? thanks

Leave a comment:

• rahzel
    replied
    Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post

How exactly did you install the new play store?
    Nothing special. I downloaded the latest version from apkmirror (8.1.73) and installed it with apkinstaller.

Leave a comment:

• soulfunkdjx
    replied
    Sorry I didn't see your message. Yes you can download it from that link that etoy posted.

I haven't had poor wifi on these boxes since like v106 or even earlier... wifi has been fixed a long time ago. There are some boxes that simply have poor wifi performance and the firmware will only help a bit.

I have switched back to v115. v112 has its own set of issues. Play store doesn't update, and the onscreen keyboard doesn't work half the time in chrome. v115 doesn't include the latest play store, but I managed to install the latest from apkmirror. And the keyboard works 100% of the time.

The only issue with v115 is the brightness problem I mentioned earlier.

BTW, there hasn't been a flashable img version of v115 until I found member AZW post it here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...inim8sii_rv115

This way you don't need twrp.
    How exactly did you install the new play store?

Leave a comment:

• rahzel
    replied
    Sorry I didn't see your message. Yes you can download it from that link that etoy posted.

I haven't had poor wifi on these boxes since like v106 or even earlier... wifi has been fixed a long time ago. There are some boxes that simply have poor wifi performance and the firmware will only help a bit.

I have switched back to v115. v112 has its own set of issues. Play store doesn't update, and the onscreen keyboard doesn't work half the time in chrome. v115 doesn't include the latest play store, but I managed to install the latest from apkmirror. And the keyboard works 100% of the time.

The only issue with v115 is the brightness problem I mentioned earlier.

BTW, there hasn't been a flashable img version of v115 until I found member AZW post it here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...inim8sii_rv115

This way you don't need twrp.

Leave a comment:

• etoy
    replied
    Originally posted by rwayboy View Post

Hey buddy. Can I please have a link for megabox v112 firmware? I searched for it and I couldn't find it. Also, is slow wifi fixed on that firmware? Thanks.
    hi, it should be the one posted here

Leave a comment:

• rwayboy
    replied
    Got some time to update to v115, and while I like the new interface, v115 unfortunately has the same brightness issue as v109 and older. Picture starts out darker (Full/PC 0-255) then once a 4k video is played, the brightness increases (Limited/TV16-235). That is a deal breaker for me, so I'm going back to Megabox's v112. Megabox has a 4K bootup screen which automatically changes the brightness level so it won't change after playing a 4K video.

Also, Playstore is a newer version, but it's still not the latest version.
    Hey buddy. Can I please have a link for megabox v112 firmware? I searched for it and I couldn't find it. Also, is slow wifi fixed on that firmware? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• soulfunkdjx
    replied
    Also they have taken out the default internet browser which I love.

Leave a comment:

• rahzel
    replied
    Got some time to update to v115, and while I like the new interface, v115 unfortunately has the same brightness issue as v109 and older. Picture starts out darker (Full/PC 0-255) then once a 4k video is played, the brightness increases (Limited/TV16-235). That is a deal breaker for me, so I'm going back to Megabox's v112. Megabox has a 4K bootup screen which automatically changes the brightness level so it won't change after playing a 4K video.

Also, Playstore is a newer version, but it's still not the latest version.
    Last edited by rahzel; 08-04-2017, 18:11.

Leave a comment:

• soulfunkdjx
    replied
    Ok guys I updated my box to 115.
    For the people who have problems, I used the link from post #868
    and the procedure from #872.
    The link from post #874 didn't work for me.

Edit: Also checked play store and is updated too. So everything is ok now.
    Last edited by soulfunkdjx; 08-02-2017, 14:54.

Leave a comment:

• soulfunkdjx
    replied
    Which is the link and the procedure to follow?
    Is the same as posts #879 & #880???

Leave a comment:

• AZW
    replied
    Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post

Can we install it on every version of this box because I read that this model has 2 versions.
    yes, there are 2 versions, but they have same firmware, it's compatible.

Leave a comment:

• soulfunkdjx
    replied
    Originally posted by AZW View Post
    the latest version of MINI M8S II box is 115
    Can we install it on every version of this box because I read that this model has 2 versions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X