No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here uses a logitech harmony to control their M8S MINI II box? There standard remote misses play/pauze button. I tried searching in the logitech database, but could not find a working profile.

Comment

Hello,
      I cannot cache files on the usb external hard drive. I can read but not write, or choose it as a destination file. I use the addon quasar for Kodi and want to use a cache folder on the hard disk or other USB memory.
      I can not change the download folder to the disk with Torrent programs. I want to use the box to download torrent, it is a good solution with low energy consumption.
      I searched SDFix solutions but the application does not work. Another is Xposed. But I want to update via OTA and can not Xposed.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by certxx View Post
        Please, give me an advice. Mini m8sii join the Synology NAS only via app DS video or it goes the other way? :-) When i use vlc player, movie play, but not sound.... :-)Thanks
        I'm not sure I understand the question....

I have had some flakiness with getting VLC, and File Manager, to see my NAS/RAID on the wired LAN, but it worked one time, and a made a backup of my data through the "update/backup" app. Now, when VLC fails to see the NAS/RAID box, I do a restore and it usually works fine. I have no idea why.

I have also tried Kodi (latest 16.x stable release) and that can see the NAS/RAID box on the LAN, but plays movies off it without any sound (and I'm not sure the picture is sized properly). Luckily I have no use for Kodi (and frankly I'm too impatient to go through all the endless menus - I have only one lifetime!).

By contrast my new Moto G4 sees the NAS/RAID box via VLC or File Manager (that is the Asus file manager) and can play or transfer files perfectly every time (just like my PC can). I'm pretty sure that the MiniM8S-II f/w I have is buggy (see my previous post - I wish now that I hadn't attempted the OTA upgrade, as it worked fine before - a lesson learned!). I am waiting patiently for new firmware to appear, either OTA or via FTP & microSD.

Comment

This is nu serious problem. You can not expand the internal memory of the tv box and free 4gb are not enough.
          I need to pass the temporary folder quasar addon Kodi to see movies torrent of more than 4GB. I have now only free 2GB.
          In other devices to put a sd gives the option to convert into internal memory. This box no.
          With this box 8gb( free 4gb) you will not be able to watch movies torrent of more than 3 or 4 gb in Quasar or similar.

With this box you can not write to sd, USB stick or USB hard drive. You can only read.
          With this box you can not download files on sd , USB stick or hard drive. No apk torrent
          This box has only 4 gb free for all

We need this in the next OTA.
          Who makes this? How can we contact?

Comment

Originally posted by tosu View Post
            This box has only 4 gb free for all
            insert the SD card 16-32GB (10 class)
            Settings - Memory
            Make SD card internal memory
            Last edited by vldim; 10-11-2016, 20:29.

Comment

wow guys, I just tried my new xiaomi gamepad with real racing on the mini m8s II and it's great. It's a console-like experience.

Comment

Originally posted by gnacca View Post
                wow guys, I just tried my new xiaomi gamepad with real racing on the mini m8s II and it's great. It's a console-like experience.
                Yes, Real Racing works very well with this box and Xiaomi Gamepad. Also Asphalt 8.

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
                  insert the SD card 16-32GB (10 class)
                  Settings - Memory
                  Make SD card internal memory
                  I try

But, I need to write on my usb hdd for use Utorrent.

Comment

Originally posted by tosu View Post
                    But, I need to write on my usb hdd for use Utorrent.
                    Try tTorrent
                    It works fine!
                    He writes in USB HDD

Comment

Try tTorrent
                      It works fine!
                      He writes in USB HDD
                      I tried the sd. It works as internal storage configuration button bar notifications. This option is not in settings/storage. Thanks for the video link.

More memory but there I can only install new applications. I can not change the temporary folder of the Kodi Quasar. Sd does not appear in the browser (sd memory expansion mode) I can not move the apk KODI to SD. The problem continues

Tonight, I will try ttorrent.

Thank you.

Comment

New firmware OTA 13.10.2016

Last edited by vldim; 10-14-2016, 19:56.

Comment

New firmware OTA 13.10.2016
                          (is available on the firmware 05.08.2016 and firmware 26.09.2016)
                          (not available on the firmware 23.09)

Where can this be downloaded from? I won't risk OTA...

Comment

Originally posted by freemansteve View Post
                            Where can this be downloaded from?
                            not yet...
                            Last edited by vldim; 10-15-2016, 13:12.

Comment

If I had known....
                              I would of course put download
                              Sorry - I'm not sure what that means!

Comment

The update is OTA so he doesn't have a link to a download, otherwise he would have included one.

One of my boxes received the update, the other can't find any newer updates.

Didn't notice any difference for me. Amcodec is still in Kodi/SPMC.

Comment

Working...
                                X