Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post

Yes thats the one. I simply put the 'non pro' to differentiate it from the Tanix TX5 Pro
    Thank u very much. Gonna give it a try. Feedback in a bit.

Comment

The only download for the Tanix TX5 is dated 2016909, not 2016923, is this the one you are referring to?

Hey guys, Glad to share the PC&SD Upgrade Firmware for Tanix  Amlogic S905X Series Uploaded on 20161216 Tanix TX5 Pro  Tanix TX5 Pro with 6255 wifi chip  PC Upgrade Download Link  Tanix TX5 Pro with 9377 wifi chip  PC Upgrade Download Link  Please check the SN Code at the bottom of the device, 77 represents 9377, P5 represents 6255 Uploaded on 20161012 Tanix TX3 […]
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I had to upgrade through microSD card.

The robot thing appeared. What should i do now? "Wipe cache and data" and then "upgrade from EXT"?

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          The only download for the Tanix TX5 is dated 2016909, not 2016923, is this the one you are referring to?

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160809/
          Check again, the 24/9/16 is right there right on top of the 08/09/16

Comment

Originally posted by allinasecond View Post
            I had to upgrade through microSD card.

The robot thing appeared. What should i do now? "Wipe cache and data" and then "upgrade from EXT"?
            which version are you flashing? the 08/09/16 firmware version has both the pc upgrade and sd card upgrade option, while the 24/09/16 firmware version has only the pc option,...for now.

Comment

Check again, the 24/9/16 is right there right on top of the 08/09/16
              Maybe my eyesight is not very good. Under the "Glad to share the PC&SD Upgrade Firmware for Tanix Amlogic S905X Series

Upload on 20160924", the files are dated 2016909.img. I must be missing something, are you sure there is a file 2016923??? I can't find it.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

which version are you flashing? the 08/09/16 firmware version has both the pc upgrade and sd card upgrade option, while the 24/09/16 firmware version has only the pc option,...for now.
                damn... i don't have a male-male cable.

Comment

damn... i don't have a male-male cable.
                  Just make a cable with some of your spare cables. I have those USB cables coming out my ears, and I am sure you do to.

Comment

Originally posted by xkhanhs View Post

I have the same error. After update 23 September, it's restarting itself after 10-15s. I only attached my wireless mouse on that box. Is this a problem?
                    disable function HDMI CEC

Comment

Just make a cable with some of your spare cables. I have those USB cables coming out my ears, and I am sure you do to.
                      I have those to charge phones, micro USB...

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post

disable HDMI CEC
                        omg... problem solved... :/

Comment

Hi,

I just registered because my mini m8s ii after the update of 23/sept keeps rebooting itself every 10/15 seconds.

I now see that the update screwed a lot of people. Is there any solution already available? Anyway I leave my GearBest ticket support here.

"Hi,

My mini m8s ii android box keeps repeatedly restarting/rebooting itself after 15/20 seconds which makes it unusable and what prevents me to even make a factory reset because there is no time to reach that option.

I never installed any 3rd party software, only using Kodi which had already been installed by you.

I noticed this only happened after the update (23 september) that the box asked me to do.

Is this a normal issue with this box? It's fixable? What am I supposed to do now? Ask for the refund?

Please help me ASAP I really need the box to work until Monday,

Pedro Marinho."

the first thing to do before flashing another firmware is to do a hard reset and see if it works.

Comment

I have those to charge phones, micro USB...
                            But they should have a regular USB connector on the other end. Just cut the micro connector off so you have 2 standard USB cable ends. remove the outer plastic sheathing (usually black) and you will see the conductors. Just strip the plastic off the copper conductors on each cable, then twist the copper conductors together, matching the color. After your twist the conductors together, cover them with tape, electrical tape is the best, but with only 5 volts, even masking or cellophane tape will work.

Comment

Maybe my eyesight is not very good. Under the "Glad to share the PC&SD Upgrade Firmware for Tanix Amlogic S905X Series

Upload on 20160924", the files are dated 2016909.img. I must be missing something, are you sure there is a file 2016923??? I can't find it.
                              Yes you are right, the latest is 09/09/16, but it was uploaded to geekbuying website today 24th, hence the confusion.

Comment

Hi,

I just registered because my mini m8s ii after the update of 23/sept keeps rebooting itself every 10/15 seconds.

I now see that the update screwed a lot of people. Is there any solution already available? Anyway I leave my GearBest ticket support here.

"Hi,

My mini m8s ii android box keeps repeatedly restarting/rebooting itself after 15/20 seconds which makes it unusable and what prevents me to even make a factory reset because there is no time to reach that option.

I never installed any 3rd party software, only using Kodi which had already been installed by you.

I noticed this only happened after the update (23 september) that the box asked me to do.

Is this a normal issue with this box? It's fixable? What am I supposed to do now? Ask for the refund?

Please help me ASAP I really need the box to work until Monday,

Pedro Marinho."
                                I Had the same problem:
                                I performed a factory reset, but the problem was still there.
                                I resolved turning off the HDMI CEC!
                                SInce then no more reboot issues.

But i'm experiencing some problem with the WI-FI, that in the previous firmware i didn't have. When connect both to ethernet and wifi (for using the remote from my phone), the wifi sometimes forget to remain connected. I also had same "laziness" with miracast, while with the past firmware no issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X