Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tosu View Post
    If someone knows who the manufacturer is or has their email address, they should send this request to you.
    Message to the manufacturer.
    We need in the next firmware update, have permissions to be able to write in SD or HDD.
    DIY:
    with Root Explorer or a similar app, edit /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml

and modify or add if it's necessary:

Code:
        <permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
            <group gid="media_rw" />
            <group gid="sdcard_rw" />
        </permission>

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" >
            <group gid="media_rw" />
            <group gid="sdcard_rw" />
        </permission>
    Then save, reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
      with Root Explorer or a similar app, edit /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml
      in Android 6.0 not not working edit platform.xml
      But I have not tried.

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
        But I have not tried.
        Seems odd but probably you're right

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
          But I have not tried.
          So does this solution work or not? have you tried it?
          There has to be a solution. For example the tv box a95x, yes it can. It also android 6.0 and s905x.

Comment

So does this solution work or not? have you tried it?
            There has to be a solution. For example the tv box a95x, yes it can. It also android 6.0 and s905x.
            I just can explain you that before android L and then MM normally modifying /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml did the trick, but teoretically, 6.01 should use packages.xml to add write permissions for app, but i did not dig into yet.
            It's a google choice, for security reason, it's not a bug, i dunno why a95x can write, if i got some free time i will try to look in a A95x ROM if could be useful.
            Last edited by Xannytech; 11-13-2016, 19:47.

Comment

If someone knows who the manufacturer is or has their email address, they should send this request to you.
              Message to the manufacturer.
              We need in the next firmware update, have permissions to be able to write in SD or HDD.
              You'll need xposed installed and Marshmellow SD Fix write v2.0

Editing the platform will not work.
              Currently Using:
              2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
              Retired Devices:
              MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

I just can explain you that before android L and then MM normally modifying /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml did the trick, but teoretically, 6.01 should use packages.xml to add write permissions for app, but i did not dig into yet.
                It's a google choice, for security reason, it's not a bug, i dunno why a95x can write, if i got some free time i will try to look in a A95x ROM if could be useful.
                A95x in its version a95x s905x 2gb / 16gb. I read review that says that it reads and writes in sd and hdd in file system Ntfs, Fat32 and ExFAT. Also it is mentioned that it does not have the error "10mb" but I do not know what it is. And this box considers hdd as an sd and can be used as internal memory.

Comment

Originally posted by ididmytime View Post

You'll need xposed installed and Marshmellow SD Fix write v2.0

Editing the platform will not work.
                  In some forum they say that xposed has not worked and still can not write.
                  But I do not want to install because I lose OTA, is it?

Comment

Hi all,

how can i get in recovery mode since there is no "toothpick" hole?

I tried keeping the power button on remote control pressed but it just boot normally.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards.

Comment

Problem Quasar addon. The cache folder can not be moved to sd or hhd. You do not have permissions to save cache in sd.
                      (The addon downloads the video by torrent and at the same time wach it.)
                      Yes it can be changed, if the location is this. "android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files" in the folder of the Sd or Usb HDD. In the root you can not, we do not have permissions.

-Micro sd it does NOT work. The download begins and after a few seconds or mega download is stopped. When canceling, it should delete the generated temporary file but do not erase it and occupy the space of the video. Do not have enough writing speed?, maybe it just keeps in memory? I do not know, maybe some caches or permissions for write of what I complain. But the file is there and it has been written even though it is not able to delete it
                      The card I use is sandisk ultra 16gb class10 HC1. What card do I need? The system warns that this card is slow. If I use it as internal storage, Kodi becomes slow.

-But on a usb HDD(ntfs) it works great for watching videos at 720p, by the way! If the video is 1080p appear many lugges. You probably do not have enough speed to read and write at the same time. And if you cancel the video, Kodi or quasar erases it without problems, and the problem of permissions? I do not understand anything.

Summary, for micro sd does not work. For usb Hdd(ntfs) yes but only in 720p videos.

We will have to continue searching for solutions.

(Sorry for my English)
                      Last edited by tosu; 11-14-2016, 19:25.

Comment

Problem Quasar addon. The cache folder can not be moved to sd or hhd. You do not have permissions to save cache in sd.
                        (The addon downloads the video by torrent and at the same time wach it.)
                        Yes it can be changed, if the location is this. "android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files" in the folder of the Sd or Usb HDD. In the root you can not, we do not have permissions.
                        Just a fast suggestion... use Libreelec for that task, then if you need Android, reboot to Android, because probably i could modify permission by myself per app, but i don't need.
                        But for you and what you want to archieve the best solution is libreelec. IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by nikits72 View Post
                          Hi all,

how can i get in recovery mode since there is no "toothpick" hole?

I tried keeping the power button on remote control pressed but it just boot normally.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards.
                          ehm... are you sure that you're using a Mini M8S II? The little hole is on the bottom of the box. If not you have got another device

Comment

Just a fast suggestion... use Libreelec for that task, then if you need Android, reboot to Android, because probably i could modify permission by myself per app, but i don't need.
                            But for you and what you want to archieve the best solution is libreelec. IMHO
                            Thank you, I'll think about it.
                            But I do not understand, does libreelec work only on a SD? If I install I will not be able to go back to android. Double boot?
                            But I need android for some applications. Libreelec does not allow adding more applications, it's just kodi.

I add more information to the problem in case someone reads it.

- I download and I see without problems in an Usb HDD, also to 1080p. I tried it with another video and it works without lugges.

- In sd I have tried with other formats ntf and fat32 but the download stop. I also put it on a usb reader and the usb plug, it does not work either. I tried another 32gb card of the same class and brand Sandisk clase10 HC1

I have tried to download it with a torrent (fluid) apk. Discharge smoothly to the sd, at speeds of 1mb / s. At the same time I play the movie with an apk (mx Pro). This works without problems or lugges. Everything outside Kodi and it seems that the card is fast and the port sd is also.
                            Maybe it's Kodi? Caches configuration? But only happens if it is an SD. Why does it work on a usb HDD and not on a usb reader with a sd inside?
                            How does the system know that it is an SD?

Comment

I think I may have found the solution to the purple screen! I just changed the resolution of the box from "1080p 60hz" to "1080i 50hz". That's it, I haven't seen a purple screen in two days. Except when I tried to change back to 60hz, I got one almost immediately. Then I went back to 50hz, and nothing.

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it's worth a try.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just got a purple screen again... arf! But it's been a long time, so there must be something to this... Anyway, if someone knows of a box that doesn't have this problem, please let me know, I'm seriously considering to buy one...

UPDATE: So, after a bit of trial and error, I have realised that I don't get the purple screen IF I set the refresh rate to 50hz (be it 1080i or 1080p), AND IF I turn the TV on directly on the HDMI channel instead of changing the source while watching normal TV. So, I change to HDMI, turn the TV off and then on again. If I do this, I seem not to get the purple screen. I'll keep testing.
                              Last edited by solitron; 11-18-2016, 11:17.

Comment

Thank you, I'll think about it.
                                But I do not understand, does libreelec work only on a SD? If I install I will not be able to go back to android. Double boot?
                                But I need android for some applications. Libreelec does not allow adding more applications, it's just kodi.

I add more information to the problem in case someone reads it.

- I download and I see without problems in an Usb HDD, also to 1080p. I tried it with another video and it works without lugges.

- In sd I have tried with other formats ntf and fat32 but the download stop. I also put it on a usb reader and the usb plug, it does not work either. I tried another 32gb card of the same class and brand Sandisk clase10 HC1

I have tried to download it with a torrent (fluid) apk. Discharge smoothly to the sd, at speeds of 1mb / s. At the same time I play the movie with an apk (mx Pro). This works without problems or lugges. Everything outside Kodi and it seems that the card is fast and the port sd is also.
                                Maybe it's Kodi? Caches configuration? But only happens if it is an SD. Why does it work on a usb HDD and not on a usb reader with a sd inside?
                                How does the system know that it is an SD?
                                libreelec can boot from a usb stick or sd, or you can install it in nand, but starting it from a usb stick you can also use sd and hd, i suggested it cause you were asking for a problem on a kodi torrent addon, and in that case it's the best solution, then when you need android simply reboot normally your system.
                                Last edited by Xannytech; 11-15-2016, 19:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X