Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
    Welp, back to 0805 for me. 0923 has some nice additions like root access, the ability to install a clean version of kodi, better wifi performance (compared to 0903); however I experienced some bugs, mainly with Kodi. First, when I launch a video in Kodi, the brightness is increased, leading me to believe that the RGB Range switches from RGB Full (0-255) to RGB Limited (16-235). The older modded TX5 firmware had the same issue which I believe was fixed. Once this happens, the RGB range changes for the box until you reboot it.

The second issue I have is whenever I close Kodi back to the home screen, I get an Unfortunately Kodi has stopped working message every time.

edit: Going back to 0805 has caused my wifi performance to drop big time. Now I'm stuck between poor wifi performance (0805) or broken Kodi (0923). The manufacturer for this box fixes things but breaks others with their software updates. I appreciate the timely updates, but jeez.
    After watching 3 movies and 2 tv series episodes kodi is working great and wifi is really fast (but in speedtest app evertime shows me 0mbit download speed, strange huh?Probably is application's false, i'll try another one). Rahzel after updating your box to the latest update try factory reset. This could solve your problems.

Comment

Is there a way to mount samba shares or install PLEX MEDIA SERVER to this box?

Comment

Also want to know how to watch live streaming sports when the link says sopcast. I choosed it and it download an addon. But from there nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post
          Also want to know how to watch live streaming sports when the link says sopcast. I choosed it and it download an addon. But from there nothing...
          SopCast for Android

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post

After watching 3 movies and 2 tv series episodes kodi is working great and wifi is really fast (but in speedtest app evertime shows me 0mbit download speed, strange huh?Probably is application's false, i'll try another one). Rahzel after updating your box to the latest update try factory reset. This could solve your problems.
            Tried a factory reset... still have the same issue. Even if I use SPMC I have the same issue. Brightness goes higher when I launch a video (1080p stream if that makes a difference) and it stays bright until I reboot the box. Then brightness levels drop back down, until I watch another video. Also when the brightness goes up, I get an error whenever I exit Kodi/SPMC.

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
              Yes i know that. Maybe is my fault i didn't explained it good enough. This all is when i use kodi. Otherwise i know how to do it from my internet browser.

Comment

Hi ! Everytime i reboot the Android TV i got it back to Korean...does it happened to anyone? If so...how can it be solved? Thanks!

SOLVED: Saw in a website to switch off HDMI CEC. Tried it and worked for me
                Last edited by txapi1978; 09-25-2016, 16:31.

Comment

The second issue I have is whenever I close Kodi back to the home screen, I get an Unfortunately Kodi has stopped working message every time.
                  I've same message...SPMC, DroidBox.

Comment

I think the error is related to the brightness issue that I'm experiencing. The error only displays when the brightness changes.

Crappy thing is I can't contact the manufacturer. Should I try contacting gearbest?

Comment

I think the error is related to the brightness issue that I'm experiencing. The error only displays when the brightness changes.

Crappy thing is I can't contact the manufacturer. Should I try contacting gearbest?
                      Please write again when exactly you have the brightness problem. I wanna see if i have the same problem too.

Comment

If you're not getting an error message, you might not actually be experiencing this issue. But to see it more clearly, I would recommend being in a dark room.

Ok first power down your box and turn it on again. Take note of how the picture looks... black levels, dark shades etc. Then in Kodi, play a 1080p stream. As soon as the video starts playing, you may or may not be able to see the black levels increase to a grey color, or dark shades will appear lighter and the overall picture will look a little more washed out. Once this happens, the box outputs this increased brightness everywhere, even outside of Kodi, until you power down and power up your box again. Also when this happens, whenever I close Kodi, I get an error saying it has unfortunately stopped.

Again, what I think is happening is when I play a 1080p stream in Kodi, the RGB color range is changing from 0-255 (what the box outputs normally) where 0 is black and 255 is white, to RGB limited 16-235 where 16 is black and 235 is white. My TV has an RGB range toggle and if I change my TV to match the box's RGB Limited range (16-235) it looks normal. Rebooting the box resets it back to RGB Full range 0-255.

I had the same issue with the modified TX5 ROM when I tried it on my M8SMini II but I think the ROM developer (prahjister) fixed it.
                        Last edited by rahzel; 09-25-2016, 22:22.

Comment

Originally posted by skrimaging View Post

I read that some people have flashed firmware using some Tanix firmware (seems they can do it with an SD card instead of connecting to PC).... is that advisable? is there any way to switch back to the current firmware once I have flashed to Tanix (If I ever choose to do so)?

sorry for all these questions.. first time I am using an Android tv box.

thanks for the quick reply to my first post by the way
                          From what I read the tanix TX5 (not pro) firmware works on the mini m8sii box.

I have not flashed any amlogic firmwares yet but would advise when changing between flashing roms of diff devices, would use the hardware cable connection method to my PC.

The Tanix TX5 firmware seems to be a bit behind the mini M8sii firmware but they seem to be interchangeable (same wifi card from what I read) so you could flash tanix TX5 and try it and then flash back to the mini m8sii firmware.

There has recently been an update for the mini m8 m8sii to firmware 105 which most importantly for me to use an adblock/adaway the device is now rooted.

Comment

I'm using the latest firmware update (20160923) on my Mini M8SII device and I'm facing again the language issue. The firmware is deployed in Chinese which I changed immediately to English. The problem is that during the configuration of the box (adding google account and installing some apps) , the language changed back to Chinese.

I rebooted the box and changed again the language to English. 5-10 minutes later it was back to Chinese. Is anyone facing the same issue? Seems the same issue the occurred with the July firmware.....

Comment

ok

Last edited by totor54; 09-26-2016, 13:14.

Comment

Originally posted by bumperboy View Post
                                I'm using the latest firmware update (20160923) on my Mini M8SII device and I'm facing again the language issue. The firmware is deployed in Chinese which I changed immediately to English. The problem is that during the configuration of the box (adding google account and installing some apps) , the language changed back to Chinese.

I rebooted the box and changed again the language to English. 5-10 minutes later it was back to Chinese. Is anyone facing the same issue? Seems the same issue the occurred with the July firmware.....
                                Switch off HDMI SEC from settings

Comment

Working...
                                X