No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am very much a noob so bear that in mind please!

I just got my Mini M8S II and I am trying to install Kodi 17 64 bit version - tried a few times but no luck. The 32 bit version does install - what will I be missing due to the "slower" version? I did remove ver 16.1 first so that it is easier to get things exactly the way I would like them.

Comment

Originally posted by gday View Post
      Hi, I am very much a noob so bear that in mind please!

I just got my Mini M8S II and I am trying to install Kodi 17 64 bit version - tried a few times but no luck. The 32 bit version does install - what will I be missing due to the "slower" version? I did remove ver 16.1 first so that it is easier to get things exactly the way I would like them.
      Simply MINI M8 SII uses a 32bit Android, so you cannot use 64bit apps on it.

Comment

Originally posted by jasabel View Post

I have installed your v109 and works well. Used "Amlogic USB loader" and the toothpeak method.

I managed to make work passthrough for DD and DTS both for Kodi and SPMC , and SPMC even pass DTS-MA, however not luck for TrueHD on both and DTS-MA not working for KODI

I am suprised because I did not find any Marshmallow boxes with the "HDMI Passtrough" Option at SETTINGS-> Digital Audio Device. To my knowledge previous versions were able to configure Android as "RAW Passtrough" or "IEC Passtrough" (At Android Audio Settings) but I can't find this options on the settings. KODI seens to take this setting from the system and don't let it change, SPMC let it change though.

Regards
        That's due to lack of amlcodec developing, without a total rewrite of the codec the kodi developers cannot do nothing so they give up.
        Koying the SPMC developer left AMLCODEC in but i'm not sure he can do something more than this.

Comment

Hi,

I have bought the mini m8sii 16gb rom,2gb ram with s905x amlogic processor and I have some problems.Fist of all when I started the tv box a message is appeared in the screen which is said:"UPDATE & BACKUP application has stopped".Also the other problem is that when I have enabled the amlogic acceleration in the video settings of kodi, the movies run very well but every time when I stopped a movie and going to the main menu kodi is crashing and stopped suddenly.Do you have any solution to these problems??The tv box has Android 6.0 (version 109)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170109-193859.png
Views:	150
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	621459

Attached Files
          Last edited by marsele; 01-09-2017, 21:02.

Comment

Hello i want to ask smthing if anyone knows...

Is there any way to set a specific LAN IP and not a random one?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by velox View Post
              Hello i want to ask smthing if anyone knows...

Is there any way to set a specific LAN IP and not a random one?

Thanks in advance!
              Hello.

Something like this, I guess:

Comment

Hi does anyone know if there is going to be anymore updates as the last update caused some issues and it has been a couple months since the the last update that slowed the processor down caused issues when copying files to and from the device and caused spmc to crash made better by disabling amcodec on old version of spmc but still can't use the latest spmc as always get web server failed to start but fine on other devices and fine when using older version of spmc the current firmware I have is p212-user debug 6.0.1 mhc19j 20161013 or has there been an update that my box isn't receiving like I had trouble when the last update was released thank you in advanced for your reply

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Is the purple screen issue solved? I am using HDMI to VGA cable to solve this but believe me it is worse than HDMI since it always refreshs itself automatically.

Comment

I haven't had a purple screen and I have had the box from the beginning pre-ordered from gearbest with all updates I've had a few issues but never a purple screen and always used hdmi

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Luke.Aaron.Barrass; 01-24-2017, 19:42.

Comment

Hello ppl.my problem is that i try to use this tv box for some days now but i cant.....used it on 2 different tv s and with 2 different hdmi cables on different resolutions according the tv resolution its plugged in and everytime after a minute or 10 or 30 i get black screen...message on tv always the same...resolution isnt supported etc..and t gets stuck i cant shut it down fro mthe remote control so i unplug it then plug in again the power supply and again same story...desperate for a solution.thanks in advance

Comment

Ordered one of these boxes yesterday from gearbest. And just spent the last hour reading every post in the thread.

I'm not new to Kodi, however I am new to Android TV boxes and it seems I'm going to have fun with this one.
                        Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread seem like a lot of good info is buried in here and I'm sure I'll come up against many of these problems soon enough.

#### edit
                        #### Figured the below out thanks !!
                        #### https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9688

One thing I didn't quite get, are we disabling video hardware acceleration, or not ? Early on in the thread it says to disable but later on it says to enable it ?
                        Am I right I thinking if we leave it enabled it starts Kodi in "full hdmi range" which will result in a darker appearance until a video file is played, solution is to add a intro video to kodi.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Invisable; 01-29-2017, 20:37.

Comment

I've spent a couple hours trying to implement the below black screen solution and just can't get it to work. Unsure if step 3 is done through kodi file manager or Android. Can't find the folder in either method and unsure how to copy file. Then really don't understand steps 4&5.

If anyone can post a more detailed description of how to do this I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Originally posted by vldim View Post
                          You need old file "remote.conf" from T95N /system/etc/remote.conf
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solving the problem with the "black screen" (black shadows or low brightness)
                          Thank you "crazzian"

1. Download the archive https://yadi.sk/d/94s27z7L33Uxuf
                          Select any video file!
                          2. Rename the video file in the "bootvideo", the extension does not specify (empty file extension).
                          3. Copy to Folder
                          \ System \ etc \

We confirm the replacement (if necessary, who is there before you can rename the file).
                          3. Expose the permissions 644 (rw-r - r--), if they are different.
                          4. In the file
                          \ System \ build.prop

Modifies the parameter to 1
                          service.bootvideo = 1

5. Reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkman View Post
                            I've spent a couple hours trying to implement the below black screen solution and just can't get it to work. Unsure if step 3 is done through kodi file manager or Android. Can't find the folder in either method and unsure how to copy file. Then really don't understand steps 4&5.

If anyone can post a more detailed description of how to do this I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Install this app from the Play Store and then try to do the above steps with it.

Comment

Guys, I have a micro SD card in the box, as I'm saving and keeping there my Titanium Backups. Every time I reboot the box a screen comes up about the SD card settings (browse the sd card, etc). Does anyone know how I could disable this screen coming up every time without removing the SD Card ?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Thanks a ton for the advice that worked great. Much appreciated

Originally posted by LostEchoes View Post

Install this app from the Play Store and then try to do the above steps with it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wserfree&hl=en

Comment

Working...
                                X