Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post

Yes you are right, the latest is 09/09/16, but it was uploaded to geekbuying website today 24th, hence the confusion.
    Thank you sweetnonso, I was going nuts, looking for the 09/023/2016 firmware.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Until now for me the 0923 update it was working great. But the wifi always losing connection and automatically connection again after some seconds. Any ideas? Do i have to do a factory setting options?

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post
        Until now for me the 0923 update it was working great. But the wifi always losing connection and automatically connection again after some seconds. Any ideas? Do i have to do a factory setting options?
        I did a factory reset right after the firmware upgrade, save your time, it won't solve the wifi connection problem

Comment

Originally posted by Comeandgetme View Post

Welcome to the world of cheap crappy Chinese mostly unsupported tv boxes although this mini m8sii seems to be one of the recent better ones.

I could suggest,

1st: verify and make sure that your box is a mini m8sii, check the parameters in android box settings and through one of the many apps from google play store.
          2nd: reset the box to factory default settings and then try the update, better to have a connection through stable LAN.
          3rd: if the above does not work, you can download the latest firmware from one of the links on this forum and flash the rom through your PC, read instructions how to dothis if you have not done it before to avoid bricking your new Tv box.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
          I read that some people have flashed firmware using some Tanix firmware (seems they can do it with an SD card instead of connecting to PC).... is that advisable? is there any way to switch back to the current firmware once I have flashed to Tanix (If I ever choose to do so)?

sorry for all these questions.. first time I am using an Android tv box.

thanks for the quick reply to my first post by the way

Comment

Originally posted by lostheway View Post

I did a factory reset right after the firmware upgrade, save your time, it won't solve the wifi connection problem
            You meaning you had the same problem and after a factory reset nothing fixed? Very strange...

Comment

Originally posted by skrimaging View Post
              is there any way to switch back to the current firmware once I have flashed to Tanix (If I ever choose to do so)?
              09.09.2016 Tanix TX5, rooted using Amlogic USB Burning Tool.

come back to the current firmware... you need to install the current firmware 05.08 using Amlogic USB Burning Tool.

Set using "Amlogic USB Burning Tool" and cable USB A Male - A Male.
              In the program "Amlogic USB Burning Tool" press the start button.
              Press the RESET button at the TV box, and plug the cable USB A Male - A Male.

Then upgraded OTA to 03.09 .... Then 23.09
              The SD card must be removed!

Comment

Sorry guys my bad. In the end the box is working just fine. Also wifi is working very good and stable. It was my router's fault that i was losing connection because the same was happening also to my pc and my mobile phone. So everything is ok and 0923 update rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
                  Performance Wi-Fi has become better. More stable..
                  Originally posted by lostheway View Post

Sorry guys my bad. In the end the box is working just fine. Also wifi is working very good and stable. It was my router's fault that i was losing connection because the same was happening also to my pc and my mobile phone. So everything is ok and 0923 update rocks!!!
                  Ok some kind of mixed results here. I'm still kind of worried to update since WiFi performance on 0805 is not great but OK, and 0903's WiFi performance was terrible for me..

lostheway, are you still having issues with WiFi?

Comment

rahzel i have it online over 3 hous now and is working great. Now i'll watch some episodes of FRINGE TV series and i'll tell you tomorrow how it went. Ok?

Comment

Were you able to run a speedtest with 0805 and compare it to 0923? With 0805, I get close to my rated bandwidth on ookla/speedtest, but with 0903, my speed maxes out at ~7Mbps, which is like 1/3 of my speed.

Comment

Look both updates had the same results. I didn't have any problems with my internet. Just noticed that is a bit faster with 0923. But the speed with ookla is the same in both updates.

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post

disable function HDMI CEC
                          Thank you so much!!! It's worked. hahahaha

Comment

Welp, back to 0805 for me. 0923 has some nice additions like root access, the ability to install a clean version of kodi, better wifi performance (compared to 0903); however I experienced some bugs, mainly with Kodi. First, when I launch a video in Kodi, the brightness is increased, leading me to believe that the RGB Range switches from RGB Full (0-255) to RGB Limited (16-235). The older modded TX5 firmware had the same issue which I believe was fixed. Once this happens, the RGB range changes for the box until you reboot it.

The second issue I have is whenever I close Kodi back to the home screen, I get an Unfortunately Kodi has stopped working message every time.

edit: Going back to 0805 has caused my wifi performance to drop big time. Now I'm stuck between poor wifi performance (0805) or broken Kodi (0923). The manufacturer for this box fixes things but breaks others with their software updates. I appreciate the timely updates, but jeez.
                            Last edited by rahzel; 09-25-2016, 08:38.

Comment

lostheway, are you still having issues with WiFi?[/QUOTE]

Hey rahzel, Yeah i've issues with wifi when ethernet is plugged. From time to time the wifi loose the connection, and it turn itself off, so i've to reactivate and reconnect. Also: if already connected to the ethernet, i've to remove the ethernet cable, then connecting to wifi, otherwise the connection's attempt always fail.

Besides this, the wifi signal is good and the overall performance are quite good, but for me that i use ethernet and i just need the wifi for controlling the box with my phone through RemoteIME, it's a huge stepback from the previous firmware.

Comment

Just wonder if there is any repository where all firmwares are stored? If some tells me I don't my mind upload it to my mega account and share with you all.

Sent from my Letv X500 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X