Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atvbca View Post
    Here's the full firmware.img for the Mini M8S II S905X: https://mega.nz/#!zIgkkBRK!71kyxftMC...pY4saQKb79dJ7o
    After downloading a file I can't open it in a Burning Tool. Somebody succeed to open it?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by der_PUPPI View Post
      After downloading a file I can't open it in a Burning Tool. Somebody succeed to open it?
      Yes it works fine for me using the latest USB Burning Tool v2.0.8.

Comment

Hi I am facing an issue.
        I want to do a clean kodi install on this streamer with no success.
        Every time for some reason the addons and setting are copied back automatically to the kodi folder.
        any suggestion?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Shlompid View Post
          Every time for some reason the addons and setting are copied back automatically to the kodi folder. Any suggestions?
          The reason: the addon gets installed via shell script (command included in one of the init*.rc files in the boot image).

Another script is responsible for all other preinstalled apps.That shell script is in the 'bin' folder.
          The compressed addon file (addons.tar) is in the 'media' folder.
          The preinstalled apps (Fish Game, Kodi, Netflix, Youtube) are also in the 'media' folder (preinstallapps.tar).

You can either root your box properly with the intructions from prahjister or just remove the addon / preinstall / script file(s) via ADB root and leave your box unrooted.
          Last edited by BingoBronson; 08-27-2016, 13:25.

Comment

Hey guys,

Got back from vacation and I was sad to see audio passthrough still has issues but happy to see a fully working LE build that has audio passthrough working flawlessly.

Even though I'm new to Android boxes, I managed to boot from the SD card but I was thinking about flashing the build into the NAND. What if I want to get back to Android 6.0.1 and reflash it into the NAND? Is writing the img atvbca posted to an SD card and booting with the toothpick enough or do I need anything else?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

hi,
              is possible to remove the custom launcher and restore the default android 6.0 launcher on this box?

thanks!!

Comment

No unless u repack with it included.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dastinger View Post
                  Hey guys,

Got back from vacation and I was sad to see audio passthrough still has issues but happy to see a fully working LE build that has audio passthrough working flawlessly.

Even though I'm new to Android boxes, I managed to boot from the SD card but I was thinking about flashing the build into the NAND. What if I want to get back to Android 6.0.1 and reflash it into the NAND? Is writing the img atvbca posted to an SD card and booting with the toothpick enough or do I need anything else?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                  You will need a USB Type A Male to Type A Male cable to flash the image I posted using the USB_Burning_Tool (get v2.0.8). This will completely wipe out anything you installed on the NAND and you'll be back to Android Marshmallow.

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by atvbca View Post

You will need a USB Type A Male to Type A Male cable to flash the image I posted using the USB_Burning_Tool (get v2.0.8). This will completely wipe out anything you installed on the NAND and you'll be back to Android Marshmallow.
                      Hi mate, can you send me the link for the burning tool v2.0.8 please? Am only seeing v2.0.7.2 when i search the internet. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post

Hi mate, can you send me the link for the burning tool v2.0.8 please? Am only seeing v2.0.7.2 when i search the internet. Thanks.
                        There you go,Uninstall v2.0.7.2 first then install v2.0.8

USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.8_x86.rar

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
                        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post

There you go,Uninstall v2.0.7.2 first then install v2.0.8

USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.8_x86.rar

https://mega.nz/#!U4UTBbjI!lMc7Co-dz...RWYRYtK7-wg0nk
                          Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BingoBronson View Post

The reason: the addon gets installed via shell script (command included in one of the init*.rc files in the boot image).

Another script is responsible for all other preinstalled apps.That shell script is in the 'bin' folder.
                            The compressed addon file (addons.tar) is in the 'media' folder.
                            The preinstalled apps (Fish Game, Kodi, Netflix, Youtube) are also in the 'media' folder (preinstallapps.tar).

You can either root your box properly with the intructions from prahjister or just remove the addon / preinstall / script file(s) via ADB root and leave your box unrooted.
                            Could you please elaborate on the ADB commands needed to remove the kodi add on scripts. Thanks in advance for your help and time. It very much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post

Could you please elaborate on the ADB commands needed to remove the kodi add on scripts. Thanks in advance for your help and time. It very much appreciated
                              This should do the trick, just be careful using rm -rf on /system! If you remove certain files that the OS depends on you might have to reflash.

Code:
                              adb root;
                              adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system;
                              adb shell rm -rf /system/bin/xbmc_addons.sh
                              adb shell mount -o remount,ro /system;
                              If the above mount fails try this instead:

Code:
                              adb root;
                              adb shell su -c "mount -o remount,rw /system;
                              adb shell rm -rf /system/bin/xbmc_addons.sh
                              adb shell su -c "mount -o remount,ro /system;

Comment

Hi, I have a MniM8S and it is equipped with android 5.1.1. I have a problem: it works fine but, precisely every hour it disconnects from the network and the only way to make it work again is to switch off the device and switch on again. After this operation it works fine again and after one hour.......Someone has the same problem? Someone knows how to fix it?

Comment

Working...
                                X