No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Kodi not supporting all the different chipsets. They tell manufactures to meet thier API. Amilogic seems to be responding to that and working towards that. Rockchip not so much.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

so amlogic the best at the moment

also got issue of box turning on itself how do i stop this?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJones View Post
        Does it still have purple screen on older TVs?
        With the August 5th update, yup, it's still there.

Comment

I have been able to uncover the bottom task bar by dragging the right mouse button up under Nova Launcher. Sometimes launches desktop setup, but works under OTA update 0805. Installed SoftKey Enabler and found out that it needs root. After killing it, I was bale to right drag to uncover the menu. Not sure if it allowed it or if it was there before. Anyhow, I can now hide/unhide it.

Updated Kodi via Play Store to standard 16.1 and have had zero issues with audio. DTS and AC5 pose no problem. Good device for UHD.
          I am pretty pleased, but we have to get these guys rooted.
          Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Already rooted and working....
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
              Updated Kodi via Play Store to standard 16.1 and have had zero issues with audio.
              Same here ... but the biggest issue i have with Kodi, is the "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" or "Auto Frame Rate Switching" does not work.

And yes, Root would be great ... so i can use my Sixaxis Controller App

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                Already rooted and working....
                Please share!? (You don't mean that crappy TX5 firmware do you?)

Comment

Originally posted by atvbca View Post

Please share!? (You don't mean that crappy TX5 firmware do you?)
                  Which is the best firmware for s905x
                  Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Comment

The "OK" button on the remote doesn't work for me. I know the actual button works, because I can point the remote at a camera and I can see the IR LED blink when I press the "OK" button. But the M8S II doesn't do anything when I press it.
                      MXQ / M8S+ / MXIII-Plus / Mini MX / Mini MXIII / T95 / Mini M8S II / R68 / V88 / GT1

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post

Same here ... but the biggest issue i have with Kodi, is the "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" or "Auto Frame Rate Switching" does not work.

And yes, Root would be great ... so i can use my Sixaxis Controller App
                        Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to resolve this issue ?
                        Kodi playback with Adjust Display Refresh Rate on is much better. I tryed 2 box android (m8s II and beelink minixiii) but Adjust Display Refresh Rate don't work

Comment

I finally got the factory firmware.img file for this box from the manufacturer. The only problem is that the system partition size is limited to 1024MB so I can't add my addon pack because of this limit.

In the AML Customization Tool, on the Base Info tab, the partition names and sizes are corrupted. Is there another way to edit the system partition size limit?

Here's the full firmware.img for the Mini M8S II S905X: https://mega.nz/#!zIgkkBRK!71kyxftMC...pY4saQKb79dJ7o

Comment

Originally posted by atvbca View Post
                            I finally got the factory firmware.img file for this box from the manufacturer. The only problem is that the system partition size is limited to 1024MB so I can't add my addon pack because of this limit.

In the AML Customization Tool, on the Base Info tab, the partition names and sizes are corrupted. Is there another way to edit the system partition size limit?

Here's the full firmware.img for the Mini M8S II S905X: https://mega.nz/#!zIgkkBRK!71kyxftMC...pY4saQKb79dJ7o
                            Remove the existing kodi img and remove any unwanted apps. You will have to modify the system partition sizes by hand
                            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

Remove the existing kodi img and remove any unwanted apps. You will have to modify the system partition sizes by hand
                              I've already removed the kodi addons archive and all unwanted apps but there's still not enough room for my addon pack.

How do I modify the system partition size by hand?
                              Last edited by atvbca; 08-25-2016, 06:03.

Comment

For those that are just looking for a Kodi solution with working HD Audio Passthrough, check this Libreelec post: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-11....html#pid10251

Comment

Working...
                                X