No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He just posted fix have you tried it?? Try it and post results issues there.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hmmmmm maybe tell pharjister that so maybe he use different bass?
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I have purchased quite a few android TV boxes, and I think that this whole brightness issue is due to the fact that all of these boxes don't output the same RGB range. Some output RGB Limited (16-235, where 16 is black and 235 is white), and some output RGB Full (0-255, where 0 is black and 255 is white). If the TV is not setup properly to match the levels the box is outputting, then it will either be too dark, or it will look washed out.

Most modern flat panels support both RGB modes, but the average person doesn't know about it. On my experience with these brands, these are what the RGB range setting is labeled as:

Samsung: HDMI Black Level: Normal (RGB Full) / Low (RGB Limited)
        LG: Black Level: High (RGB Full / Low (RGB Limited)
        Panasonic: HDMI/DVI RGB Range: Nonstandard (RGB Full) / Standard (RGB Limited)
        Vizio TVs adjust this automatically based on input.

Never had a Sharp or Sony but I believe it's called Black Level on Sharp TVs and Dynamic Range on Sonys.

Prior to pharjister's most recent update, I did try his modded firmware on my MiniM8S II and from what I experienced, the box outputs RGB Full range (0-255) until you play a video in Kodi, in which the box switches to RGB Limited until you reset the box. But again, he recently posted a new version that he says fixes the brightness issue.

For help on how to set your display's RGB range properly, look here (scroll down to Full/Limited RGB): http://ca.rtings.com/tv/learn/how-to-calibrate-your-tv

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
          no.... only:
          - add ROOT
          - Fixed ENTER key on the external (USB) keyboard

Do it yourself:
          1. Install rv103_20160805 with ROOT
          2. open the file (or any other .sh) /system/bin/preinstall.sh
          add a line to the end
          echo 1 >/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/rgb_mode
          Unfortunately rgb_mode does not exist in this box... I am going through the system folders trying to find something similar, but nothing yet. Does anyone know which file should be modified in order to force RGB output through HDMI?

Comment

Firmware 20160806 with ROOT: https://yadi.sk/d/BRnDqEVWvPYjP
            from tv box Tanix TX5, full compatibility with Mini M8S II

- ROOT
            - without navigation bar

Set using "Amlogic USB Burning Tool" and cable USB A Male - A Male.
            In the program "Amlogic USB Burning Tool" press the start button.
            Press the RESET button at the TV box, and plug the cable USB A Male - A Male.

Comment

greeting, if someone can help ... I have this TV box and functioned normally one month, now misery turn it on I is reset every half minute, has anyone a solution for this problem ??? thanks

Comment

merci
                vldim

Comment

Originally posted by leganini View Post
                  greeting, if someone can help ... I have this TV box and functioned normally one month, now misery turn it on I is reset every half minute, has anyone a solution for this problem ??? thanks
                  i flash new firmware and now it is ok

Comment

Bonjour,si j'ai bien compris pour flasher le firmware root il faut appuyer sur le reset en dessous de la box ? le petit trou ?
                    desolé car je viens d'une mxq 4k qui avait le reset dans la prise jack
                    aucun soucis à flasher cette derniere version ?
                    merci

Comment

vldim salut I apologize for my friend. Roma has nothing mini m8s. the only change and bluetooth is that there is more beyond update tx5 su update. Korean language
                      returns after every reboot.
                      Last edited by totor54; 09-21-2016, 04:56.

Comment

I have same problem witm my MiniM8S and my TV Sony Bravia... color is mising... Please Help... How I can fix it.
                        Thanks in advance.

Comment

hello,
                          this is the problem that i meet this boxtv- with integrated video player but no worries with kodi or SPMC problem with some H265 10-bit file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtn8Kg-xIW0

an idea of the problem ?

Comment

Essaie with MX Player Pro NEON 1 8 4 AC3
                            j'ai celui ci installateur Faut aller un paremetre apres l' installation
                            MX Player Pro 1 8 4 20160125 AC3 tente avec MX Player Pro 1.8 NEON 1 AC3
                            installer celui - ci doit aller à la mxplayer de paremetre après Installation
                            MX Player Pro 1 8 4 20160125 AC3

お探しのページが見つかりませんでした!
                            Last edited by totor54; 09-21-2016, 15:02.

Comment

same problem
                              with any version of kodi / ftmc / smpc with other mx ok
                              but with the original player it works too

Comment

Tanix TX5 latest firmware(20160812) which is compatible with Mini M8s II
                                Root+Navigation bar+cec option on/off

First, you need to flash TX5 firmware 20160806 img with USB burning tool
                                http://www.mediafire.com/download/nn...0160806.img%20

then SD upgrade to 20160812.zip
                                http://www.mediafire.com/download/32...2hl/TX5_SD.rar

Comment

Working...
                                X