No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have no joy with my Mini M8S II tv box, I'm just wondering does anybody here have a link to the firmware file for this box that I could use with the USB Burning Tool, (full IMG file, not an update) the one that is listed in this forum is for the SD card method, I have been searching high and low on the Internet but to no avail. Hoping somebody can help me !! Thanks.

Comment

kalebroc... searching for this as well. post if found..will do the same. sent pm as well

* side question. what rom is stable and suggested.

Comment

kansasjayhawk32 - I have finally got on to the supplier that I purchased this tv box from and she says she has a firmware for it. Once I get this from her I will let you know and try to post it here for you. This supplier is very slow to respond so I can't give an ETA on when I will receive the firmware !! In the meantime if I find anything else I will let you know.

Comment

Someone else gets a purple screen with the box?

Comment

kalebroc - Regarding: pre-rooted images or even IMG files instead of ZIP files (I inquired about both)... You will have to wait, the manufacturer doesn't have anything ready yet...

Originally posted by Gearbest
            We are sorry that we are unable to send the rooted items. We get the original unrooted items from manufacturer. We hope for your understanding.
            Sorry, we are unable to meet your need at the moment. However, we will contact the supplier to improve it in future.
            Maybe a similar box receives root earlier and those images can be used as an interim solution to flash a modified version of the current stock version.
            I have root access over ADB for the system partition but that's about it, so it's not much fun right now...
            Someone would expect they would have more flexible images at this point, but I guess the chinese clocks are ticking still a bit different. ^^

I was able to flash an old signed ZIP (with KitKat root files) via stock recovery but I guess it won't be successful when I try it with an updated custom ZIP that works on SDK 23 devices...
            (The only reason I flashed it was to see if the recovery would accept a "random" zip file)

@k
            ansasjayhawk32 - There's only the version you already know posted by trebor. You won't see other (custom) ROMs in the near future, give it some time...

edit:
            Able to "update" the recovery but full TWRP still fails, now I'm working with a slightly modified stock recovery, systemless root still not possible, SuperSU can now unzip via sbin but chooses to use 'system mode' and nothing happens.
            Last edited by BingoBronson; 07-28-2016, 21:19.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJones View Post
              Someone else gets a purple screen with the box?

I do get the purple screen (see the picture). I have been doing some research and I found out that it is pretty common in Android Boxes connected to (relatively) old HD-TVs (especially Philips, like my TV...). It happens, as far as I understand it, because Android Boxes use YUV color output, while TVs are expecting RGB input. It has been known to happen in MXQ Pro, and it was fixed by the manufacturer, who added an option called "Force RGB output".

However, although it'd be awesome if this was fixed in an update, I don't think it's going to happen (I hope I'm wrong!). In any case, I believe I may have found the solution to this problem. But it requires slightly modifying some system files, and for that we need root access. Maybe we'll get root access in a future update? I hope it arrives soon, cause it's pretty annoying...

In the meantime, switching to another HDMI channel and back seems to reset the colors back to normal for a while.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

solitron Damn, that sucks

Comment

Originally posted by solitron View Post
                  But it requires slightly modifying some system files, and for that we need root access
                  Which modifications we need to do?

Comment

Which modifications we need to do?

Basically we need to find the file where RGB option is and change it from '0' to '1'. As to which files, I'm not sure, because I think files can differ from one box to another. I'm not an expert in rooting or anything, I'm just learning as I go. So, when we get root access I'll keep researching, but this is what I found somewhere else in Freaktab:

"There is solution (partial) for pink screen problem on old Philips and Sony TVs....on MXQ PRO+

1) First you need latest SD-ROBOTS firmware.
                    2) Go to settings/more settings/display and turn on force RGB
                    3) Display turns to pink - then change input on Tv to some other hdmi input - and then go back...........screen should be back normal.

This fixes pink screen problem until you turn off or reboot your box. Then you must repeat the process.

The setting for "force RGB" is stored in "/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/rgb_mode" and should be 1.
                    I tried with ES File explorer to change some attributes to read only, but file is overwritten every time system boots.

Maybe Neomode could help to fix last problem, how to permanently store this setting".

SOURCE: http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...ownload/page15

I also found how to permanently store the setting from Zidoo X6 PRO forum:

"I found a way to automatically switch the HDMI color-mode to 1 (RGB-mode) at start-up.
                    I added a line at the end of the file /system/bin/smb.sh
                    echo mode=1> /sys/class/display/HDMI/color
                    Maybe is not really the proper place to put this line in, but it works fine.
                    This way you get in fact a defualt value for color".

SOURCE: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thre...-problem.1023/

Can't wait to get root, I hope we can solve this! It's the only problem, apart from that I'm really happy with the Mini M8S II.

EDIT: Added second quote.

Comment

Would it help to use a HDMI to RGB cable?

Comment

BingoBronson
                        Thank you for the information, I guess I'll just have to wait to see if my box will ever be able to be brought back to life. I'll still look around and if I come across anymore info I'll post it here !!

Comment

Would it help to use a HDMI to RGB cable?

I don't know, but my guess is that it would. However, I wouldn't want to sacrifice HD quality, personally. I don't have an HDMI-RGB cable anyway. So, if you try it, let us know the results.

Comment

Originally posted by solitron View Post

I do get the purple screen (see the picture). I have been doing some research and I found out that it is pretty common in Android Boxes connected to (relatively) old HD-TVs (especially Philips, like my TV...). It happens, as far as I understand it, because Android Boxes use YUV color output, while TVs are expecting RGB input. It has been known to happen in MXQ Pro, and it was fixed by the manufacturer, who added an option called "Force RGB output".

However, although it'd be awesome if this was fixed in an update, I don't think it's going to happen (I hope I'm wrong!). In any case, I believe I may have found the solution to this problem. But it requires slightly modifying some system files, and for that we need root access. Maybe we'll get root access in a future update? I hope it arrives soon, cause it's pretty annoying...

In the meantime, switching to another HDMI channel and back seems to reset the colors back to normal for a while.

already passed on this problem to the manufacturer and hope they can provide one solution.

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
                            #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

Originally posted by gearbest View Post

already passed on this problem to the manufacturer and hope they can provide one solution.

That's awesome, thank you!

Comment

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB
                                Some have made mentioned of a problem with Language change to Japanese when set to Spanish

Regarding the language problem. the manufacturer provided one solution.

Please visit Original Post for download

Cheers
                                treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X