Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by professeur83 View Post
    hello,
    this is the problem that i meet this boxtv- with integrated video player but no worries with kodi or SPMC problem with some H265 10-bit file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtn8Kg-xIW0

an idea of the problem ?
    for the reading problem of some H265 encoding this comes as no firmware option amcodec in Kodi ! similar problem here with another box s905x

Comment

Hello,

I tried connecting the device with a male to male usb cable to a windows 10 pc and nothing happened. I changed the usb cable (in case the cable had problem) and again nothing happened (no device detected).
      I want to connect the device to a windows 10 pc in order to give some adb commands (removing the kodi script) or to change firmware using Amlogic USB Burning Tool.
      Am I missing something?
      Could you please help me?

Comment

Hi, Today I received a parcel and i have a issue with Mini M8S II.
        First power up I seen on TV for a two seconds big text Google TV after that TV says no signal...I think that device won't boot up - power is on, blue led on, but on TV is no signal... I tried HDMI cable from package and another two cables HDMI, and diffrents HDMI ports on TV, and still nothing

Any ideas ?

Comment

Originally posted by cd6057 View Post
          Hi, Today I received a parcel and i have a issue with Mini M8S II.
          First power up I seen on TV for a two seconds big text Google TV after that TV says no signal...I think that device won't boot up - power is on, blue led on, but on TV is no signal... I tried HDMI cable from package and another two cables HDMI, and diffrents HDMI ports on TV, and still nothing

Any ideas ?
          Just a possible I had this issue with connecting mine to a HDMI monitor which worked ok once. I believe the issue is that the screen must support 1080p 100% - my old BenQ fired up the very first time with this box, but upon restart, it appears it wasn't booting. Plugged the box into a Samsung TV which is a little more modern (like 5 years more) and no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by cachepc View Post

Just a possible I had this issue with connecting mine to a HDMI monitor which worked ok once. I believe the issue is that the screen must support 1080p 100% - my old BenQ fired up the very first time with this box, but upon restart, it appears it wasn't booting. Plugged the box into a Samsung TV which is a little more modern (like 5 years more) and no problem.
            Hi , my TV supports 4K problem is still open

Comment

Hello guys. I need some help here. I just bought this device and is really awesome. Wifi is really fast, Kodi is playing great without lags and everything seems to be working just fine.
              I came to me with installed update 20160719. Yesterday it came an update 20160805 but when i am trying to update it online it stucks on reboot screen. User scooter2014 tried to help me via pm's saying to download the update and then to choose option "update later". After that go to file browser and find the update and copy it to your root of sdcard or the download folder. And after that download without the online option. I did all these and i choose to update, then it took me to recovery and i choosed update from ext (because the update.zip was on my usb stick). It started to updating and in the middle showed me an error. Everytime this is what's happening. Even if i reboot my box, again the same. I tried to update it by copying the update.zip in boxe's storage and i eject the usc stick but from the recovery it says it is only for reading and cannot mount. It's like something locked. I want to update and i can't. Anyone else can help me please?

Comment

eh eh !! new maj which corrects a lot of problem and root the beast automatic current installation

Comment

Hi all,

I have recieved this box a few days ago... Been having a major issues with it since I got it.

Have contacted Gearbest for support aswell but wanted to see if anyone here could help me out.

Biggest issue is that I see no updates for the Mini M8s2 when I try OTA update on device.

I read on another forum that they are at ROM version 105... mine is at 102... date of my build is july 19 2016.

Is there a way for me to get the update files online from a website?.. I can't rely on OTA update as I have tried multiple times at different places but it always says my box is up to date.

My box switches to japanese language almost each time I reboot or turn on.. sometimes it stays english,,

My LG remote turns on the device when I don't want it to (every time I press the OK button on my remote).. weird issue...

I am sure the latest updates have fixed all these issues but I am stuck at july 2016 update version 102.

please help.

thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by skrimaging View Post
                    Hi all,

I have recieved this box a few days ago... Been having a major issues with it since I got it.

Have contacted Gearbest for support aswell but wanted to see if anyone here could help me out.

Biggest issue is that I see no updates for the Mini M8s2 when I try OTA update on device.

I read on another forum that they are at ROM version 105... mine is at 102... date of my build is july 19 2016.

Is there a way for me to get the update files online from a website?.. I can't rely on OTA update as I have tried multiple times at different places but it always says my box is up to date.

My box switches to japanese language almost each time I reboot or turn on.. sometimes it stays english

My LG remote turns on the device when I don't want it to (every time I press the OK button on my remote).. weird issue...

I am sure the latest updates have fixed all these issues but I am stuck at july 2016 update version 102.

please help.

thanks in advance.

Welcome to the world of cheap crappy Chinese mostly unsupported tv boxes although this mini m8sii seems to be one of the recent better ones.

I could suggest,

1st: verify and make sure that your box is a mini m8sii, check the parameters in android box settings and through one of the many apps from google play store.
                    2nd: reset the box to factory default settings and then try the update, better to have a connection through stable LAN.
                    3rd: if the above does not work, you can download the latest firmware from one of the links on this forum and flash the rom through your PC, read instructions how to dothis if you have not done it before to avoid bricking your new Tv box.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Comment

Released update OTA 20160923

- Fix can not clear Kodi data/adons issue
                      - Optimize Wi-Fi
                      - Root device
                      - add on/off HDMI CEC function

162MB

Important: If the tv-box is rebooted every 15 seconds - disable function HDMI CEC
                      Last edited by vldim; 09-24-2016, 18:05.

Comment

Does this mean that you can clear Kodi data and install a clean version with the bloat?

Looks promising but I'm scared to update because 20160903 broke WiFi and my box is running fine with 20160805.

For anyone running this new firmware, have you tested the WiFi performance?

Comment

Performance Wi-Fi has become better. More stable..

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
                            Released update OTA 20160923

- Fix can not clear Kodi data/adons issue
                            - Optimize Wi-Fi
                            - Root device
                            - add on/off HDMI CEC function

162MB
                            Hello everyone
                            I write because I do not know how to solve this problem, yesterday I upgraded mini m8s II to the firmware of the September 23, after this date the box does not start more.
                            I tried to flash the firmware of 05.08.2016 but it always fails.
                            Help me if you can find the new rom September. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by pietrofav View Post
                              I write because I do not know how to solve this problem, yesterday I upgraded mini m8s II to the firmware of the September 23, after this date the box does not start more.
                              you run the update from the TV-box in an SD card....
                              The SD card must be removed.
                              1. Now you need to install the firmware 05.08 using Amlogic USB Burning Tool.

Set using "Amlogic USB Burning Tool" and cable USB A Male - A Male.
                              In the program "Amlogic USB Burning Tool" press the start button.
                              Press the RESET button at the TV box, and plug the cable USB A Male - A Male.

2. Then upgraded OTA to 03.09 .... Then 23.09
                              The SD card must be removed!

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
                                you run the update from the TV-box in an SD card....
                                The SD card must be removed.
                                1. Now you need to install the firmware 05.08 using Amlogic USB Burning Tool.

Set using "Amlogic USB Burning Tool" and cable USB A Male - A Male.
                                In the program "Amlogic USB Burning Tool" press the start button.
                                Press the RESET button at the TV box, and plug the cable USB A Male - A Male.

2. Then upgraded OTA to 03.09 .... Then 23.09
                                The SD card must be removed!
                                I buy the cable and let you know ..
                                thank you so much

Comment

Working...
                                X