Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lallo89 View Post
    anyone have r06 firmware in zip version? to flash with Update&Backup app ?
    firmware 13.10.2016 for SD or Recovery

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Extract the files from the archive.
    copy update.zip file to TF-card (make sure it is FAT32 format), then run Update&Backup app to update system by local.

Changes:
    1. https://imgdepo.com/id/i9835006
    2. Google Photo now play video
    3. Passtrough fixed
    4. AC3 fixed
    Last edited by vldim; 10-17-2016, 18:24.

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post

copy update.zip file to TF-card (make sure it is FAT32 format), then run Update&Backup app to update system by local.
      I downloaded it. Should I flash "sd_MINIM8SII_rv106" or this one: -13.10.16 офиц. root. Btw I will use Update and Backup app. Is it okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Terminou View Post
        I will use Update and Backup app. Is it okay?
        Yes that's right!

Comment

So, ota updates do not work anymore, the ota function in these android boxes just sits there for show as it was always before.

Why not just remove this function altogether, it is obviously a gimmick and useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Comeandgetme View Post

So, ota updates do not work anymore, the ota function in these android boxes just sits there for show as it was always before.

Why not just remove this function altogether, it is obviously a gimmick and useless.
            I think the September firmware have a bug about the OTA, OTA function will work after October firmware. If you have the September you cannot use OTA function to upgrade to last firmware. That's all.

Comment

Note about manual firmware upgrade, I hope can help somebody.
              You need copy the "update.zip" file (inside sd_MINIM8SII_rv106.zip) on SD. You cannot use the SD used as interal storage but a new SD with FAT32 file system. Then you need remove USB drivers.

Comment

Dear Vldim,
                could you be so kind and upload this firmware-file to Mega or other service? I can't download the file from yandex, it says that i've already reached my download limit, but i'm pretty sure it's the first time that i went there!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by array81 View Post

I think the September firmware have a bug about the OTA, OTA function will work after October firmware. If you have the September you cannot use OTA function to upgrade to last firmware. That's all.
                  Thanks, the last OTA I have is 23/09/2016 firmware 105.

So basically the firmware 105 (which came rooted via ota) and is convenient to install an adblocker, has broken the OTA function. Therefore further OTA from 23/09/2016 firmware 105 in these boxes is useless. Now updates to mini m8sii firmware are being posted on this forum.

Is the firmware 26/09/2016 and 13/10/2016 rooted.

I went and bought a 2nd one of these boxes because the ota update function was working and was being supported, it seems I made a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by lostheway View Post
                    could you be so kind and upload this firmware-file to Mega or other service?
                    GOOGLE
                    Last edited by vldim; 10-17-2016, 14:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Comeandgetme View Post
                      Thanks, the last OTA I have is 23/09/2016 firmware 105.

So basically the firmware 105 (which came rooted via ota) and is convenient to install an adblocker, has broken the OTA function. Therefore further OTA from 23/09/2016 firmware 105 in these boxes is useless. Now updates to mini m8sii firmware are being posted on this forum.

Is the firmware 26/09/2016 and 13/10/2016 rooted.

I went and bought a 2nd one of these boxes because the ota update function was working and was being supported, it seems I made a mistake.
                      There is not a 26/09/2016 firmware only 23/09/2016 (105) and 13/10/2016 (106).
                      The last firmware (13/10/2016) is rooted.

If you have 23/09/2016 firmware you need install the new firmware by SD (see my post #471) or in alternative downgrade to agoust firmware (104) and then upgarde to the last (106) by OTA.

Comment

Eventually I bought HDMI to VGA converter in order to solve purple screen problem on my SONY TV. I upgraded to version 106. (13/10/2016) My TV Box seems pretty okay but quality decreased when I use converter. Hope, I can use HDMI on this box in the future.

Comment

Thanks for all your efforts.

Comment

I used HDMI to VGA cable and purple screen issue was fixed. However TV always refresh itself like suddenly screen turns black then it backs. Is it normal with VGA?

Comment

Extract the files from the archive.

Changes:
                              1. https://imgdepo.com/id/i9835006
                              2. Google Photo now play video
                              3. Passtrough fixed
                              4. AC3 fixed
                              I LOVE YOU

Comment

I read an early review stating this box wont write to usb stick or HDD. Has this issue been addressed in firmware updates? I want to be able to download torrents directly on this box.

Comment

Working...
                                X