No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot for your replies, guys. So, from what I understand, there's actually something wrong with the update, right? So, there's nothing I can do atm?

Btw, trying to factory reset it in the Recovery gives the same error so the issue could be with the Recovery.

Comment

Well yes looks like it, Green man falls over dead here,
      There was a previous update few days ago I had troubles but finally went in.

This one no happy at all,
      Just wait, like all things it will happen.
      Cheers

Looking at on screen error, expects a fingerprint Blah, Blah, 20160706 or Blah, Blah, 20160719, but this device has yadda yadda, 20160704,
      well looks like to me that's a bit of an issue, Hmmm
      Last edited by trebor; 07-21-2016, 22:18.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

dastinger.. advancesettings wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettin...twork_settings Section 2.8.3 has the settings that I alluded to. Specifically, buffermode and readbufferfactor..
        Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

I can confirm that the latest update doesn't work . Funny this thing update couldn't even download it over wifi (so slow) so I connected it to ethernet. Then it downloaded super fast over ethernet but fails when it tries to update.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
            Well yes looks like it, Green man falls over dead here,
            There was a previous update few days ago I had troubles but finally went in.

This one no happy at all,
            Just wait, like all things it will happen.
            Cheers

Looking at on screen error, expects a fingerprint Blah, Blah, 20160706 or Blah, Blah, 20160719, but this device has yadda yadda, 20160704,
            well looks like to me that's a bit of an issue, Hmmm
            That's weird because I'm pretty sure I had 20160706 when it first failed. I was hyped to see such a big update that mentioned stability/performance...oh well, guess I need to wait.

Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
            dastinger.. advancesettings wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettin...twork_settings Section 2.8.3 has the settings that I alluded to. Specifically, buffermode and readbufferfactor..
            Thank you, will definitely take a look at that!

Comment

I also was on update 06, Post here show the OTA used.
              I guess attempting to put in this current 19 it did evil, and reset the system.
              If someone has the 06 update still and can share, can try again or wait easy.
              Cheers.
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Is there anyone we can contact about this? Maybe GearBest? The faster they become aware of the issue, the faster they might fix it.

Comment

On to it, as with the time zone difference, they will be just getting ready to start/open call you what you will,
                  Dare say it will take the rep a bit of time to get the information onto the next person etc,
                  Thing don't happen quickly, it will happen.
                  Cheers
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

hello..what are the differences between this box and the larger sized M8S...or are all M8s' the mini? seeing that the wifi isn't much to talk about with the mini..possibly the larger m8s has better wifi performance? thanks all
                    Last edited by kansasjayhawk32; 07-22-2016, 22:11.

Comment

dastinger... Last response. Here is a program from kinkin that walks you through creating and maintaining advancesettings.xml right withing Kodi. All that you will need.

Comment

dastinger.. kinkin has written a program that maintains advancedsettings.xml within Kodi. It appears that the Freaktab lords do not allow URL'S for tvaddons to be included in posts, so do a search on advancedsettings.xml+kinkin and you will find the plugin download there.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                          That firmware update fixed my slow WIFI problems!! The device still has some problems with certain x265 10bit profiles but overall I'm happy now. Glad to see that they are working on things

Comment

Thanks a lot trebor!

Now, if only it fixed DD/DTS passthrough. It's driving me nuts but I think the issue might be with Kodi. Anyone's got a solution?

@cjeman

I tried editing the buffer type and size but it didn't help. Audio passthrough is still an issue. Everything's fine on MX Player.

Comment

Originally posted by dastinger View Post
                              Thanks a lot trebor!
                              Now, if only it fixed DD/DTS passthrough. It's driving me nuts but I think the issue might be with Kodi. Anyone's got a solution?
                              Did you try http://spmc.semperpax.com/ ? SPMC is the only version I was able to get passthough working with on my other boxes. SPMC is the only maintained android version of Kodi after koyong left.

Comment

Working...
                              X